GM Pays Off Debt to U.S.

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

GM Pays Off Debt to U.S.

Post by FasterThanYou »

There's still more to repay but this is a good start.

General Motors Co. has repaid the $8.1 billion in loans
it got from the U.S. and Canadian governments, a move its CEO says is a sign automaker is on the road to recovery.

DETROIT -- General Motors Co. has repaid the $8.1 billion in loans it got from the U.S. and Canadian governments, a move its CEO says is a sign automaker is on the road to recovery.

GM CEO Whitacre formally announced the loan paybacks Wednesday at the company's Fairfax Assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas, where he also announced that GM is investing $257 million in that factory and the Detroit-Hamtramck plant, both of which will build the next generation of the midsize Chevrolet Malibu.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/04/21/gm-pays-debt/

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: GM Pays Off Debt to U.S.

Post by E_ »

:ymapplause: Good for them. How did they do it? Did they get loans to pay off loans? Does the govt. still own part of GM? If so is that not really a loan as well?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

I knew they would make good. Hell my Yukon has 183,000 and still rollin and it's a 2001. I'm a GM buyer and always will be. Oh, except for the Mazda Miata my wife drives and the Jeep in the garage. But my GMC is the best in the fleet. :D
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

They have only paid off some of the loan according to Rush, at his website rushlimbaugh.com.

RUSH: There's a story out there, the automobile salesmen at General Motors, automobile salesmen at AP, an excited headline, breathlessly so: "GM Pays Back Government Loans from US, Canada." No, they didn't. Here, listen to the lede: "General Motors Co. has repaid $8.1 billion in loans it got from the U.S. and Canadian governments, a move its CEO says is a sign automaker is on the road to recovery." Now, if you only read the headline and the lead paragraph, you'd get the distinct impression that what? They paid it all back, right. You get the distinct impression that GM has fully repaid all the money they've gotten from the US and Canadian governments. Why would the AP want to mislead its readers like this? In fact, the General Motors outfit got a total of $61.5 billion from the US and Canada, but now it's shouted from the rooftop when they paid back a mere eight billion. That's what they've paid back. They have paid back a total of 13% of the government loan, and here the car salesman from the Associated Press report says they fully paid it back, which they have not.

Return to “General Talk”