Sooooo, what are you doing?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Sooooo, what are you doing?

Post by E_ »

What are you all doin?

I'm settled down with the wife watching Elf and surfin the net... Bout time for another Beam and Coke!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Re: Sooooo, what are you doing?

Post by LC addict »

At the time you posted this I was already in bed! I love long weekends but they sure do wear you out! (-|
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
mermaid
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by mermaid »

Right now I am in a hotel in Blois, France. Spending the week here on business - left the man at home with the guppies....

:-s :(( :((
Moby
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: State Dock

Post by Moby »

Sitting in the house watching the freezing rain... 8-|
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Well I am just wondering why Mermaid would be sad about being in France. I thought every girl liked that place.... :-\

ANyway its now back to my Sunday ritual of watching the Power Block - Trucks, Extreme 4x4 and Gearz... B-)
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

I would be happy if the man was here and I didn't have to work but other than that it's okay...

however, this is second trip to Paris and still haven't seen the Eiffel Tower. :(( :((
G.T.
Contributor

Post by G.T. »

Mermaid, I kept waiting for you to ask me... I'd been glad to show you the Eifel Tower.. .among other things...... ;)

I hope you left Ahab plenty of rope for the Guppies.

This has been a wierd holiday... I've actually been bored more than not... I can't stand to sit still.. We just got back from seeing Transporter 3. It was OK.. about on Par with the 1 and 2.

After sitting at the Inlaws for most of the day yesterday, I just had to get out of the house today..cold and rain ruined my plans for putting up the Christmas Lights.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

G.T. wrote:..cold and rain ruined my plans for putting up the Christmas Lights.
Holy crap! Same thing here in FL! 8-| Went to the clubhouse and played some ping pong this afternoon then watched some ice skating on TV. Now messin' with this website. Gonna try Christmas lights tomorrow if it isn't too windy!
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
crwky

Post by crwky »

Just got back home after being at the lake since WEDNESDAY :D night. What a great time with family and friends. We had a great time Friday night with a lot of great music. Oh E that bottle of Woodford, it's gone thanks to a good friend :)) except for what's in the carpet on my front deck. :ymhug:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

(-| (-| Trying to think of a darn good reason not to go to work..... thank god for the computer/internet
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

crwky wrote:Just got back home after being at the lake since WEDNESDAY :D night. What a great time with family and friends. We had a great time Friday night with a lot of great music. Oh E that bottle of Woodford, it's gone thanks to a good friend :)) except for what's in the carpet on my front deck. :ymhug:
Well I hope what hit your desk was drank first... :p
Moby
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: State Dock

Post by Moby »

G.T. wrote:I hope you left Ahab plenty of rope for the Guppies.
Rope takes to long... Zip ties are better O:-) [-( [-( :p

Had the same problem with the outside lights here on Sunday... At least the weather gave me a good reason to sit inside all day and study the FAA-H-8083-3A. :D
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

G.T. wrote:Mermaid, I kept waiting for you to ask me... I'd been glad to show you the Eifel Tower.. .among other things...... ;)

I hope you left Ahab plenty of rope for the Guppies.

This has been a weird holiday... I've actually been bored more than not... I can't stand to sit still.. We just got back from seeing Transporter 3. It was OK.. about on Par with the 1 and 2.

After sitting at the Inlaws for most of the day yesterday, I just had to get out of the house today..cold and rain ruined my plans for putting up the Christmas Lights.
Yes Ahab has plenty of rope - however, he did get roped into to seeing the movie BOLT with the little man yesterday... :) :)

and I'm sure you would..... :)) :)) :))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Back to work in the cold... lol

Wondering what happeend to you guys... Where is all the chatter about the races?
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Our fingers are still warming up from being out there Sunday....it was so cold with that wind blowing....Im still trying to warm up, talk about a cold ride back to the dock on Sunday! I'd post pictures but since my daughter broke my camera I dont have any...
crwky

Post by crwky »

Keeping up with the John Wall news it's goooooood :D :D :D :D :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Getting the toon ready for this weekend. Going to Muncie IN. Hookin up with my sister and a few other friends. Listin to the race and grill some brats and burgers. Supposed to be 80, so it should be a fun day. Still not drinking, so I will be the acting daddy for all the others.
Taxi service $25 one way
the only shitter on the 4 boats $2.00 per use
driving the boat $10 per hour.

This is my new retirement program. LOL!!!!!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

crwky wrote:Keeping up with the John Wall news it's goooooood :D :D :D :D :D
Hell yeah! Me too

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Spare Change wrote:Getting the toon ready for this weekend. Going to Muncie IN. Hookin up with my sister and a few other friends. Listin to the race and grill some brats and burgers. Supposed to be 80, so it should be a fun day. Still not drinking, so I will be the acting daddy for all the others.
Taxi service $25 one way

Now let me get this straight. Is that what you pay them per each thing to hang out with you?
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

working my butt off! :-l ~x( b-(
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

And a fine butt it is! :ymhug: :ymapplause:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Dude, my hair is coming back and I have lost about 40 pounds. I am a chick magnet. They will be paying me! =p~ :-$ =; :)) :ymsmug: ;)

E_HILLMAN wrote:
Spare Change wrote:Getting the toon ready for this weekend. Going to Muncie IN. Hookin up with my sister and a few other friends. Listin to the race and grill some brats and burgers. Supposed to be 80, so it should be a fun day. Still not drinking, so I will be the acting daddy for all the others.
Taxi service $25 one way

Now let me get this straight. Is that what you pay them per each thing to hang out with you?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

I'll be here at the house all week taking care of Kasie. She had major "female" surgery yesterday and I will be nursing the nurse (she's an ER nurse) back to 100%. This is the first Memorial weekend we have missed at the lake in many yrs but I don't even care. I just want her to feel better. Everyone have a safe weekend. I'll be at Harmon in spirit. Thanks to those who have already called with best wishes. As Hillman said, this is my lake family and it means a lot. :)
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

_____ wrote:I'll be here at the house all week taking care of Kasie. She had major "female" surgery yesterday and I will be nursing the nurse (she's an ER nurse) back to 100%. This is the first Memorial weekend we have missed at the lake in many yrs but I don't even care. I just want her to feel better. Everyone have a safe weekend. I'll be at Harmon in spirit. Thanks to those who have already called with best wishes. As Hillman said, this is my lake family and it means a lot. :)
I hope all goes well, please wish her our best.......the lake will be there when she recovers, and at that time we will have the biggest party yet in her honor! Rest up Kasie... and ___ take good care of her!!!!!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

You take care of that girl. The lake will still be here when she recovers.

GET WELL KASIE!

Hope to see you both soon.

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Take care of her ___, I don't think you will find another to put up with you. (I doubt I would either lol)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

___, so sorry to hear this. I wish her a quick recovery.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Hope your wife is doing well. Take good care of her.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Watchin bill meck at Wlextv forecast the weekend. Sounds better than it did earlier in the week.
crwky

Post by crwky »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Watchin bill meck at Wlextv forecast the weekend. Sounds better than it did earlier in the week.
Why even bother watching the weather from now until Sep? Just go to the lake you will have more good days than bad. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm a planner... LOL
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Take care of her ___, I don't think you will find another to put up with you. (I doubt I would either lol)
You got that right. But I've been gaining major points this week.

A little update. Surgery went well. Got her home yesterday afternoon and she has been sleeping mostly. Doctor says she couldn't believe how well she was doing after a major surgery. She's in some pain but as long as she doesn't try to do much it's tolerable. I have been doing my best to make her not do a d@mn thing. But the girl is hard headed and I catch her getting up to let the dog out and what not. I thought I was stubborn. :ymdevil:
Anyway, she is off work for the next 6 weeks and wants to spend some of those weekends at the lake. woo hoo
She's a trooper.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Great news!

Give Kasie our best. Hope we can get down that way soon.

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Good thing you still have the big smooth cruiser.
crwky

Post by crwky »

Great news ___ take care of her because god knows she has done it for you =)) :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Counting down the minutes...

53 till I leave work
115 till I am home
180 until Julie is home
200 till I head out... (Hopefully)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Made it to our place at Camplin's Retreat. Its very nice and there was a lot better parking than the pics would have led you to believe.

Waiting on a Pizza from the Monticello Pizza Hut
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Made it to our place at Camplin's Retreat. Its very nice and there was a lot better parking than the pics would have led you to believe.

Waiting on a Pizza from the Monticello Pizza Hut
Attaboy!

Hope to see ya'll soon

Ya know what? For nuttin but a 6-pack we may be able to find room for ya............................aw chit. I'll buy the beer for ya. :ymhug:

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:-) I always feel like a bum in those arrangements for some reason. Even when I stay at my own sister's place at Conley when she is gone. Hopefully in the next few years I will find the right deal on a cruiser and I will not have to rent a cabin ever again at the Lake unless I am throwing a monster party. :ymsmug:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote::-) I always feel like a bum in those arrangements for some reason. Even when I stay at my own sister's place at Conley when she is gone. :ymsmug:

Next time, ask your sister if you can "barter" a small chore, (you probably already do something anyway) and then maybe you won't feel that way. I don't think your sister has a problem with it or she wouldn't let you stay! ;) I would gladly lend a weekend away for a little "work done" :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Sitting here waiting for this little storm to come through. Also waiting for the first drunk dial of the weekend. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

katie wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote::-) I always feel like a bum in those arrangements for some reason. Even when I stay at my own sister's place at Conley when she is gone. :ymsmug:

Next time, ask your sister if you can "barter" a small chore, (you probably already do something anyway) and then maybe you won't feel that way. I don't think your sister has a problem with it or she wouldn't let you stay! ;) I would gladly lend a weekend away for a little "work done" :D
She won't take money and there really never is much to do. We always sweep etc before we leave but that is about it. So I just always try to leave a nice bottle of Bourbon for their collection when I depart... ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Leaving to go to the lake about noon. Going to try to get the travel trailer waxed. Weather looks crappy for most of the week. May be home sooner than planned. Wouldn't go at all but had work done on the boat and want to make sure they recovered it properly before any storms hit. Being anal about stuff sux! 8-|
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You should come see me tomorrow! Stop by fall creek around 8am and go out with us.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sitting here surfin the net waiting on the fire to take in the stove and watching the news...
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Despite this supposedly being a holiday for me I have been working...... Didn't get home until afer 6pm, sounds like a good excuse to open that bottle of Moscoto!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Just finished a brisk 45 min. walk with hubby. I was tryin' to get rid of the cobwebs in the head and blow the stink off! Stink off went well but the cobwebs are another whole issue (STFU, E!) :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LMAO, you said cob webs.... Normally they are not on the head though... =))

Stink off? Did you have beans? :ymsick:

RE3 you are freakin hilarious!
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

watching the news, talkin bachelor stuff on FB, and trying to figure out other issues.....LOL! way too much going on for this ole blonde girl!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Watching "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson...

Great movie.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Sittin at home by myself taking care of my pup, she got spay today, and also a hernia fix, so 2 cuts. And, we sold the house and made an offer on a new one, so my head is spinning like you wouldn't believe. @-) 8-} I need another drink. Ok and a shot. Ah what the hell, both will work. :D
Last edited by Pac22 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Watching "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson...
What's he doin at your house? Did he come to see Wally? =)) =)) =)) =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:Sittin at home by myself taking care of my pup, she got spay today, and also a hernia fix, so 2 cuts. And, we sold the house and made an offer on a new one, so my head is spinning like you wouldn't believe. @-) 8-} I need another drink. Ok and a shot. Ah what the hell, both will work. :D
Why does everything always happen at the same time? Glad you sold your house. How soon do you have to be out?

Oh, I'm watching the Olympics and peckin' on here! :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

re3too wrote:
_____ wrote:Sittin at home by myself taking care of my pup, she got spay today, and also a hernia fix, so 2 cuts. And, we sold the house and made an offer on a new one, so my head is spinning like you wouldn't believe. @-) 8-} I need another drink. Ok and a shot. Ah what the hell, both will work. :D
Why does everything always happen at the same time? Glad you sold your house. How soon do you have to be out?

Oh, I'm watching the Olympics and peckin' on here! :D
Looks like we have about 30 days to get out, but the buyer said they would work with us on that. So it's all good. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_HILLMAN wrote:What are you all doin?

I'm settled down with the wife watching Elf and surfin the net... Bout time for another Beam and Coke!

Today, sitting at home, got back from a nice lunch at OCharleys and just glad we don't raise tobacco anymore as it would be too hot to be out taking care of it.

I hear Avery in her room fighting her nap time.

I'm surfin the forum looking at old threads enjoying not having to be anywhere for once.

Julie in the office either working or scrapbooking or whatever. lol

Hope you all are staying in the cool or are at the least out in the sun having fun and staying HYDRATED. Been over 100 here today for quote some time. even 99 under the biggest shade tree. Hope people leave their fireworks in storage tonight.

Later E
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, funny old read
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Staying inside trying to stay cool. Just finished a great dinner of grilled crappie, salad and fresh corn. Hoping for some cooling rain (not storms though :( ) and a cool down next week ,so I can get to the lake.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I hope to make it to the lake next weekend too Sunset.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Not much! Too danged hot and GWW is trying to get past the effects of 10 days of antibiotics. They have really wiped him. Going to IL next weekend to surprise a friend on his 85th birthday. Hope it stays cooler and GWW feels better! #:-s :ymsigh:
Last edited by re3too on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Re3, sending a prayer for GW and hope he feels better soon.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Thanks! He did make it to Mass so he may live! #:-s
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Heading out to the pool for some rare solo floating time!! I might finally get to finish the book I started a month ago!
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
crwky

Post by crwky »

MissSwitzerland wrote:Heading out to the pool for some rare solo floating time!! I might finally get to finish the book I started a month ago!
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Who let you out?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Oh like you can talk C! :P

But I'm happy to see you both out!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

is reading old threads and reminiscing of some good times. ...then Facebook kinda eroded away the old school forum presence....
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Miss those days...... :ymsigh:

Return to “General Talk”