My $hitty week

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

My $hitty week

Post by $parechange »

Well the basement is finally dry. What a mess. Close to $20,000.00 in gamage. They will start Monday refinishing it. New wall paper, carpet, refinish the bar and the pool table. All the funiture was taken out to dry and be cleaned. Now I have to pick out new wall paper and carpet. I liked it the way it was. So now more decisions. I had just bought all new Craftsmen shelving, and cabnets for the garage and was alsmost done cleaning when the d@mn pipe broke. Now the garage is full again with stuff from the basement. WHAT NEXT?
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: My $hitty week

Post by FasterThanYou »

A buddy of mine used to live on next to the KY River. His basement would flood every couple years when the river got too high. He just considered it a remodel. He'd just change it around every couple years.

Does that help?

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

It sad when you get old and your pipes get leaky.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Was his pipe too soft? :D

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Maybe too brittle,,, /:)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Iffin you use your pipe alot, you gotta maintain it! Sheesh! Any BONEHEAD knows that! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Now I'm pissed you never showed me and Chillin the basement when we came up to visit. WTF is up with that?

jk man, sorry to hear you are having problems.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

But did he show you his pipe?
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:But did he show you his pipe?
What pipe? :-B
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

_____ wrote:Now I'm pissed you never showed me and Chillin the basement when we came up to visit. WTF is up with that?

LOL, ___, he was in such a state of shock when you and Chillin showed up I think he wasn't sure if he was gonna shake your hand or pat your a$$ =)) =)) :ymdevil:

Pappaw will be ok, just been working hard to get the cave outside cleaned up, the one downstairs got left unattended.... it was a nice mancave if I do say so myself. It'll be all good. :)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well that just means another trip is in order when things are back to normal. :D

We still have a spring cruise planned and you BOTH better be there. The forum party was cool but we missed seeing your smiling face. :D
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymhug: you are too sweet! I'll be there with bells on (and a whole lot more, lol) :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

_____ wrote:Now I'm pissed you never showed me and Chillin the basement when we came up to visit. WTF is up with that?

___, I really did want you guys to see it. It was very well done, and I would bet that you havn't been in a nicer one. Anyway it shall return. Might be done in 3 weeks, is what the contractor says. We will see.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Hopefully you'll find the positive in this ordeal. A new, upgraded, and even better man cave.

Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

_____ wrote:Well that just means another trip is in order when things are back to normal. :D

We still have a spring cruise planned and you BOTH better be there. The forum party was cool but we missed seeing your smiling face. :D
Definately, THE SPRING CRUISE WILL HAPPEN. And I agree, can't believe you didn't let us see the man cave! We will definately have to make another trip to see you spare this winter. We really had a great time last year. And yes, Katie you better make the cruise as well! Don't make me spank you. lol
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:-o Chillin!!! You be good now!!! ;)

Return to “General Talk”