Thanksgiving.........what are you thankful for ?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Thanksgiving.........what are you thankful for ?

Post by LC addict »

Its that time of year to reflect on what we are thankful for........

I am thankful that God has blessed me with the 3 best childrean a mother could ask for! And for the time I had with my parents and sister. I am also thankful that God has given us a peice of heaven (Lake Cumberland) here on earth.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
DMS

Re: Thanksgiving.........what are you thankful for ?

Post by DMS »

God,Momma, daughter, sister,nephew, step-daughter, grandsons (1 still on the way March 15?), I guess wifey, being allowed to still be alive, Lake Cumberland and LAKECUMBERLANDBOATERS.COM
DMS

Post by DMS »

...and my best friend "Rock".

The Wet Spot
Marina/Ramp: State Dock - 2-0-0 Row!

Post by The Wet Spot »

I'm so thankful for my family..Karli is the light of my life and the baby on the way has us so excited...my hubby is so wonderful...I'm so lucky to have found a man that has a love for the water as much as I do...and we both still have our parents with us to appreciate every day

We are also so lucky to have been fortunate enough to purchase our first HB this summer and had the best summer ever on the best lake in the world.

Best of all...we have two families...one in Cincy and one at the lake...we love you all! Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

My family, friends, and blessings of course but I grow more and more thankfull for my wife (I can say that since I don't think she reads this forum... lol)

More and more I look at the friends I ran with and the stuff I was in to when I met her and I know she pretty much saved me from a life in the gutter and maybe worse. Now I just keep my mind in the gutter instead.. :ymdevil: =))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

LC addict wrote:Its that time of year to reflect on what we are thankful for........

I am thankful that God has blessed me with the 3 best childrean a mother could ask for! And for the time I had with my parents and sister. I am also thankful that God has given us a peice of heaven (Lake Cumberland) here on earth.
and husband John ????
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

God Bless AMERICA and the freedom of posting !!! :D :D :D

Happy Thanksgiving EVERY ONE

From John and Sharon in N.J. with Family
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Dolphin wrote:
LC addict wrote:Its that time of year to reflect on what we are thankful for........

and husband John ????
Thats an automatic.........I was not having a good night last night when I posted. People love your families while you have them and never take the time for granted b/c you never know how much time you have.
The Wet Spot
Marina/Ramp: State Dock - 2-0-0 Row!

Post by The Wet Spot »

LC addict wrote:
Dolphin wrote:

and husband John ????
Thats an automatic.........I was not having a good night last night when I posted. People love your families while you have them and never take the time for granted b/c you never know how much time you have.
Amen Suzie!!!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I have a little extra to be thankful for this year. My wife and I were told that we wouldn't be able to have children after going through invetro-fertilization, and many other attempts to become parents, so we adopted a little boy from Guatemala about 7 years ago he is our little hispanic redneck. As the story sometimes goes now my wife is 5 months pregnant(concieved at Conely Bottom), and allthough the baby isn't here yet, all things are looking good. So if everything goes well we will have a little girl next spring(April). I tell everyone that I will be 61 when she(we already know) gets her drivers license. :-ss :-ss :-ss
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

That's absolutely awesome. Congrats to all three of you.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Lock5 wrote:I have a little extra to be thankful for this year. My wife and I were told that we wouldn't be able to have children after going through invetro-fertilization, and many other attempts to become parents, so we adopted a little boy from Guatemala about 7 years ago he is our little hispanic redneck. As the story sometimes goes now my wife is 5 months pregnant(concieved at Conely Bottom), and allthough the baby isn't here yet, all things are looking good. So if everything goes well we will have a little girl next spring(April). I tell everyone that I will be 61 when she(we already know) gets her drivers license. :-ss :-ss :-ss
Congratulations! Family is what its all about! I love my boys with all my heart, but there's just something special about a little girl, she will have you both wrapped around her finger before you know it! LOL

We will look forward to her first raft up next summer so her lake family can spoil her too!
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

First of all, I'm thankful all the time, not just at Thanksgiving! ;;) But, like the rest of you, I'm very thankful for the wonderful family that I have. I'm thankful that so far, through this economic crunch, we're still able to pay our bills and aren't living under a bridge (yet). I'm thankful that, as I type, my daughter is on her way home, to stay!! (Son-in-law is already here!) :ymapplause: I'm thankful for the new grandbaby that is on the way, even though it's due July 4th weekend!!! (What were the parents thinking???) :-o I'm thankful for all of my great friends that I've made on-line, even E!!! :p

But most of all, I'm thankful for the GOD that gave me all of these things to be thankful for! :ymhug:
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

We are thankful for God, family, health, freedom, and friends. :)

I personally am very thankful E has such a wonderful wife! Can you imagine how bad he would be without her? Skeers me! :ymdevil: =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Had a Great day! Hope you all did too.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving Text messages from some of you guys! :D
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving Text messages from some of you guys! :D
And thank you for rubbing in that you were at the lake and we werent!
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

I'm thankful that I got to see my ROD in the woods!!!!! :x It was a fleeting moment, but it made my day!!! ;;)
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

Well......I was a little under the weather over Thanksgiving and wasn't on here so mine is a delayed thanks!

First, I am thankful today that I am finally feeling better! ;)

I am thankful for all my family and friends who are always there. (Including my new friends here which I haven't even met most face to face!) I am very thankful for my fathers recovery from his recent surgery and resultant Heart Attack!

I am thankful that I am still employed and able to pay my bills! I think Denmark said it above, not living under a bridge yet!

Mostly I am thankful for my partner, friend and lover, my wife!
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
JLA

Post by JLA »

KYCanuck wrote:Well......I was a little under the weather over Thanksgiving and wasn't on here so mine is a delayed thanks!

I am thankful for all my family and friends who are always there. (Including my new friends here which I haven't even met most face to face!) I am very thankful for my fathers recovery from his recent surgery and resultant Heart Attack!

I am thankful that I am still employed and able to pay my bills! I think Denmark said it above, not living under a bridge yet!

Excuse Me, you forgot about your little four legged baby, IVY. Now go rub her belly and say "I'm Sorry". :-* :-*
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

JLA wrote:
KYCanuck wrote:Well......I was a little under the weather over Thanksgiving and wasn't on here so mine is a delayed thanks!

Excuse Me, you forgot about your little four legged baby, IVY. Now go rub her belly and say "I'm Sorry". :-* :-*
Your right, I have resolved that! :D
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I am thankful I am still around. My wife has been beside me so far with all the health issues this year. Without that I would be lost. First a heart attack in May, then I was told I am a diebetic and now with cancer. It's great to have her go to the doctor each time with me and she gives me a great feeling when she is around. Anyway I am thankful for her and the great care I am receiving from the doc's. :ymhug: :x :-*

Return to “General Talk”