Will there be a memorial service????

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Will there be a memorial service????

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Oscar Mayer died!

MADISON, Wis. - Oscar G. Mayer, retired chairman of the Wisconsin-based meat processing company that bears his name, has died at the age of 95.

Mayer's wife, Geraldine, said that he died of old age Monday at Hospice Care, in Fitchburg.

He was the third Oscar Mayer in the family that founded Oscar Mayer Foods, which was once the largest private employer in Madison. His grandfather, Oscar F. Mayer, died in 1955, and his father, Oscar G. Mayer Sr., died in 1965.

Mayer retired as chairman of the board in 1977 at age 62 soon after the company recorded its first $1 billion year. The company was later sold to General Foods, and is now a business unit of Kraft.

Mayer's first wife, Rosalie, died in 1998. He married Geraldine Fitzpatrick in 1999. *
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
DMS

Re: Will there be a memorial service????

Post by DMS »

Sooo, he got remarried at age 85. I guess Oscar Mayers weiner still .....aw never mind.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Denmark- wrote:Sooo, he got remarried at age 85. I guess Oscar Mayers weiner still .....aw never mind.

=)) =)) =))
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Denmark- wrote:Sooo, he got remarried at age 85. I guess Oscar Mayers weiner still .....aw never mind.

Bet it had a first name... :)) :)) :))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

%-( %-( %-( %-( %-( x_x
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Here is his hearse.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

The weiner whistle. DARLA PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! :)
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Weiner Whistle?? That's a new one!! =)) =)) =))
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
DMS

Post by DMS »

MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. – One southern Wisconsin homeowner is probably not in love with the Oscar Mayer wiener. The famed hot dog's Wienermobile crashed Friday into the deck and garage of a home in Mount Pleasant, about 35 miles south of Milwaukee.

Police said the driver was trying to turn the Wienermobile around in the driveway and thought she was moving in reverse. But she instead went forward and hit the home. It sat in the driveway as if it were stuck in the garage Friday afternoon.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090718/ap_ ... bile_wreck
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

All weiners have a natural urge to find a opening.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

E_HILLMAN wrote:All weiners have a natural urge to find a opening.
Well this one made it's own hole!

In case you haven't heard about this story I will help you "ketchup" on the facts and you may laugh your "buns" off. Here is the "meat" of the story.
Yesterday near Racine, Wisconsin, the driver of the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile turned down a dead-end street. When it came to turning around, the driver could not cut the "mustard" and ended up hitting the gas instead of the brake, something she did not "relish." The weinermobile crashed into a house. The homeowner was "steamed" and "boiling" mad. He had gotten the "wurst" of this situation. "Frank"ly, the driver was not "hot-dogging" it....it was just an accident. No one was hurt and Oscar Mayer is paying for all of the damages.

Return to “General Talk”