Fiat takes 35 % of Chrysler

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Fiat takes 35 % of Chrysler

Post by Dolphin »

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Fiat takes 35 % of Chrysler

Post by E_ »

Sounds like a good plan for both of them and still leaves the bigger percent with the private group.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

Yes, and those of us that are DODGE fans, and Durango fans, drove my 1998 to New Jersey for Christmas with 288,000 mile's and never missed a lick !!! Sweet Ride :D

And also I want a VIPER some day ! A yellow One with a black stripe !!!
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

It sounds more like an agreement in priciple to allow each other access to their respective markets, unfortunately neither market is doing very good! I think in the long term the sharing of technology and engineering. etc. will benefit Chrysler more than Fiat. I would expect to see a few Chrysler products on the market in the next 5 years that are actually branded Fiat products. Kind of like what Ford did with Mazda.

I have never really liked Fiat a lot, there were a lot of them in Canada in the 60's and 70's but they must be doing something right to have survived so long. I hope they both get some benefit.
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Uhhhhh am I missing something here????
From the article "There is no cash infusion being provided by Fiat into Chrysler as a part of this deal."

Chrysler is also wanting 3 Billion more bailout dollars ASAP.
Fiat will own 35% of Chrysler.
Isn't this a whole lot like loaning a foreign company (Italy) 1 Billion dollars?
Someone please tell me I'm wrong!

From the WSJ:
But the deal becomes binding only if Chrysler gets $3 billion more in financial help from Washington, said the people familiar with the terms of the agreement.
Rest of article here:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123245224622497573.html
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:( :-? X( and so it goes.... same'o same'o
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

This is not a good deal for the taxpayers. We give a total of $7bil. and they get a total of 55% of the company for $25mil. Where do I sign up for these deals. So in essence they are saying that Chrysler is worth $125 mil. to Fiat. I am not a rocket scientist, :-B but exchanging $7 bil for $25mil is not a good deal, unless you are F :-w :( :-o :-s =; iat! 8-} :-? #-o
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I say let Fiat buy it for $125 mil, and save the taxpayers a shitload of cash. :ymhug:

Return to “General Talk”