Veterans Day is Wednesday

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Veterans Day is Wednesday

Post by E_ »

Got this pic from BlueBird.
Attachments
vetsday09.jpg
vetsday09.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
DMS

Re: Veterans Day is Wednesday

Post by DMS »

THANK YOU doesnt seem like enough for all Veterans have given me. I will NEVER forget. BTW, I watched a show on KET2 Friday night of the American burial grounds around the world. Very moving tribute to the thousands of men & women who gave their all not just for Americans but for the world.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

If you all remember last flag day we honored the vets with the celebration of having a hwy. named for them "Veteran Memorial Parkway." it took close to 8 years to get the name changed with lots of red tape. Wed. we will be putting wreaths at the begining and end of that section of the hwy. This was done with the help of Camp Atturberry, some dedicated Veterans, and the Elks lodge.

Below is an idea of what the Elks do for Veterans.

Several years ago we started publishing statistics that reflect the generosity of Members and their spouses who work so hard to keep our pledge to the Veterans of our Armed Forces.
It is with a great deal of pride that the Elks National Veterans Service Commission lists the statistics for the 2008-2009 fraternal year.
Survey of Volunteer Veterans Service Programs
for Fraternal Year April 1, 2008 – March 31, 2009
Compiled by the Office of the Grand Secretary
Participants in Programs: 1,400,889
Elks Who Worked 127,131
Helpers 69,839
Combined Total 196,970
Hours Donated:
Elks 668,635
Helpers 328,913
Total Combined Hours 997,548

Miles Traveled:
Elks 4,062,787
Helpers 817,331
Total Combined Miles 4,880,118

Contributions:
Cash $3,221,815.00
Non-Cash 4,324,306.00
Hours Worked 20,200,347.00
Miles Traveled 2,879,270.00
Total Contributions $30,625,738.00

—————————————————————————————————
These statistics don‘t tell the complete story. A dollar value cannot be attached to the care and love our volunteers put into their work with those who served America in times of peril.
We thank our wonderful volunteers as they continue Serving Our Nation’s Veterans.
— Robert M. Hennings, Director,
Elks National Veterans Service Commission
ELKS NATIONAL VETERANS SERVICE COMMISSION
UNDER THE SPREADING ANTLERS
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Since I'm married to a WWII vet, I think I might remember. (NO! I am not ole enuff to be a WWII vet myself so don't even start with me!) Not sure what our plans are for Wed. but it will involve a commemorative service somewhere unless Ida kicks up too much. A great big thanks to all past and present service people. :ymhug:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Well tell him Happy Veterans Day from me!

And THANKS to him and all!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9Zb3sTfYg
DMS

Post by DMS »

Thank you vets!!!!! My flag flys everyday not only because of you but also for you.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thank you to our veterans

Return to “General Talk”