TV tunin talk

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

TV tunin talk

Post by E_ »

Also Posted at http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=26289

Ok, so a while back I got a StarTech.com COMP2VGATV2 - TV tuner / video input adapter.

I LOVE IT! I put it in our home office and then connected it to the satellite and now with the touch of a button our 21" flat screen monitor on the far desk that no one uses goes from being a computer monitor to a 21" LCD tv. Its GREAT! And best of all it was a discontinued monitor from work that works fine that I signed out for free. So I got a very cheap (especially at prices a couple years ago) tv and monitor.
What I REALLY love about it is that you DO NOT need a PC for it to work. It is completely seperate from the PC if there is even one around at all. So you could hang a monitor on the wall and hook this small box to it and boom you have a tv

http://reviews.cnet.com/tv-tuner-adapte ... 38881.html

http://www.radioshack.com/pwr/product-r ... itors.html

http://www.startech.com/Share/ProductSp ... 2.pdf?c=US

Here it is (yeah I know, I need to tie cables up and make it look nicer etc. lol but it is just over on the server rack where no one sits.) Not sure what happened with the picture quality. It looked great when I was taking the picture so I guess the cell phone camera can not handle LCD vid or sumptin...
Startech 1227091506a small.JPG
Startech 1227091506a small.JPG (29.49 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

NOW today I have been wondering about a portable tv tuner that I could take to work, use on my laptop, or anywhere there is a PC and monitor to see and or record digital or analog broadcast television.

Here is one I have been looking at

It is USB so I should be able to use it on about any PC... Its also pretty cheap which is a plus with me Does anyone else have something like this that is USB and if so what is it and what do you think of it?

External USB Dual ATSC Digital HDTV & Analog TV & Clear QAM Tuner Stick / Personal Video Recorder with Remote Control and Antenna For Windows Xp, Vista
Other products by SE
No customer reviews yet. Be the first. | More about this product

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $39.99
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

What Is Subscribe & Save?

When you order through Subscribe & Save, you'll automatically receive a new shipment of the item in intervals you select at a discount on our everyday price. Plus, all subscription orders ship free. We'll charge your credit card for each order only when the item is shipped, and you may cancel at any time.

To start a subscription for this product, choose a quantity and delivery schedule, then click "Subscribe now!" You'll be asked to provide a shipping address, credit card, and billing address. Once the order is placed, your first shipment will be processed and your subscription activated.

More on our Subscribe & Save program
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by DBROTH.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Details
Watch High Definition ATCS TV with USB2.0 User Friendly Interface for PC or Laptot
Compatible with both digital / Clear QAM and analog television signals
Turn your PC Into a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) With The USB TV Tuner Supports Up To 1920x1080i (HDTV)
Includes Personal Video Recorder software for scheduled recording of programs and remote control
Supports Dolby Digital AC3 Audio Output. -- Rewind and fast forward live TV shows with Always Time Shifting recordring ------------ NOT FOR WINDOWS 7 --------------

Product Details
Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
ASIN: B00315B1OU
Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
Date first available at Amazon.com: December 17, 2009

Would you like to update product info or give feedback on images?

Product Description
Product Description
Compact design includes remote control, antenna and cable TV adapter
Watch free to air ATSC HDTV / World Wide Analog TV on PC
Time-Shifting recording allows for rewinding and fast-forwarding of live TV shows
Support HDTV
Automatic station search
Digital Personal Video Recording
Schedule TV recording and save directly to your PCs hard drive
Support US TV signals NTSC, ATSC
TV Program Record
Schedule record
Screen Capture
Specifications

Interface: USB2.0
TV Tuner: 75Ohm (UHF/VHF) TV Antenna
Analog TV Frequency: 55.25~855.25 MHz(NTSC)
Digital TV Frequency: Terrestrial digital channels (ATSC)
video: 8 bits Vestigial Side-Band Demodulation (8VSB)
Audio Dolby Digital AC3 audio output

ATSC Digital TV: ATCS digital recording will typically consume from 1 to 5Gb of disk space per hour, depending upon the tv broadcasters ATSC format.
Analog TV: Analog TV recording will typically consume 1.5Gb of disk space per hour

installation Instructions

1) Close all firewalls including windows firewall / Norton / Mcafee Etc.
2) Place installation CD in computer
3)Plug in dongle in USB port.
4) when prompted to install program press OK.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: TV tunin talk

Post by E_ »

Here is another but not as good of price and no antenna
http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Wonder-600-US ... hisProduct

crwky

Post by crwky »

well i'm testing out the wii internet. So i have a 62' computor.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That is a little backwards to what I want to do.

Isn't that kinda like using a webtv? I guess you are getting near that age where you need that big of a computer screen and reduced functionality. =))
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

What the hell did you say up above? Sounds like more jibberish to me! X(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

basically I said you too should get a 62" tv and surf the internet with Webtv. =))
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:basically I said you too should get a 62" tv and surf the internet with Webtv. =))

:-o SHUT UP RANDY!!!! ;) :p
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Talk”