Bug invasion in Ohio

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Bug invasion in Ohio

Post by E_ »

Ohio's Bedbug Battle Escalates with EPA Crisis Meeting

IT EVEN SAYS THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE IS INVOLVED! :o :D

You guys need to start fumagatin your boats before towing them across the river! :P

Cincinnati created a Bedbug Remediation Commission in 2007 and, like other local and national governments around the world, the city is trying to mobilize strategies to control infestations of the resilient insects, which can hide in almost any crack or crevice and can go a year or more without eating. On Aug. 10, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a consumer alert about off-label bedbug treatments, warning in particular of the dangers of using outdoor pesticides in homes. The Ohio Department of Agriculture has mounted a more unusual response to the crisis: it petitioned the EPA for an exemption to allow in-home use of propoxur, a pesticide and neurotoxin banned in the 1990s out of concern for its effects on children. (See the top 10 weird insect mating rituals.)

Although the EPA rejected Ohio's propoxur plea in June, the agency has scheduled an Aug. 18 meeting with state and municipal leaders to try to formulate an abatement strategy everyone can live with. Among the meeting's participants: representatives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and, no joke, the Department of Defense.
Read more at
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100818/u ... 9201150900

Waterwings have fun with this one... Nearly look out you're closer then me! :o
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Re: Bug invasion in Ohio

Post by weedbeater17 »

Might as well have the Department of Defense involved, they sure as he?? can't defend the borders, maybe they can help the exterminators and learn something. :-s This might be the only jobs available up here before long.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FUE! :ymtongue: I am paranoid about them! You outta see me in a hotel room! I about tear the room apart upon arrival lookin' for them suckers and their deposits! Sheesh! Now I've got the itchies! X( X(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

New York City has the really bad too... Jeffie's traveling.... just great.... his crap is always on the floor.... :-ss
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

katie wrote:his crap is always on the floor.... :-ss

Then teach him how to use the shitter for cryin' out loud. =))
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

_____ wrote:

:)) :)) :)) :))
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

_____ wrote:

I've been trying to do that for 35 years!! You know what they say about OLD DOGS don't ya? #-o :ymsigh:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

jist love the way threads on here take on a life of their own and nobody gits their panties in a wad! BTW...TMI, katie! =)) =)) =)) =))
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

=)) =)) =)) me too re3too.... this did kind of go to hell in a hand-basket didn't it ;)
(but my post did have something to do with hotels and leaving your clothes laying around on the floor! they tell you not to do that if you don't want cra....er I mean bed bugs :D )
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Re: Major Hi jack on this Positive subject

Post by Dolphin »

PoooPo sends and Email to clittle Bobber and cXer and clittle Bobber SMACK Down you lowly Infidels

Smaker, smaker smaker

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

=)) Hon Pass anther cold one
Dolphin

Re: what a nice sun set on the Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

Just sit tin here seeing How many Iced down Corona Lights I can enjoy :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :o)
Dolphin

Re: Just took a stroll doan the dock

Post by Dolphin »

the Big boys are down on Chillins boat B-)
Dolphin

Re: screw those Damed Bed bugs anyhow

Post by Dolphin »

there just up there in those dumpy, god afful govt. run Howsing devisions

Heck, we are paying all that rent anyhow :ymsick:

Just run those suckers back to Tenn. where they belong

the old red neck boys will deliver em all of those darmed bed bugs I would guess ??? :|

=))
Dolphin

Re: Bug invasion in Ohio,

Post by Dolphin »

:ymhug:
Dolphin

Re: PITA wont alow drowning bed bugs You know

Post by Dolphin »

@-)
Dolphin

Re: Starting to cool off here a bit

Post by Dolphin »

think I will have another Iced down Corona and a nice Ky. brand cigar while watching this lovely sun set

that old E. he is up there counting every Non Union worker drive by his place :-? comin home from a day of luxury at the Toyota Plant
Just a thinkin #-o now if just some way ? 8-} we could get the UAW down here and Save all these poor suckers @-) from their Doom

yep , take a couple hundrid out of their check every Month

give it to the Obama camp, give it to PITA, save the whales, Abort the White Baby in America

give it to the Jessie and all Sharpton Boys to take over and convert us all to Muslims :ymapplause:

yes sire :ymdevil:
Dolphin

Re: Hun, pass another cold one, Please

Post by Dolphin »

:-*
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

You may want to turn off the computer after you've had your 6th beer. :)) :)) :))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

FasterThanYou wrote:You may want to turn off the computer after you've had your 6th beer. :)) :)) :))
I was thinking the same thing. I've heard the street corner bum make more sense. =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

=))
FireEscape

Post by FireEscape »

Dolphin you're killin me here!!! =)) =)) =)) And I thought I was a rambler when the cooler strikes! =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Mr. Dolphin, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

lol
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112508/quotes
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

I give myself a 10 for ???? Hmmm well, I forget now ? Hmmm

Hon, pass another corona, Its Friday You know !

OH, now I remember !

Heck, If you all red all of that ??? You gotta be very Board :(( But I love you all anyhow :ymhug:

Drove my new Tundra to Tenn. this AM for breakfast , Yum, them eggs are better down there !

8-| 8-| 8-| L-) I feel fine !

:ymcowboy:

E. You know Most of the friends you went to H.S. with are grandparents Now !!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Naaa, most of my highschool friends went to college and had kids later... lol
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Naaa, most of my highschool friends went to college and had kids later... lol
any new news E. ???
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Baby is getting her first professional photoshoot in the room right now. Luckily we are in KY and no bed bugs are in site.
Dolphin

Re: Congratulations one and ALL

Post by Dolphin »

Good Job
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Originally posted by E_HILLMAN

You guys need to start fumagatin your boats before towing them across the river! :P
Too late, looks like some jumped off a boat this summer and ran into the school... :o:P

http://www.lex18.com/news/health-inspec ... f-bedbugs/
From LEX 18 news
Health Inspectors, School Officials Work To Rid Russell County School Of Bedbugs
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 5:03 PM
Updated: Sep 3, 2010 5:11 PM

Health inspectors were at a Russell County elementary school Friday as officials work to stop an infestation of bedbugs at the school.

The inspectors were at Salem Elementary, which has been sprayed several times after some of the pests were found in the school. So far, attempts to eradicate the bugs completely have failed. On Friday, the inspectors worked to check every part of the school looking for the bugs.

"They create a major nuisance," said Stewart Spillman of the Lake Cumberland Health Department. "Because they do spread and they spread back into your home and they're hard to get rid of."

The principal of the school said that as they try to rid the school of the bugs several steps are being taken, including not allowing any school supplies to be taken home by students, who are also not allowed to bring backpacks to the school for the time being.

"(Students) are excited about that," said principal Terry Grider. "They enjoy not taking the backpacks home, the books home."

Grider said the school will continue to inspect the school until there is no longer any sign of the bugs.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Well, they must have floated down the river from the stadiums in Cincinnati where those Bungle Bug's Play :)) :)) :))
E_
Site Admin

Re: Bug invasion in Kentucky

Post by E_ »

:(
http://www.lex18.com/news/bed-bugs-foun ... ky-hotels/

Look out Nearly they are fully across the river now.
Bed Bugs Found In 34 Of 64 Northern Kentucky Hotels

Posted: May 18, 2012 9:16 AM

COVINGTON (AP) - The Northern Kentucky Health Department says 34 of 64 hotels in the area have been the subject of at least one bed bug complaint since May 2010.

The district's environmental health and safety director, Steve Divine, told The Kentucky Enquirer that the complaint-driven inspection requests run the gamut of hotels in the region.

The paper reported that public records showed hotels reacted differently to the request, with some taking rooms out of service immediately and others having multiple complaints filed before anything was done.

American Hotel & Lodging Association President Joe McInerney said bedbugs have become a national problem that is especially hard to eradicate in hotels.

___

Information from: The Kentucky Enquirer, http://www.nky.com

Topics: bed bugs, northern Kentucky
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/top-50-bed-bu ... -for-2013/
Lexington made a significant drop last year, down 16 spots to number 40. Louisville is ranked at 32. Ohio has four cities in the top 10, including Cincinnati at number five. And Chicago takes the top spot for most bed bug problems.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Columbus OH #3! Good reason not to visit GWW's darlings or for them to visit us! :D :ymdevil:
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

The problem with extermination is that then they could end up on the endangered list. The the goverment will spend millions on how to save the D#$$#%M things. =))

Return to “General Talk”