I confess ! I have sinned Father

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

I confess ! I have sinned Father

Post by Dolphin »

As My Lovely wife of 40 some seasons were sitting on the Aft of Dolphin today

Watching the boats go by, in and out of the harbor, a NO Wake zone

I heard one of my neighbors, as he was driving by in his run about ! going back to his slip

Yell at someone right behind my boat ??? NO Wake ! slow down ! He yelled

I thought ! If someone is there ? they are WAY to close ??? Next thing I know, this family in a runabout goes PLOWING by rapidly heading into the Gas dock not 6 to 10 feet from the slide on my neighbors boat . good thing NO one was swimming around the Boats ???

This guy screams at my neighbor saying ! I am about OUT of GAS and I have to get there Fast ??? Hmmmm and Kind of smart a$$ I must say 1

So I say, they are like 10 ft. from me whizzing by ! I say, No Wake, slow down and save gas, You are plowing ! well, then the Wife and guy, boat driver go after ME that they are LOW on gas and in a big hurry to get there ???

By now they are well down the way !! Now if she would have said, I , or one of the children have to Potty ??? I would have let that go ! after raising 3 daughters and a wife with a teeny Bladder ??? At times . I well Understand that !!!

But by then I Blurted out some D and F words to let them know I did not see the engineering technology of Plowing Water versus idling slow to the gas dock

My neighbor hung around for protection ?? He Likes a good fight at times being from Louisville and all !!! :)) :)) :))

so, I do repent ! Sorry people

Take a lesson on fuel consumption, boat handling and come back soon !!! :ymhug:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: I confess ! I have sinned Father

Post by E_ »

The absolute only reason I could see is if their fuel pump was in the back of the tank and when the bow is up it pools more gas to the inlet but still... When you are that close surely someone would pull you in...

To save yourself from a little inconvenience while possible causing thousands of dollars of damage not to mention being a hazard to the public is just wrong. Can we rewind the state dock webcam? lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Re: I confess ! I have sinned Father

Post by imaposer »

Is that anything like using the "I'm lost" excuse as to why you're speeding? People just don't think these things through. 8-}

Return to “General Talk”