Blues fest at State Dock

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Blues fest at State Dock

Post by Pac22 »

http://lakecumberlandbluesfest.com/

Who's going? I'm looking forward to it.
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Re: Blues fest at State Dock

Post by MissSwitzerland »

We went last year. It sucked! Won't be back. :p
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

MissSwitzerland wrote:We went last year. It sucked! Won't be back. :p
Your kind isn't welcome anyway. :ymdevil: I heard you weren't right in the head and that comment just proves it. :D I bet skinny dipper would disagree with you. ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Well, only cool people go, I ain't cool, so I won't be going! :| :| :|
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

I'll be in Bowling Green KY @ Beech Bend for the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion, so have fun...
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

I gotta work Saturday....and I really wish I could be there. Yall have fun for me! :(
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Cool, sounds like more BBQ for me. :D
MissSwitzerland
Better Member

_____ wrote:
MissSwitzerland wrote:We went last year. It sucked! Won't be back. :p
Your kind isn't welcome anyway. :ymdevil: I heard you weren't right in the head and that comment just proves it. :D I bet skinny dipper would disagree with you. ;)

You miss me don't you?? LOL!! The food last year wasn't good at all, at least from the side that we got it from. We talked to other people that got their food from the restaurant and it was better. So who knows? And we didn't stick around to listen to Skinny because the water patrol was giving everyone a hard time about the alcohol. Hopefully it's better this year for ya'll!!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

We must have been at different events. I had my cooler with me filled with.....cool aid :D , and never got hassled. The BBQ I had was so good, if I had room I would've gone back for seconds. Oh well, to each their own. But I am surprised at the lack of interest in this event. Kasie and the pup are coming with me and we're looking forward to a great weekend. Hopefully on the water during the day and good music and food at night with great weather.
MissSwitzerland
Better Member

I don't know but I got a t-shirt! (Bought it, not earned it - just making that clear before anyone asks!!!) :p We got there later in the afternoon so maybe that had something to do with it. They were running out of food and weren't taking the time to get it all heated up good before they served it. And Wayne came up to the guy behind us who had a beer in a coozie and told him he didn't know what county he was from but in public drinking was not allowed at Cumberland! Dave and I both looked at each other in shock, especially since it was coming from Wayne. We were told later that they wanted everyone to keep their drinks in cups, not cans. So, who knows? Have fun and give Kasie a hug for me!!! :ymhug:
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

A few of the bands were good. Skinny's to name one.

The pork was probably the worst I have had period. No taste, bland, and fatty. I think the wife got sick on it.
I really missed the guy from Columbus, his was good.

They had the kid running around a 1:00 in the morning with a cart full of pork they couldn't sell. I must have seen him in four different places and he still had a full cart. Was it three pounds for five dollars, or five pounds for three dollars ? ? ? ? ? ?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Guess I"m just a good ole' boy. The BBQ???... I tore mine up and wanted more. To each their own I guess. And the last band of the weekend,,,,I was diggin' the hell out of them 2 ladies belting it out. Bravo. Sorry I'm missed Skinny's gig but I did catch him sitting in with some others :ymapplause: Already looking forward to next yr.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:( I probably would have enjoyed the Blues Fest but old pappaw ain't much for blues... talked him into Bean Blossom one year and let's just say it was a little too "Blue" for him after 30 minutes, lol!! He did stick it out though for a couple of hours :ymhug:

http://beanblossomblues.com/
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Talk”