Thunder over L-Ville

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Thunder over L-Ville

Post by $parechange »

Anybody going to go? If so who is going to be on a boat.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Thunder over L-Ville

Post by Lock5 »

Looks like I'll be there with the boat. Going to put in and slip the boat at Harrods Creek Boat Harbor, they have a website. Here is the link. http://harrodscreekboating.com/
FireEscape

Post by FireEscape »

If you stay at Harrod's Creek make sure to stop at the little tiki bar just past the entrance to the harbor. We stopped there last year and the drinks were cold, the food was good and the scenery... uh... I mean service... was great. :D ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

WHen is it?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

April 17th
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

:-?
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

E_HILLMAN wrote::-?

Chicken :p
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just need to check schedules and hope my boat sticker comes in from Pulaski county... ...how late are the fireworks?
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

Be very careful, I have heard some pretty scary stories about the hell that breaks loose after the fireworks. Oh and the anchors breaking loose of boats that are not experienced on the river too.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well tell some stories and give some pointers. Really I guess it would not be a good idea for me to go there and that be my first time on the river. I have ran the KY River but never anchored on it... Maybe I just need to play around some sunny day this summer and then give it a go another year.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

E don't be a sissy. Just prepair. Borrow an extra anchor. I am taking 3 25# mushrooms. Hopefully that will do it. If not I am gonna tie up with Lock5 and hope his will hold both of us. Lock you have a VHF radio? If so send me what channel you will be on. I have decided not to get a slip since it's only a hours drive home. By the time I get loaded and start home, I am hoping that most of the traffic has gone away.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm not being a sissy but instead I am trying to be responsible. I don't know that area and don't want to get myself and boat hurt of cause someone else to for that matter.

I have two anchors, one is a fold up that I love and the other is a heavy 3 prong river anchor that i have not needed to use in a long time.

I don't want to stay all night and yet I wonder how long the ramp line would be.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

One word describes it. CHAOS!! You wouldn't catch me out there in anything less than a big cruiser or a smaller houseboat/riverboat type vessel with twins. And I consider myself a very experienced boater. And I couldn't even begin to imagine the ramp traffic. There is an "incident" every yr out there and I just wouldn't care to be a part of it. Having a slip would be one thing but no way would I anchor out in that mess in a runabout or pontoon. It makes Harmon Creek on July 4th look like childs play.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I hear that ___! :| Pappaw just may be winging it on that pontoon!! I am not at all convinced to go out on it and I'm one of those at my age, TRUST MY GUT takes on a whole new meaning...

I am not crazy about the river to start with, always too much crap in it and with the floods in the upper U.S. this year, I can only imagine what it will be like. He will be pi$$'d but he will get over it, you learn when not to tempt fate and when to laugh at it. There ain't a darned firework in the world to make me risk harm or worse!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

Spare Change wrote:E don't be a sissy. Just prepair. Borrow an extra anchor. I am taking 3 25# mushrooms. Hopefully that will do it. If not I am gonna tie up with Lock5 and hope his will hold both of us. Lock you have a VHF radio? If so send me what channel you will be on. I have decided not to get a slip since it's only a hours drive home. By the time I get loaded and start home, I am hoping that most of the traffic has gone away.
I don't know how well mushroom anchors will hold with a strong current? Perhaps a nice danforth would do a better job getting a bite in the bottom. Mushrooms I suspect will just bounce along.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I was thinking more like a 5 gallon bucket of concrete might do the trick. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:I was thinking more like a 5 gallon bucket of concrete might do the trick. :D
Especially iffin it was tied to you! :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

[-(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

=)) =))
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I have been in a 19' runabout during the poker run. It cannot be any worse. Now that you have scared my bride about going, looks like I will be by myself with our friends. OH well! X(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Let me say this.....We are experienced boaters. We just purchased a pontoon for use in FL. In order to get to Tampa Bay and the Intracoastal, we must navigate a river. River boating and Lake Cumberland boating are two entirely different entities. Both take learning and experience to master. I'm not so sure I would use a crowded weekend on the OH river as my training field. (Ah, chit....I just supported E! :-o ).
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

i know i posted on this thread this morning????....!!!!! X(
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Hey $pare, I'll ride with you! Just let me know where and when. I'll bring the brew and bourbon!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Islander_212 wrote:Hey $pare, I'll ride with you! Just let me know where and when. I'll bring the brew and bourbon!
What he said times 4 =)) =)) =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

There is a lot of debris in the Ohio now, be careful out there! I think I'll watch from the great lawn, unless someone with a big boat wants to pick me up, hint, hint.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

I have boated the Ohio River since 1983. I've seen the worst of about everything. No way would I expose myself to that mess! 'Just sayin'
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Spare Change wrote:Now that you have scared my bride about going, looks like I will be by myself with our friends. OH well! X(
That just means you have extra room. Let me know where to meet ya. :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Folks I was raised on the river, I do understand the currents. It has been a long time and I always had a runabout. This is the first time to anchor a toon in the river. i do not intend to be far from the bank. I am also in no hurry to beat the crowd back to the launch ramp with a top end speed of 20mph. I will have all in life jackets on the journey back, I have my VHF. I feel very confident. On the other hand if the river is up, I had not intended on doing this. I am going with a few other friends. If Kate stays home she can look in our safe and find my insurance policy. I think it will be a great day.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Hey, Gf Jefferina! I wasn't trying' to skeer you or your bride! I'm just sayin' that as experienced boaters, we have seen a big difference between the handling of a toon and a river compared to a cruiser or a runabout. Just want you to be safe and come back for more abuse! :ymhug: :D ;;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Why thank ya Barb. No problem. I just feel that staying close to shore and out of traffic, if the river is normal, I should hav e no problem.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Pacs reply!

One word describes it. CHAOS!! You wouldn't catch me out there in anything less than a big cruiser or a smaller houseboat/riverboat type vessel with twins. And I consider myself a very experienced boater. And I couldn't even begin to imagine the ramp traffic. There is an "incident" every yr out there and I just wouldn't care to be a part of it. Having a slip would be one thing but no way would I anchor out in that mess in a runabout or pontoon. It makes Harmon Creek on July 4th look like childs play.

Then next day ___ says
That just means you have extra room. Let me know where to meet ya.

Did he do this to scare my wife off the boat so he could go? Or maybe he can't make up his mind! Or maybe he don't know WTF he is talking bout! OR maybe all the above! What you all think?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

The answer is yes..... =))

I've not been one to shy away from an adventure. But the part about me joining you on this one was a joke. I was serious when I said I wouldn't go out there on a small craft. I'm not saying it can't be done safely. But if it were me, I'd be paying more attention to the anchor and the idiots around me and couldn't see myself enjoying the fireworks. AND, the cops on the river don't play. They aren't as cool as our Lake Cumberland officers. So that would just be something else to watch for. Just giving my opinion, dam. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

bubbles wrote:i know i posted on this thread this morning????....!!!!! X(
Wasn't me! lol I have not even been on the forum much the past couple days. #:-s
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
bubbles wrote:i know i posted on this thread this morning????....!!!!! X(
Wasn't me! lol I have not even been on the forum much the past couple days. #:-s
i'm sure it was something i did.....me with the blonde and all this sunshine going to my brain the last few days.
but...if anyone is going on a big boat.....i'll be happy to tag along.....me, ___, and lc would surely make a great crew...LOL
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

First off, yes we would be a top notch crew! As far as your posts, I loose mine on here all the time by accidently hitting preview instead of submit... #-o
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

You are telling me.

This frikin site wears me out sometimes. Last night I typed a long reply about river, lake, ocean fireworks on this very thread. After I was done and clicked submit it wanted me to log on.....Well I just loged on damit!!! X( X( X( Needless to say I lost my whole post.

I turned the MF'in computer off, kicked the cat on the way out of the room and then got in trouble with AquaBrit for kickin the stinkin cat!

And this is not the first time this has happened to me eather. :((

Hillman your site SUCKS sometimes.......pice of chit :( Now see I am getting pissed all over again..........
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

I agree with Relax, sometimes I have to sign in several times an hour, sometimes it will keep me signed in for a day.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

=)) =)) =)) Relax =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) you =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) kill me =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

:D Relax...was that really you? :)) :))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ROFLMAO, I just can't figure it out. Some have no problems and some do. I have zero and I use 4 different computers every day and none of them have a issue.

Normally it is how someone gets their internet service. IF they are on a guest network somewhere that flips IPs etc or if they are on dial up they could see an issue. Also depending on home firewall setups that could cause it... The site has secuirty that uses the IP address. If it changes in mid surfing it will cause a new logon.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

I live in the sticks and use wildblue for internet service, I have a satelite on the side of my house for internet. So computer genious what does that tell you? Why do I have the problem? I also am running Vista.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Lock5 wrote: I also am running Vista.
That right there might be your problem. Unless they did some major fixing, I've heard nothing good about it.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I'm running Vista on both laptops. I occasionally have to log back in but only once every few months. Also, my Iphone stays logged in and that IP changes all the time since it grabs my wireless at work, wireless at home, and any others I hit, or AT&T's network.

Hmmmmmm. I'm thinking Hillman is just screwing with you. =))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Geesh! I was going to post and I wasn't logged in!!! lol

Happens to me all the time and I use Windows7 professional
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

I had to log back in to put up a :)) :)) :)) :))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lock5 wrote:I live in the sticks and use wildblue for internet service, I have a satelite on the side of my house for internet. So computer genious what does that tell you? Why do I have the problem? I also am running Vista.

It tells me it might be the router on your satellite.

But if anyone wants to do my job or fix the login problem FEEL FREE do to so. You will get the same pay I get. [-(
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

After logging back in to respond, I promise you don't want me playing with this thingy you call an internet site............. =))
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

_____ wrote:
I was serious when I said I wouldn't go out there on a small craft. I'm not saying it can't be done safely. But if it were me, I'd be paying more attention to the anchor and the idiots around me and couldn't see myself enjoying the fireworks. Just giving my opinion, dam. :D

DITTO! I'm with ya ___! Jeffie, nobody scared me out of it and you know that... /:)
I'd be happy with a blankie, on the bank, near a terlit, etc, etc, etc. Too many crazies out there on the water for me. Especially at the beginning of the season?!? I don't party that big.... (-| call me boring. ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Katie, maybe since Jefferina has "crossed over" the wisdom of us wemmins will prevail! :D ;;) =)) =))
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Well, he's already talked himself out of it, but not because of me or his "crossover" ( :ymdevil: ). It's because one of the other women who were going backed out!!!!!!! I should be questioning that logic....but knowing him the way I do, I would be wasting my breath.

Get pi$$y with your own wife when she doesn't feel safe, but cancel when another woman does??? Niiiiiiccccee.
Just remember, unless the big guy upstairs wants me before you go, I will probably be in charge of your well-being :-?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

katie wrote:
Get pi$$y with your own wife when she doesn't feel safe, but cancel when another woman does??? Niiiiiiccccee.
Just remember, unless the big guy upstairs wants me before you go, I will probably be in charge of your well-being :-?
Yeehaw! That's tellin' the ole fartress what's what! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

=))
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

=)) =)) =)) =)) lol, re3too said "fartress", haaa haaa haaa

Return to “General Talk”