Happy Thanksgiving

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by No Patience »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, may you all have a great day!! Now lets pray for spring to come early!! :ymhug:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by E_ »

Happy-Thanksgiving-Art-6.jpg
Happy-Thanksgiving-Art-6.jpg (45.12 KiB) Viewed 9901 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Putting this here so I can find it later if someone ever tries to tell me the Founding Fathers didn't want Religion or mention of God in Government.

Thanksgiving Proclamation

Issued by President George Washington, at the request of Congress, on October 3, 1789

By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and—Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favor, able interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other trangressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go. Washington
Sure doesn't sound like he didn't want to mention the LORD in Govt business does it? Our First president and one of the founding fathers.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Harbinger...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT 2015
Plus some other Happy Thanksgiving posts from years past (now when I look back at some of my old posts... wow I think I might have changed just a tad in recent years. Can't believe the one I posted in the link below :-o lol )
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6598
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6597
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5935 full o funnies
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4902
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1665
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT 2016
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Happy Thanksgiving!
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Back at you E.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Happy Thanksgiving! :-H
Attachments
FB_IMG_1542892995473.jpg
FB_IMG_1542892995473.jpg (42.67 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Ha! Cute!
Hope everyone had a good Holiday weekend.
Feels like winter has arrived. Yuck.
TheBee2
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by TheBee2 »

It was an amazing holiday! We rented property in Miami https://tranio.com/rent/usa/fl/miami/ with my big family and friends and it was the best holiday. Maybe next holiday will go to LA with same people
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Happy Thanksgiving!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Happy Thanksgiving!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Gravy Boat
Attachments
FB_IMG_1637846547925.jpg
FB_IMG_1637846547925.jpg (62.45 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Happy Thanksgiving!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

New Bitmap Image.png
New Bitmap Image.png (3.35 MiB) Viewed 2416 times
Happy Thanksgiving!

Return to “General Talk”