Way to go Shipforbrains

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Way to go Shipforbrains

Post by Pac22 »

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... #pid341474

Finally, what I've been saying for a yr is sinking in over there. Glad others are telling it like it is. But be careful, I got banned for that. =)) =)) =)) =))

And here is my take on this thread. People need to stop bitching so much and just learn that there are always going to be idiots on the water. No one was killed on LC this July 4th weekend and I see that as a good thing. I was ready to read about a tragedy when I got home and was pleased that I didn't find one. Yet, there has been more crying about this past weekend than I can ever remember. Everyone needs to lighten up and enjoy the lake. I see stupid chit every weekend (not talking about you Chillin =)) ) but you won't find me posting about it on Monday morning.

I will say one thing though. Spooner talks about the non english speaking folks on the SD rental. I saw them at the dock before they left out and knew that boat was gonna be FUBAR. Just sayin' =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Way to go Shipforbrains

Post by E_ »

I didn't take it all as complaining. SOme if it seemed to be reports of stupid stuff that was scary to see or just downright funny.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

JMHO but not impressed with complaining about complaining. People complaining about others is what led to the bannings in the first place. It's all pure BS IMHO. That's why I prefer this place..people aren't always stickin' their nose up at others. If ya don't like the tone of something, don't read it! I don't wanna hear a bunch of woo hoo, rah rah crap either! :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I say ole" ship is on the short list now. How dare he be critical of the way things are in an open forum, don't he have any idea of the imperialism that reigns over yonder.............. =)) =)) =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

re3too wrote:JMHO but not impressed with complaining about complaining. People complaining about others is what led to the bannings in the first place. It's all pure BS IMHO. That's why I prefer this place..people aren't always stickin' their nose up at others. If ya don't like the tone of something, don't read it! I don't wanna hear a bunch of woo hoo, rah rah crap either! :ymsigh: :ymsigh:

Wrong-OHHHHH The bannings came from some of us having a difference in opinion with certain mods. Not complaining about the happenings on the lake and who pulled too close to whom. BIG difference. I never complained about other boaters on the lake unless it was REAL bad. I come to the lake every weekend expecting there will be dumbasses and I adjust accordingly. I realize they haven't been doing this near as long as I have. But currently there are multiple threads over there of boaters bitching about other boaters. That's the whole point Ship was making and I agree 100%.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Lock5 wrote:I say ole" ship is on the short list now. How dare he be critical of the way things are in an open forum, don't he have any idea of the imperialism that reigns over yonder.............. =)) =)) =))

=)) =)) =)) =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote: Wrong-OHHHHH The bannings came from some of us having a difference in opinion with certain mods. Not complaining about the happenings on the lake and who pulled too close to whom. BIG difference. I never complained about other boaters on the lake unless it was REAL bad.
Yes and no, IMHO. There have always been people there who have complained to the mods about people's posts and have thus contributed to the bannings. And if you don't believe that, then you have your head up your arse! :D :D
I wasn't referring to the complaining about other boaters but about the complaining to the mods because some don't agree with a person's opinion. Pay attention! :-B =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I might need to move this for it to continue it is VERY borderline talking about another site....

The reason MOST were banned is because when they were moderated they then argued about being moderated with the moderators, made more post about it trying to be rebelloius and they were then banned for not just letting it be. Some people don't realize when forum is someone else's it is their right to do with it as they wish. It is a free country but not a free forum and someone is paying for it. Either the mods withe their free time they have little of or the owners with their monetary contributions.

I guess I understand this a lot better now after having my own site and having to try to keep the peace and try to juggle letting people say what they need to say. I know all too well when you just can't make some people happy. RE3 is right, Ship did pretty much just add to the complaint bucket. Instead of complaining about one thing he complained about the forum which is negative all the same. At least some of the posts about what they saw others doing on the lake were humerous... I truly was suprised to even see him post it since I thought he was a pretty easy going dude.

Of course my first line in this post will most likely get me some backlash... LOL I can't win... I can say if I did not know some people personally like some of the mods there do not I would probally do the same thing... The real problem here is it is a BIG forum and most people don't know each other. That is what is really bothering most people. When it is your own group griping you handle it better but there you have a bunch of people that NEVER will make it to a raftup or gathering and they just don't take each other right.

I think the mods there do a great job with what they have and that is not sucking up. I have no reason to. That is just being emphathatic of what they go through since I know it all too well myself. I could pull back and let the mods here delete, move, and ban and then act all innocent and ___ would once again think I was a ok guy again. :p
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

You just proved my point. Ship IS a laid back easy going dude so for him to say something means a lot. And apparently there are plenty who agree with him. Wake up dude. i-)
And I don't know why you would move/delete this thread. Nothing has been said that hasn't been said there.

Oh, and I'll never think you're an ok guy. :ymdevil: =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

And this quote here....

"So here is my challenge to the Lake Cumberland Members. Try to come to the forum party this fall. I am sure State Dock will step up and try to throw us another one... Try to organize some family friendly raftups somewhere near the middle of the lake. AND if you are in HARMON during one of them try to take just a couple hours out of your day and come visit your forum lake family.

I think THAT will help a lot of this. There was a day when we all hung out. (Sure a lot of times I only stopped by for a short while but at least I stopped by) I got to meet Captain Bob at a time when he was a feared Mod and after meeting him not only did I get a face with the name and spark a new friendship but I also got some GREAT boating tips and knowledge and even got the info for my current VHF radio setup on my boat.

So WHO will meet the challenge? Attend at least ONE forum gathering a year. Maybe even two. and let’s start the group raftups back up and somewhere where EVERY member can be... Maybe difficultly creek or maybe even Liney Branch (I think that is where one of the first ones was at).

Bubbles will show us the way and maybe Mother Toon will show up, bash our heads together and make us all get along."

E, you have to be joking. You are challenging folks to do something you don't even do. If you hang for an hour at any gathering it's a record. Those of us who take our cruisers and anchor down in Harmon are not going to pull up shop and go visit another location for "a couple hours". It just doesn't make sense. I was there for the very first raft up and probably the next 10 after that so I've met pretty much everyone and know who I do and don't get along with. I really miss the old days. :(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:

E, you have to be joking. You are challenging folks to do something you don't even do. If you hang for an hour at any gathering it's a record. Those of us who take our cruisers and anchor down in Harmon are not going to pull up shop and go visit another location for "a couple hours". It just doesn't make sense. I was there for the very first raft up and probably the next 10 after that so I've met pretty much everyone and know who I do and don't get along with. I really miss the old days. :(
And that attitude right there, IMHO, is what makes it difficult for newbies or those who don't care about tying up in Harmon all weekend. You have made it abundantly clear that if someone doesn't do what YOU like to do that they aren't really worth your time or effort to get to know. I know you think I'm a fuddy dud ole L-) because of the lifestyle I choose to lead. And that's OK with me. What I do object to is calling others out because they don't want to do the same thing you do. I don't make fun of your choiuces and expect the same respect in return. Jist sayin'.... Peace out! :)
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Is it still on LC.com??? I can't believe it has been allowed to stay up, and sure wish I could see it!!! =)) =)) =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin

Re: Way to go brains

Post by E_ »

_____ wrote:E, you have to be joking. You are challenging folks to do something you don't even do. If you hang for an hour at any gathering it's a record. _______________I was there for the very first raft up and probably the next 10 after that so I've met pretty much everyone and know who I do and don't get along with. I really miss the old days. :(

How long was I at the State Dock Party this spring or the forum rally at the Louisville Boat show? I have been to many and many I have stayed more than a hour. Some I stopped by and that is ok too. My point is that (and if you read what I wrote) they don't have to stay all day and if they could just stop by and say hi it would go a long way. So no I DID NOT ask anyone to do what I don't do because I asked them for a hour and at least one a year and I FAR surpass that. ;)

Your last sentence is part of the problem. You have not met everyone. THere are a lot of new people on the forums and they don't come around because some of us do not make them feel welcome enough especially if they are wanting something family friendly.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:Is it still on LC.com??? I can't believe it has been allowed to stay up, and sure wish I could see it!!! =)) =)) =))

Really? You got any 100 OCTANE?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

re3too wrote:
_____ wrote:

And that attitude right there, IMHO, is what makes it difficult for newbies or those who don't care about tying up in Harmon all weekend. You have made it abundantly clear that if someone doesn't do what YOU like to do that they aren't really worth your time or effort to get to know. I know you think I'm a fuddy dud ole L-) because of the lifestyle I choose to lead. And that's OK with me. What I do object to is calling others out because they don't want to do the same thing you do. I don't make fun of your choiuces and expect the same respect in return. Jist sayin'.... Peace out! :)
You are WAYYYY off base. I have attended more raft-ups than ANYONE. How many have you attended? "not worth the time or effort to get to know"???????????????? You really don't know me at all. I thought you did, but you just proved that you have no clue about me. We really do need to meet in person you can get a clear picture.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Way to go Shitforbrains

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
_____ wrote:E, you have to be joking. You are challenging folks to do something you don't even do. If you hang for an hour at any gathering it's a record. _______________I was there for the very first raft up and probably the next 10 after that so I've met pretty much everyone and know who I do and don't get along with. I really miss the old days. :(

Your last sentence is part of the problem. You have not met everyone. THere are a lot of new people on the forums and they don't come around because some of us do not make them feel welcome enough especially if they are wanting something family friendly.
My last sentence was I miss the old days. That's part of the problem?

And I pretty much get a sense when I talk to someone on the forum whether or not I would get along with them. Not too many I care to meet these days. Anyway, you tell me the last time there was a formal raft up that I missed. I'm not talking about the little improptu gatherings on holiday weekends when I have huge other plans. Because I know I'm not the only one who skips those. I'm talking about a raft up like we used to have (you never made one of those) way back when we all first started, 2002, 2003. Now those were parties.
E_
Site Admin

Re: Way to go

Post by E_ »

Ok, your next to last sentence. I made 2006/2007 in Harmon for Memorial Day and Labor Day and they were quite huge. Just as big as the pics from the other raftups before. 2008 things started falling off as the party made its way in (not a problem but we should have had the forum raftup elsewhere) Which is what I am talking about the problem is what RE3 said about how some will not come out of Harmon or the party scene to meet new people. Generally the holiday weekends are when the forum raftups will work the best and there is no way to get several out of Harmon on one of those days to meet and greet the new people.

YOu have not missed any because they did not happen since a large number of the people that have been around for a while are holed up there and won't come out for a bit like they used to leave 76 falls for a while to come to the other ones. And I don't mean to point at you on that because one person is never the cause but there are SEVERAL from that old crowd that don't make the effort anymore. Isn't that how most of the old crowd met each other? Now instead of growing their family they fall off into a click of boats in the party.

And not just the partiers but how many of the mods would go from this or the other forums? That is also part of it... I know some made it to the forum parties but how many would actually make it to a raftup like Captain Bob and many others would. Plus you have some of the middle end guys like Odyssey and his crew that are not seen anymore. That is not because of the forum's direction but because of people's personal choices to fall back into their own. I was lucky that you all were still rafting when I came along. Without that we would not even have this forum to goof on like we do.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well I haven't been to Harmon yet that I didn't meet someone new so I guess I'm doing pretty good. And most have never heard of the forums and I always tell them about it. Well, I tell them about this one anyway. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:
re3too wrote:
_____ wrote:

You are WAYYYY off base. I have attended more raft-ups than ANYONE. How many have you attended? "not worth the time or effort to get to know"???????????????? You really don't know me at all. I thought you did, but you just proved that you have no clue about me. We really do need to meet in person you can get a clear picture.
Have to disagree that I am WAYYYY off base. 1) Doesn't matter that you have attended more raft-ups than ANYONE! I do not attend raft-ups because my husband and I do not care for that kind of event. We do not drink and boat and do not want to get in the middle of that. 2) IMHO, I think I proved I know you pretty well. I have defended you yet you continue to jab at E and others who do not follow your agenda. Somebody is cool unless they choose to take a different path.I personally do not call going to a place and rafting up boating but that's what you like to do and that's okay by me. But those of us who choose to boat in a different way should not be put down for not attending or just driving through!

This whole discussion just proves what I said before on lc.com. The thread Ship started has just opened old wounds and will probably cause more. How sad that negative thread has generated more interest than a positive one! :( :(

Okay! Done with this! ___....back to regularly scheduled programming! You're a jacka$$! :D ;;) =)) =))
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

re3too wrote:___....back to regularly scheduled programming! You're a jacka$$! :D ;;) =)) =))

But he admits to being one.............. =)) =)) =))

I'll keep working with him to get him up to Angel Status.... O:-) O:-)
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

all i can say is WOW!!! :-o
not sure if i should defend myself, bash someone else, or just ignore the whole damned thing. X(
:ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

CB just pulled the wool over everyones eyes, if you look at the member list ___ and I are both still shown as members. I'll promise you that I can't sign into the site.

Also E. has magicly changed the title to this thread to "Way to go Shitforbrains" only where he responds, am I the only one that notices these little things?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote:
re3too wrote:___....back to regularly scheduled programming! You're a jacka$$! :D ;;) =)) =))

But he admits to being one.............. =)) =)) =))

I'll keep working with him to get him up to Angel Status.... O:-) O:-)
Holy crap! Settin' yourself up for failure, aren't ya? :D :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

bubbles wrote:all i can say is WOW!!! :-o
not sure if i should defend myself, bash someone else, or just ignore the whole damned thing. X(
Why would you say that?
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: Way to go FasterThanYou - see I changed it

Post by FasterThanYou »

Lock5 wrote:
Also E. has magicly changed the title to this thread to "Way to go Shitforbrains" only where he responds, am I the only one that notices these little things?
Actually, you can change the header on any post you make. See the header above. E didn't make any changes that would bring that up only when someone posted. I looked at the logs which show any changes we would have made and it's not there.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Plus, if anyone knows ShipforBrains they know he's a helluva guy.

FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

bubbles wrote:all i can say is WOW!!! :-o
Ahhhhh, just ignore it. I have except to make clarifications. :D

I'm going to the lake.........see ya later.

Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

FasterThanYou wrote:
Lock5 wrote:
Actually, you can change the header on any post you make. See the header above. E didn't make any changes that would bring that up only when someone posted. I looked at the logs which show any changes we would have made and it's not there.

That E., he is slicker than a minnows peter.............. =))
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Don't tell him that. It'll go to his head :)) :)) :))

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Sure is getting hot in here. :))
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Lock5 wrote: That E., he is slicker than a minnows peter.............. =))
=)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Re: Way to go Lock you dang arsehole.

Post by E_ »

I performed no magic, just messed with one of my own post to see if you all were paying attention.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

re3too wrote:
_____ wrote:
re3too wrote:
_____ wrote:

2) IMHO, I think I proved I know you pretty well. I have defended you yet you continue to jab at E and others who do not follow your agenda. Somebody is cool unless they choose to take a different path.
Dam it's getting deep. 1. I don't have an agenda, unless you call going to the lake and having a good time an agenda. Then yes, I have one.

2. E is the one who was down talking those of us who wouldn't leave Harmon to visit another raft up. Those who want to make a raft up, more power to them and I still think they are cool.
I also respect your style of boating. Everyone on the lake has their own way of doing things and I say rock on. Even though Hillman is famous for his drive-by's, I still respect that's how he rolls. I don't understand it, but I respect it. :p :D
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

E_HILLMAN wrote:maybe Mother Toon will show up, bash our heads together and make us all get along."

Do I need to get started now????? :-w

Fixed the quote as it was me that said that on LC.com
Last edited by MissSwitzerland on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

While Mothers away... O:-)
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Something about you and angel wings just don't mix!!!!
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

MissSwitzerland wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:maybe Mother Toon will show up, bash our heads together and make us all get along."

Do I need to get started now????? :-w

Fixed the quote as it was me that said that on LC.com
Started? :-? Did you ever quit??? :ymdevil:
JabezBoy
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina

Post by JabezBoy »

Is anybody old enough to remember when CB Radios became hot nationwide and different "channels" (read blogs) would have "coffees and meetups" (read raftups), and they would go strong for awhile (met my first girlfriend at one of those btw, but that is a story for another day, and one for the water), then they would splinter and some would go to a different channel? I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin' .... :-? ;)

I decided to post here because LC Addict gave me grief for not posting here. Met up with her and some of her friends this weekend (at their kind invitation) and they were GREAT! Although evidently either Cousin Ronnie (of band Ugly Early who played at Forum party this year) or I needed a shower or a personality change because every boat we tied to eventually pulled up anchor and left. We kept moving down the line until eventually we were left in the cove alone! :-\ L-)

We're from Jabez though; so we were used to it. As I told my wife when she threatened me with divorce: "I grew up in a trailer park and ain't afraid to go back! how 'bout you?"

But I digress. I enjoy the banter boys. I do. and so I read it. But I hardly think it is 'fresh'. But...perhaps necessary. if we were all alike, you guys would look horrible! (assuming we all looked like me) :p
"Boats - Vessels of Freedom, Harbours of Healing - Boats"
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

I think Jabez and I could have alot of laughs over a dozen beers or so, I'm not so far removed from the trailer park myself, and really enjoyed my time there, so going back might be fun........... just sayin'
JabezBoy
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina

Post by JabezBoy »

I will be down and on the water every weekend between now and Aug 9th, EXCEPT for July 24,25 weekend. Look me up! LC Addict can give you my cell number. I'm always good for a cold beverage!
"Boats - Vessels of Freedom, Harbours of Healing - Boats"
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS WRONG HERE.

I personally know ___, E, and several others on this forum and on the "Other" Forum. As far as their individual boating styles I can't hold that against any of them. When ___ and Chillin came to a "real" dock this year I was very excited. I knew I wouldn't see them every weekend because I don't do the Harmon scene. Several other friends do too but that's their choice and who am I judge what they like. I spent some quality time with E at the last Forum gathering but I haven't seen him on the lake for a while. I still respect him as a person even though we do some friendly bantering on the websites. When I do see these guys I try to make the best of the time I spend with them. I remember the so called "old days" when we had 25 to 50 boats rafted together. For many reasons, many of the old bunch choose to stay at their own part of the lake. Lest we forget our good friend EZ Street who organized two very successful raft ups. He choose to not participate in either forum but I know all of us hold a special place for him. Odyssey, Mamakin, Bert, and many others are going their own way but the remembrances we have of the times we had together are what we should be thinking about. Who chooses to join up or not to join up should not be the issue. There are still a lot of members of both Forums I would still like to meet, regardless of what they posted, or what stand they took. I look at it this way. We are all different in many ways but one thing we have in common. We all love boating and Lake Cumberland. We all can at one time or another have a good time with each other. I know the other site has rules, I understand some and some I don't but I feel it's not my issue with someone else's property. When I'm in their sandbox, I play by their rules. I may choose not to play anymore and take my bucket and shovel and leave. I learned a long time ago that nothing will always be the way I always want it to be and there will ALWAYS be someone else telling me what to do. We all have bosses or someone else in higher authority, that's just a way of life.
I received an "adult beverage' call last Saturday from some of the members here. We were saying goodbye to a good friend at home whom some of these guys know. Even after a couple of years, I put the parties on the phone and they got to say their goodbyes. These guys met at a Forum gathering, had not seen each other for a couple of years but for one moment, thought enough of each other to reconnect and say their goodbyes.
These are the things I will take with me. No one sees eye to eye and will disagree from time to time. Do I agree with everything ___ and E says? Hell no, but these opinions are not going to change how I view them as a friend. Opinions are just like backsides, we all have one. If we always agreed, this would be a pretty dull place. It's just sad how differing opinions can fuel dissension on open forums such as this. Life is not getting any longer and I wouldn't want to spend the rest of it walking down the dock having to look the other way or run down the lake having to alter course just because I didn't agree with what someone said in the internet.
Peace, Love, and Friendship. The older you get, the more you respect their value.
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

Dan.....you always have the perfect words for everything! :D
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Nearly wrote:I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS WRONG HERE.

Peace, Love, and Friendship. The older you get, the more you respect their value.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: No truer words are spoken!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

Looks like Nervous and Onechick are the next ones to be banned, how dare them question the hierachy, don't they realize that will get them lined up in front of the firing squad. =)) =)) =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

=)) =))

I'm just glad there are so many who are now speaking up about the antics of one certain mod. But even though they are, he doesn't seem to get the picture. L-)

I would also like to thank all of those who have suggested inviting me back. Even though I doubt I would accept the invite, I still appreciate the shout out. :D
Lisa
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Post by Lisa »

Life is to short to fight on forums over some BS...but I have to say, I like that post from onechick on .com. Never met her, but i will raise my glass this weekend while I am floatin on my noodle! B-)

and to all the great folks I've met on these forums...cheer's to you too!!
Dehydrated
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

selfmedicated wrote:
Right back at ya. Maybe I'll see ya on the water this weekend. :D
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

selfmedicated wrote:Life is to short to fight on forums over some BS...but I have to say, I like that post from onechick on .com. Never met her, but i will raise my glass this weekend while I am floatin on my noodle! B-)

you are exactly correct lisa! life is way too short and there is too many REAL friendships here to even worry about stupid ONLINE stuff! this coming from the one person that did get caught up in drama before, with other forums, just not worth it!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Will have one in your honor Lisa! B-)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lisa
Better Member

Post by Lisa »

Drank to all of my friends! Then Frank made us toast to Captain Phil Harris from Deadliest Catch. Then....proceeded to experiment with various vodka drinks in 100 degree weather. Good idea?? not so much.
Dehydrated
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

selfmedicated wrote:Then....proceeded to experiment with various vodka drinks in 100 degree weather. Good idea?? not so much.
OUCH!!!! You should know better than to trust him under those circumstances by now. =)) =)) =)) =))

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

selfmedicated wrote:Drank to all of my friends! Then Frank made us toast to Captain Phil Harris from Deadliest Catch. Then....proceeded to experiment with various vodka drinks in 100 degree weather. Good idea?? not so much.
I watched the tribute episode to Capt. Phil last night. Pretty crazy what those guys do for a living.
show-n-goh2o
I posted something! WooHoo!
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by show-n-goh2o »

captain Phil was awsome. I would have loved to have a couple of drinks with him... The tribute show was great, the job they do is crazy but a part of me would love to try it for a week or two. I don't think i could make it a full season.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "d@mn that was fun"

You can never have to much money or to much horsepower... It's just hard to have both.
Lisa
Better Member

Post by Lisa »

I can tell ya that I sure don't bitch about the price of King Crab anymore!!
Dehydrated
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

It almost makes me wish I ate seafood. Wait, no it doesn't. :ymsick: :ymsick:

Return to “General Talk”