WWAN ROUTING! Search MBR624GU

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

WWAN ROUTING! Search MBR624GU

Post by E_ »

Well I don't know why I never searched for it until tonight but look what I found.

For those of us that live in the boonies and use a USB WWAN card for their connection, have a PDA with a data plan, or just have a USB wwan for the ease of use being able to have internet for their laptop just about anywhere check this out!

Its a router for your WWAN (wwan is the internet connection thru your cell phone provider)

I had been sharing my connection of the laptop it was connected to thru internet connection sharing but it was troublesome at best. I am going to order one of these and see how it works.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=MBR624GU&fr=yie7c
http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A ... b&fr=yie7c

Those of you house and cruiser boaters could have a wifi connection while at anchor in the middle of the lake.
Luckily for me when I got my data plan on my card I got it with unlimited access instead of the 5 or 6 GB limit like most now. So I am good to go unless they finally force me to change my plan.
_____________________________________________________________--
MBR624GU
Shown here it looks like it is connected to a USB Modem.
MBR624GU Router.jpg
MBR624GU Router.jpg (6.23 KiB) Viewed 7432 times

for E HILLMAN (If you're not E HILLMAN, click here.)

subtotal = $144.77
Make any changes below?
Shopping Cart Items--To Buy Now Price: Qty:
Item added on November 29, 2009

Car Power Adapter for 3G MBR624GU Router - Netgear
Condition: New In Stock Shipped from: ANTOnline $15.85 You Save:$9.15 (37%)

Mediabridge - Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female - Black - (6 Feet) - Mediabridge Products, LLC
Condition: New In Stock $4.99 You Save:$7.96 (61%)

Netgear 3G Mobile Broadband Router (Black) - Netgear

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Mobile-Br ... hisProduct

Condition: New
In Stock

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping

See accessories for this item
Add gift-wrap/note (Learn more) $99.95
You Save:
$6.04 (6%)

Product Features and Technical Details
Product Features
Mobile router works with your 3G modem to create an instant WiFi hotspot anywhere a 3G signal is available
Easy-to-set-up sharing lets multiple users access the internet using a single 3G data plan
Provides double firewall protection to keep unwanted users off your network
Measures 6.9 x 1.1 x 4.7 inches (WxDxH) and weighs 0.7 pounds; backed by a 1-year warranty
Includes wireless router, power adapter, Ethernet cable, USB docking station, vertical stand, and quick install guide
Technical Details
Model Number: MBR624GU
Network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP (Client and Server), RFC 1483 Static IP, Classic IP, WMM, WPS, WDS
Interface: 4 x 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 ports; 1 x USB 2.0 port; 1 x wireless 802.11g
Security: Firewall: Stateful packet inspection (SPI), intrusion logging and reporting, denial-of-service (DoS) protection; VPN functionality: VPN pass-through for IPsec, PPTP and L2TP VPN; wireless: WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WEP, WPA-802.1x, WPA2-802.1x
System requirements: Compatible USB modem; 2.4 GHz wireless or Ethernet adapter; OS with TCP/IP network; Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Firefox 2.0 or higher, or Safari
Power supply: 12 V DC
Operating temperature: 32 to 104 degrees F / 0 to 40 degrees C
Operating humidity: 90 percent non-condensing
Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.1 x 4.7 inches / 175.3 x 27.94 x 119.4 millimeters (W x H x D)
Weight: 0.7 pounds / 0.3 kilograms
Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
What's in the Box: MBR624GU 3G mobile broadband wireless router, power adapter, Ethernet cable, USB docking station, vertical stand, quick install guide, warranty/support information card
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: WWAN ROUTING! (___ CHECK THIS OUT) Search MBR624GU

Post by E_ »

More info on modems that will work with it.

Mine is the ole USB720 and it appears it will work. (order has been placed :) )
http://www.netgear.com/3G_USB_Modems

A review on wise.com
http://wize.com/routers/p507865-netgear ... less#t=398
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Thanks but I don't plan on using the internet at the lake. I'm there for other things. B-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No rufus, I meant for your home connection. I thought you used the broadband card as well.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:No rufus, I meant for your home connection. I thought you used the broadband card as well.
Yes we have a Sprint wireless card for home. But I'm just 6months into my 2yr contract.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That means nothing, this is something you connect your sprint card (if it is USB or PDA) to instead of your laptop and then it acts as a router for your card. That way you and your wife could share a connection if you all have more than one PC at home.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

He is such an idiot E. =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:That means nothing, this is something you connect your sprint card (if it is USB or PDA) to instead of your laptop and then it acts as a router for your card. That way you and your wife could share a connection if you all have more than one PC at home.
Well we only have one so.......

Hey look everyone, Chillin has graced us with his presence. To what do we owe this great honor? You woke up from your nap in the back of your work van? =))
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

Give me a break! It's hard to get right back to it after 4 days off. :D
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:-s :-s You guys put all of the techno crap up here then PAPPAW thinks he should have it!!!!! 8-|

STOP IT!!! (LOL, =)) , no seriously, explain to him it is nothing he needs!!!)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

katie wrote::-s :-s You guys put all of the techno crap up here then PAPPAW thinks he should have it!!!!! 8-|

STOP IT!!! (LOL, =)) , no seriously, explain to him it is nothing he needs!!!)
Yeah! And then he wouldn't know what to do with it anyway! :D :D
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WOW! It came in today and I am using it now!!! wooohooo this is GREAT!!! VERY easy. Took it out of the box, plugged it in, put my USB modem in the docking station for it hooked up a ethernet cable (provided) to it and followed the easy conifg page that popped up and led me thru setting up the security on the network as well. And here I am, using it. B-)

THIS IS GREAT!!! I have now moved into 2004. LMAO
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: WWAN ROUTING! Search MBR624GU

Post by FasterThanYou »

HOT d@mn!

That's a helluva system!

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

still working great. Have to reboot it every now and then if it is not giving out IPs to devices that have been off for a while but not a issue.

Also, took it out on the boat with a DC power adapter when the wife and I were down together last and it allowed both of us to surf the net and take care of some work chores after the lil one fell asleep.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

By the way I finally switched to a in home install of a 4G system where they install a fixed canister outside my home and a Verizon router inside. works great.

If someone wants this router and 3G card they are welcome to it. Make me an offer. ;)

Return to “General Talk”