Polar Plunge Feb.27 (with pics)

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

rockinrod7
Marina/Ramp: Cumberland Point

Re: Polar Plunge Feb.27

Post by rockinrod7 »

Ok finally have gotten 10 "volunteers to join me on team LakeCumberland.Com. Have fulfilled my promise and you each have $25 more to your totals!

That doesn't mean THAT OTHERS still can't sign up or donate!!!!!!!! We still have almost 72 hours before online donations will be cut off and you can still donate day of so GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Also; thanks to Clear Channel Somerset, we will be at the End Zone in Burnside from 4-7pm for pre-registration Friday. Not for sure what channel it will be broadcast on but tune in and listen to us as we promote the event from our newest corporate sponsor!!!!!

Also remember we will once again have raffle tickets for sale for the Gatlinburg Vacation package again courtesy of Clear Channel. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. You can purchase them either at the End Zone on Friday night or anytime Sat. with the drawing to be held during Faubush Hill's performance at the Post Plunge Party. Winner does not need to be present to win.

PACKAGE INCLUDES!!!!!!!!

Clear Channel of Somerset
Polar Bear Plunge Raffle

Trip includes accommodations for up to 4 people for 5 days and 4 nights at either the
Best Western Twin Islands
OR
Best Western Crossroads
in Gatlinburg, Tennessee
(It is the decision of the provider to place winner in whichever hotel has availabilities)
Package also includes:
2 tickets to
Ripley’s Believe it or Not
Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
Ripley’s 3D Moving Theatre
Ripley’s Davy Crockett Mini-Golf
Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20
Winner need not be present to win!
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Only a couple of days left folks. I will be heading down Friday afternoon ready to party down. I donated my whole bag to my buddy Logan, as he has nothing to do with these stupid site wars . Anyway, hope to see many of you there. It's a great cause.
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

_____ wrote:Only a couple of days left folks. I will be heading down Friday afternoon ready to party down. I donated my whole bag to my buddy Logan, as he has nothing to do with these stupid site wars . Anyway, hope to see many of you there. It's a great cause.

DO any of us ACTUALLY have anything to do with "site wars" ???? :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Anyway THANK YOU _____!!!!!!!!!

Less than 48 hours for all you procrastinators to "belly up" to that keyboard and DONATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

And remember we will be at the End Zone from 4-7pm this Friday along with Clear Channel Somerset beginning the party and hyping up the Plunge......ummmm I mean working and taking Pre-Registrations! B-) B-) B-)
After that we will be heading back to my place from 7:30-???? "preparing ourselves for the Plunge. All are welcome and all are invited!!!!!! If you need directions just let me know. I know some of you are staying at Lees Ford and if you need help with transportation again just let me know. We have volunteer drivers and we'll get you picked up and back.
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
DMS

Post by DMS »

_____ wrote: I donated my whole bag to my buddy
Bag of what? We might have gotten Mr. Snickers if we had know about "special" door prizes ;) . Didn"t he jump like 15 feet off LFM's dock last summer?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

=)) good one
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

LAST DAY FOR ONLINE DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!! COME ON EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE TILL IT HURTS AND THEN GIVE SOME MORE!!!!!!

http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200

And if nothing else come on down!!!!!! We will see you at the Plunge!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Hey Rodney, be sure to put in the $$$ I won from you last night when UK kicked south carolina's azz :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

=))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

Right about now everyone should be arriving for the pre-plunge festivities. Hope yall have a great weekend and I am thinking about ya and kinda wishing I could be there too. But I do have to say I am glad I am NOT jumping in that cold water tomorrow. I guess I won't have excuses for next yer...LOL. Yall have a little fun for me! :o)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

today is the day!

We will see a lot of this - :-o
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

_____ wrote: I donated my whole bag to my buddy Logan, as he has nothing to do with these stupid site wars .
This site has nothing to worry about...

How did our LCB.com members do yesterday???
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Hmmm...guess I didn't get the memo about the Plunge being tied to "site wars". Sheesh! I'm so outta the loop! (and no, I did not just call myself loopy!) Guess I jist don't get it! #-o :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

There are no site wars to my knowledge RE3... 8-| In fact we did not have a team just for that reason so the focus could be on other teams.

8-} We just have some that can't let let some things be that are not worth worrying with.. [-(

It was another great event and I am Super Happy to announce that Rod's LakeCumberland.com team took the trophy! :)
Attachments
Rods Team took the trophy.jpg
Rods Team took the trophy.jpg (58.85 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here are some more pics
I8tn KRs wife and PAC with Islander and Southfork in the background.jpg
I8tn KRs wife and PAC with Islander and Southfork in the background.jpg (92.02 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
People dipping the dock in the water durrrduhdurr lol.jpg
People dipping the dock in the water durrrduhdurr lol.jpg (22.26 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Rod and his daughter with the Polar Bear.jpg
Rod and his daughter with the Polar Bear.jpg (72.14 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Knot Responding.jpg
Knot Responding.jpg (78.37 KiB) Viewed 2484 times

Rod gettin out of the water.jpg
Rod gettin out of the water.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Pac Robin Kevin Howl.jpg
Pac Robin Kevin Howl.jpg (45.59 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Leesford Marina.jpg
Leesford Marina.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Lunch at the Harbor.jpg
Lunch at the Harbor.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Rods Team took the trophy.jpg
Rods Team took the trophy.jpg (58.85 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Rod's Mancave.jpg
Rod's Mancave.jpg (71.9 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Alex and Craig admiring the decor.jpg
Alex and Craig admiring the decor.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Did I get attacked by a small bearcat.jpg
Did I get attacked by a small bearcat.jpg (53.71 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Rod with Faubush Hill in the Background at the harbor.jpg
Rod with Faubush Hill in the Background at the harbor.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Keving and Robin - Faubush Hill.jpg
Keving and Robin - Faubush Hill.jpg (20.31 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
Attachments
Rod with Faubush Hill in the Background at the harbor.jpg
Rod with Faubush Hill in the Background at the harbor.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

FasterThanYou wrote:VERY TRUE, ___!!

We should be there since rockinrod and I both only live about 5 miles from there by road and about 1 mile as the crow flies. :D Someone wanna pick us up on the shore? :D

=; L-)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
FasterThanYou wrote:VERY TRUE, ___!!

We should be there since rockinrod and I both only live about 5 miles from there by road and about 1 mile as the crow flies. :D Someone wanna pick us up on the shore? :D

=; L-)
Hey Doofus. We were at Rodney's Friday night. Where the hell were you? :D :D :D :D

E_
Site Admin

Re: Polar Plunge Feb.27 (with pics)

Post by E_ »

You were NOT at the Plunge on Satuday... (FEB 27th )

So yous is the doofus... Plus Rod didn't send me a invite... :(( :p
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Looks like everyone was freezing their butts off but having a good time doing it! Kudos to those who braved the cold water for a great cause :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Plus Rod didn't send me a invite... :(( :p
HINT HINT =)) =)) =)) =))

Return to “General Talk”