Happy November Everyone! How did you spend your Saturday???

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Happy November Everyone! How did you spend your Saturday???

Post by E_ »

Ahh was today not beautiful? How did you spend it? I still had a lot of things to get done so mine was not exciting but even though I was working or running errands it was still a GREAT day. I hope you enjoyed it and have great plans for tomorrow since next weekend for now does not look too hot. (literally)

Mine was as follows,

i-) Slept in late (until temps crept above 60)
:ymcowboy: Got up and went to G-town for some stuff a Lowes, Lunch at Mi Mexico, and groceries with the wife.
:ymcowboy: Came home and put more gutter guard covers on. (was easier today since i used a pair of pliars.)
:ymcowboy: Mowed the front yard, wife mowed the back yard.
:ymcowboy: Washed the truck and both of us clean the insides of ours.
:ymcowboy: trimmed trees around the house, swept the driveway and garage.
:ymsigh: Put the full tarp over the boat (goin tarped) lol
:-B Now checkin in to see how you guys are...

B-) Tomorrow I plan to take a drive to Pikeville and around thru the mountains. I was going to ride my lil bike but I think mom wants to go... And that is fine with me. The boss is going to scrapbook tomorrow (on such a pretty day :-s :-\ )
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Happy November Everyone! How did you spend your Saturday???

Post by re3too »

Went out for breakfast, took a a nice bike ride (2-wheeler, not 3) down to our marina and around the resort, cleaned house, went to Mass, fixed a bite to eat, went for a walk. Oh, did I mention we were wearing t-shirts and shorts? Warm enough tomorrow to ride to the pool for some sun and swimming! :) ;;)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Ahhh you snow birds :o) have it good down there... :p

Do you boat down there as well?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Ahhh you snow birds :o) have it good down there... :p

Do you boat down there as well?
1) I'm not a snowbird, poopboy! (that's you yahoos who fly in and out mooching off the relatives). :p I'm a seasonal resident! :)

2) No boat here yet, but we do make friends easily with those who do! ;) Need to sell a house down here first, then decide what we want. Soon, I hope!
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

Good luck seeling house re3too, I just took mine off the market at the end of September and it was a tough go!

Well E as for what I did Saturday, it basically amounts to a whole bunch of nothing! I decided not to go to Woodson Bend this weekend which is VERY unusual for me! I have to go to Ontario Friday for a week because my father is having serious surgery and I want to be there, so I thought I would spend some time with my wife (She had to work this weekend) and get some stuff (winterizing type projects) done around the house because it is supposed to get cold and crappy after this week. I didn't want to take any chances.
I am doing most of those chores today because my wife is at work and it is a beautiful day!

I do miss being down at Woodson bend though! I guess Faster will have to hold down the fort there for a couple of weeks!
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
JLA

Post by JLA »

I spent the day at my sisters 4th annual Turkey Fry. We had good food, good drinks, and of course, good friends. We fried 70 lbs of birds and ate every last morsel (60+ people). The party started at noon and I left at midnight. Have you ever played Hillbilly Golf? Good times.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

The drive down to Pikeville was B-E_A_U_T_I_F_U_LLLLL yesterday. My wife wanted to stay around the house but I was able to get mom to go along without any arm twisting..
Attachments
1102081616 Mom.JPG
1102081616 Mom.JPG (40.41 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

We went to the Jabez area to visit some friends, listened to the UK game in the middle of the woods and shot the hell outta anything that didn't move. When we got done shooting the guns we broke out the beer and cooked up some beer can chickens over the camp fire. Needless to say, H2Ohhhh Babe was my designated driver. When we got home there was another party going on behind our house at the fire pit. Ohhhhh, I felt a tad rough yesterday morning but was able to get some stuff done around the house before we went and played golf.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Slept in a little, then got up and drove to the boat to do some winterizing. Their were several folks on the dock doing the same.
Well sure enough, Chillin showed up and all plans to do any work went straight out the window. #-o Just ended up enjoying the day and the weather it brought.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:The drive down to Pikeville was B-E_A_U_T_I_F_U_LLLLL yesterday. My wife wanted to stay around the house but I was able to get mom to go along without any arm twisting..
I assume that's your mom in the picture. Sheesh! She looks so normal to have had the likes of you! Jist goes to show there ain't no guarantees! =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:ymsigh: :(( Why are you so mean?

:p
The Wet Spot
Marina/Ramp: State Dock - 2-0-0 Row!

Post by The Wet Spot »

We had a hog roast to go to out in Rising Sun Indiana...what a beautiful day! Hog was tasty and the friends were all there..only thing missing for me was an ice cold beer dangit...only 6 more weeks though til I can again indulge!!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Riding this. Great weather. :p
Attachments
chop1.JPG
chop1.JPG (72.11 KiB) Viewed 3745 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sweet!
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Hey E, it's just like yours, except bigger, more powerful, much more customized, different mfg...........OK, maybe not! :))
Brrrrr!

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOL, One of the cylinders might be like my bike... LMAO

...and I did ride it today.
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

I guess I have to just live vicariously through you, I sold mine because we were always boating!
Attachments
2005-9-10 2002 Gold Wing_4.JPG
2005-9-10 2002 Gold Wing_4.JPG (61.32 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
Brrrrr!

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You could have rode it down to the boat.

If my wife would ride would me I would get a Buell Ulysses and a seasonal slip.
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Actually the plan with the Gold Wing was for my wife and I to take trips and ride together. She did it for a while but then she just wouldn't go anymore and I would end up spending my entire weekend out on the bike by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love riding, been doing it for about 30 years, but I wanted something we could do together. We decided to get into boating and she likes that a lot better and we spend more time together when I can drag her away from work! The Gold Wing sat in the garage collecting dust for a long time so I decided to sell it.

If you saw what my wife brings down to the condo just for a weekend you would know I could not ride the bike! :)) Besides, just stocking up on refreshments every week fills the car! :D
Brrrrr!

Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I had a Road King but the wife wouldn't ever ride it, so I traded around and ended up with the chopper. I think I have it sold, if so I may upgrade the boat. That seems to be what we enjoy the most.
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Lock5 wrote:I had a Road King but the wife wouldn't ever ride it, so I traded around and ended up with the chopper. I think I have it sold, if so I may upgrade the boat. That seems to be what we enjoy the most.
The two do tend to conflict with each other for the nice weather in the summer! Believe me, I miss the bike everytime I see one ride by, but when I am on the boat or at the Condo golfing or whatever, I don't think about it at all. You might as well put that cash into something you enjoy together.
It was one of my dreams to own a Gold Wing, ever since they first came out in the 70's and I realized that dream, put a LOT of miles on it and don't regrest getting or selling it for one minute.
Brrrrr!

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Kate didn't like riding either. I liked it a lot. It was much more fun when she would go, but unfortunatly she only did a few times. I sold it when we bought the house boat. I still miss it especially when gas hit $4.87. We now have a pontoon and we both like it. So we do have a lot of time by ourselves together, which I really like. I also miss the HB, we are now camping in a TENT! I really like it, Kate will tollerate it, but not all that gung ho about it. But we do have fun on the water.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Ok, I'm gonna try to explain this from a "woman's" point of view, not all of us are "built" so we can comfortably spread our um, hip joints to the point of breakage, :(( sit like that for hours and hop off with a smile and say dang, baby, can we do this again next weekend!? Or maybe some of you guys butts are just too big O:-) , seriously, you boys are sittin up there in front, enjoying the view in a most confortable position, what's to understand??
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

katie wrote:Ok, I'm gonna try to explain this from a "woman's" point of view, not all of us are "built" so we can comfortably spread our um, hip joints to the point of breakage, :(( sit like that for hours and hop off with a smile and say dang, baby, can we do this again next weekend!? Or maybe some of you guys butts are just too big O:-) , seriously, you boys are sittin up there in front, enjoying the view in a most confortable position, what's to understand??
Yeah and if they sit in back you know they're gonna want to....oh, never mind! Someone from Sunday school might be readin' this! :ymsmug: O:-)
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

katie wrote:Ok, I'm gonna try to explain this from a "woman's" point of view, not all of us are "built" so we can comfortably spread our um, hip joints to the point of breakage, :(( sit like that for hours and hop off with a smile and say dang, baby, can we do this again next weekend!? Or maybe some of you guys butts are just too big O:-) , seriously, you boys are sittin up there in front, enjoying the view in a most confortable position, what's to understand??
That was not a good excuse for my wife, she was actually so comfortable back there she fell asleep once! :-o After that I kept talking to her through the headset to make sure she was awake. It was either that or bungie cord her to the seat! :))
I think the point where we "jumped the shark" so to speak, was when we did a trip from Northern KY to Madison WI. The trip up was nice but the trip back was in over 100 Degree temps for about 6 hours through hundreds of miles of highway with nothing to look at but corn fields!
I think I kind of lost her there! :-?
Brrrrr!

KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Re3 =)) =)) =))
Brrrrr!

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:-o Sleep??? Dang, if I had done that you would have had to get the duct tape out, wouldn't trust no stinking bungees for that job! That is too funny tho, never heard of that.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

re3too wrote:
Yeah and if they sit in back you know they're gonna want to....oh, never mind! Someone from Sunday school might be readin' this! :ymsmug: O:-)

:)) Yeah, I know.... =))

Return to “General Talk”