California seeks to boost food stamp participation

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

DMS

California seeks to boost food stamp participation

Post by DMS »

With fewer than half the eligible Californians enrolled in the federal food stamp program, state and local officials have been stepping up efforts to spread awareness of the benefit.

The California Department of Social Services has a pre-screening tool posted on its website that people can use to estimate if they are eligible for food stamps. They can also download the forms to apply for the program.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services sends outreach workers to food pantries, health centers and other community sites to inform residents about food stamps. It has also contracted with faith-based and other nonprofit organizations to help residents with the application process.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... ation.html
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: California seeks to boost food stamp participation

Post by E_ »

...isn't that state already bankrupt?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

The 'illegal' immigrants cost California billions of dollars per year!
I don't want to hear them cry! X(
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Pelosi is probably behind it. She wants to give all illegal's everything free! X(
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Spare Change wrote:Pelosi is probably behind it. She wants to give all illegal's everything free! X(
I'd like to give HER something free, and it wouldn't be a kiss!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

IT'S A SET-UP, IT'S A SET-UP.... DON'T GO, LOL

I can see a couple of reasons they're doing this....

1. With the census going on, the more "indigent" people you have in your state/county, the more FED $$ you are alloted in your budget. Since Cali is broker than chit, it's a way to get more fed money. (kinda like the thought process of.. we need more money coming in on welfare so you're gonna have to have another baby... DON'T BUST MY CHOPS, I know this to be fact... have heard it first-hand)

2. A good way to "flush" the illegals.... which I really don't think they give a hoot about them.

3. Now that the country is pissed about the bill passing - maybe trying to save some votes. They will have time to get these people registered to vote and have their bellies full.

C'mon California, really...... get on the website (these people are poor, can't eat but I be you can afford internet 8-| ) to see if you are poor enough for the rest of the state to feed you.

Why don't they put these homeless and welfare recipients to work, start soup kitchens for everyone and if nothing else, FEED THEM C-RATIONS... RTE Meals or whatever they're called now. WORKS FOR OUR SOLDIERS!!!

The idiocy of our politicians continue to astound me.... :( :| :-s
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Bet they got cell phones and a big flat screen TV!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Nervous Wreck wrote:Bet they got cell phones and a big flat screen TV!
Well, shucky dern, Nervous! That's a right! Sheesh! Don't you know nuthin'? :-o #:-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

I dug this little piece of info up. X( "Wake up America"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually. :-o

In hosting America's largest population of illegal immigrants, California bears a huge cost to provide basic human services for this fast growing, low-income segment of its population. A new study from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) examines the costs of education, health care and incarceration of illegal aliens, and concludes that the costs to Californians is $10.5 billion per year.

Among the key finding of the report are that the state's already struggling K-12 education system spends approximately $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

"California's addiction to 'cheap' illegal alien labor is bankrupting the state and posing enormous burdens on the state's shrinking middle class tax base," stated Dan Stein, President of FAIR. "Most Californians, who have seen their taxes increase while public services deteriorate, already know the impact that mass illegal immigration is having on their communities, but even they may be shocked when they learn just how much of a drain illegal immigration has become." X(

There's more:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrati ... legals.htm
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Just sign California back over to Mexico. :)) :)) :)) :)) Just look at the number of politicians you could cut back on, not to mention a few that should not be in Congress.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I have said this several times here. Pelosi wants to raise taxes to cover all illegals, she says they deserve a better life. WELL FOLKS SO DO I!!!!! Let the bastards go back and make thier own way the same as I did and the rest of you. I have had enough of this bitch! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

Return to “General Talk”