Something has been eating at me a bit...

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Something has been eating at me a bit...

Post by E_ »

Anyway this in no way directed at the poor unsuspecting folks that accidentally cross over this little bit of www malice.

I am going to try to state this without breaking my rule about running another site down etc. but...

But since E_HILLMAN and Hillman are names that I use as Alias on the WWW and since I have my own website and use that name on the internet and in other business transactions as well as my main e-mail address for the past 10 years, I am really starting to be bothered that my name is "in a way" slandered at whenever someone tries to type it... At first I was letting is go as I hoped someone would come around about it and all would go back to the way it was like when we had BTN but then unexpected things happened. Now am I doomed to have my name listed this way forever somewhere else where many know that name?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona ... +character
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
sought public scrutiny in order to influence others on a matter of public controversy
http://www.attorneys-usa.com/intentiona ... ation.html
Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a fixed or medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Anyway I really don't feel this to be a fair statement about E_HILLMAN
From http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Idjit Idjit
Find Local & Nationwide Results on Idjit
http://www.justclickdeals.com
IDIOT, Persons. A person who has been without understanding from his nativity, and whom the law, therefore, presumes never likely to attain any. Shelf. on Lun. 2.
2. It is an imbecility or sterility of mind, and not a perversion of the understanding. Chit. Med. Jur. 345, 327, note s; 1 Russ. on Cr. 6; Bac. Ab. h.t. A; Bro. Ab. h.t.; Co. Litt. 246, 247; 3 Mod. 44; 1 Vern. 16; 4 Rep. 126; 1 Bl. Com. 302. When a man cannot count or number twenty, nor tell his father's or mother's name, nor how old he is, having been frequently told of it, it is a fair presumption that, he is devoid of understanding. F. N. B. 233. Vide 1 Dow, P. C. now series, 392; S. C. 3 Bligh, R. new series, 1. Persons born deaf, dumb, and blind, are, presumed to be idiots, for the senses being the only inlets of knowledge, and these, the most important of them, being closed, all ideas and associations belonging to them are totally excluded from their minds. Co. Litt. 42 Shelf. on Lun. 3. But this is a mere presumption, which, like most others, may be rebutted; and doubtless a person born deaf, dumb, and blind, who could be taught to read and write, would not be considered an idiot. A remarkable instance of such an one may be found in the person of Laura Bridgman, who has been taught how to converse and even to write. This young woman was, in the year 1848, at school at South Boston. Vide Locke on Human Understanding, B. 2 c. 11, Sec. 12, 13; Ayliffe's Pand. 234; 4 Com. Dig. 610; 8 Com. Dig. 644.
3. Idiots are incapable of committing crimes, or entering into contracts. They cannot of course make a will; but they may acquire property by descent.
Vide, generally, 1 Dow's Parl. Cas. new series, 392; 3 Bligh's R. 1; 19 Ves. 286, 352, 353; Stock on the Law of Non Compotes Mentis; Bouv. Inst. Index, h.t
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=idjit

From http://www.ehow.com/how_2063889_sue-def ... acter.html
Defamation of character can include slander (spoken derogatory statements), libel (written derogatory statements) or both. To constitute actionable defamation, the statements must be false and expose a person to hatred, ridicule or contempt. You also can sue if the defamation harms you in your occupation. Follow these steps to start a legal action.

And now I am going to put this out there for the record.

The owner of another site and I did not get in a argument. I did not get any warnings etc. All that happened was that a group of us used to play around on a forum provided by BTN "Boating Today TV" we used it much like we do this one just to contain all out idle chatter so we were not cluttering up another forum as this type of chatter was frowned on.

The BTN site went down and we were missing this type of communication so this site was created ONLY to contain our idle chatter and so we could communicate and share pics etc. We all still had every plan of using (AND PROMOTING) the other site. If you look at the first post on this site it will show that... Anyway nothing was done behind anyone’s back as every communication I sent out at the time a copy was sent to the main admin as well as a couple others of the other site. Even notification that only a few U2Us were being sent ONLY to people that were on the BTN site to let them know we finally had our little corner back.

Anyway way one day I logged into that other site to post and I could no longer post. I could only U2U. The next day I could not do anything but update my profile. Then a month later my profile was wiped clean and someone else added text to replace mine but to look like it was mine when it was not. Anyway at that point I was not able to log in at all. I never received a warning U2U, e-mail, phone call, or message via someone else.

I later found out the reason was given to one person that the only problem the person had with me was that I used the U2U feature on their site to send the link to this one. (refer to second above paragraph)

During all of this I remained (and still do other than this little rant) civil about it all. I still like many of the forum admins there and was hoping that eventually this could all be behind us and we could move on... Maybe things can still go that way and maybe not. I am just asking for there to be a little respect. As I FOR SURE have tried to give it when I was not getting it in return. LakeCumberlandBoaters was never a competitive site but more of a supplemental one…

Really to be honest I just want all of us to get along and I apologise to those of you that had to read this poorly written rant... I just felt I had to say something somewhere since I can't rebuttle statements on my character elsewhere.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pinnacle

Re: Something has been eating at me a bit...

Post by Pinnacle »

Censorship is such an ugly thing, but when someone changes your words and/or identity, it goes way beyond ugly................ :-?
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Pinnacle wrote:Censorship is such an ugly thing, but when someone changes your words and/or identity, it goes way beyond ugly................ :-?
Couldn't have said it any better.

Without warning and/or notification is ridiculous. :-o

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Thanks you all, I am sorry I was a Debbie Downer last night. I had ignored it for months but than last night i got to thinking how that might never be removed since a certain someone is gone and it started to sting a good bit more...
Pinnacle

Post by Pinnacle »

Apparently, the post on another site (along with my comment) that brought it all up again has been wiped (censured).
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

It also appears that if my E_HILLMAN is typed that it finally displays E_HILLMAN. For that I sincerely thank the admins and mods of the site. It really is sad since I still feel like we are family to some degree or another...
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Pinnacle wrote:Censorship is such an ugly thing, but when someone changes your words and/or identity, it goes way beyond ugly................ :-?

Agree with FTY, couldn't have said it better!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I also agree. I very seldom ever go there anymore. I don't like the idea of someone looking over your shoulder and wondering if something you say will pi$$ him off. It is just to bad. I still think that all sights should have a link to the others. I tried that with .com and it was great for a while, then the owner thought it was a competition, which is wasn't. The booted a well liked individual who joined BTN. Then many of his friends followed. It was nothing I did. So the rest is history. I like the forums. But I really just want to have fun. So this site is the best.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Pinnacle wrote:Apparently, the post on another site (along with my comment) that brought it all up again has been wiped (censured).
Sorry E., I just read this myself. I originally tried to answer the poor guy who kept posting your name and couldn't figure out what was going on with something else coming up. :-o
I tried to give him a diplomatic answer and shed some light too.
Hopefully I didn't offend anyone. I mentioned a "disagreement" rather than trying to get into all the details.
Like Pinnacle said it was deleted eventually.

Apparently, a lot of folks miss you there.....myself included. :ymhug:
BUT I do catch you here when I can. :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No problems with you or even the mods there, it was something they took off when they saw it. I miss the part of my lake family that is not here and is only there but hey what can ya do? lol

No worries man! ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I was hoping that with new folks running the show, that things would change just a little bit. It really is a good site, I just like to have more fun than info. I still have many good friends there. But I don't go there often.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

E_HILLMAN wrote:No problems with you or even the mods there, it was something they took off when they saw it. I miss the part of my lake family that is not here and is only there but hey what can ya do? lol

No worries man! ;)
Dang...what the heck did I miss! Someone care to fill me in. I've tried to read between the lines
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Holy crap, E! Why ya gotta make me say something nice about you? Sheesh!

I have always felt you handled what happened in a very subdued manner and with class. (Can you imagine iffin it had been rockinrod7? :ymdevil: ) I was shocked when I typed your name over there once and what came up. I too am glad that's gone but that whole thing made me lose some respect for that site. Rut roh! Do I have a target on my back now? :-o See, I told ya not to make me say somethin' nice about you! :p

Have you made a return request lately?
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Buzzy
Contributor

Post by Buzzy »

What about Dolphin? Why did he get the boot from there? Heard a while back that it was over the firing of a certain person that worked at State dock for a short time.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well, I would rather we did not go in to that too much. Dolphin, send Squak a message if ya feel like it. :ymcowboy:

Return to “General Talk”