Good ones from RE3

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Good ones from RE3

Post by E_ »

Sometimes once RE3 wakes up in the afternoon she sends out a few emails before puttin her teef in and goin to shuffle board or bridge. Sometimes I figger I should share em.

Heres one to start it off
Paradoxical Quote of The Day From Ben Stein:

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens."

Think about it when you vote in November !
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: Good ones from RE3

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I love me some Ben Stein, he needs to appear on mainstream tv often. Cool post.
Happy camper and happy boater!!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:I love me some Ben Stein, he needs to appear on mainstream tv often. Cool post.

:ymapplause: DITTO!! He doesn't have a problem letting our youth know when they're being stupid, lol.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

securedownload.jpg
securedownload.jpg (28.07 KiB) Viewed 2819 times
E_
Site Admin

Re: Crap $pare e-mails.

Post by E_ »

Drafting Guys Over 60
This is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier... New Direction for any war: Send Service Vets over 60!

securedownload.jpg
securedownload.jpg (32.09 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing a$$-backwards.

Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry.' We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some a$$hole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for awhile..

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guys always get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however... I've been in combat and never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too... I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple million pissed off
old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons, who know that their best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50... in menopause!!! You think MEN have attitudes??

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol. They'll have it secured the first night!

Send this to all of your senior friends... it's in big type so they can read it. [/size][/color]
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FYI...that was from me! Don't you be confusin' me wif that ole he/she! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

re3too wrote:Don't you be confusin' me wif that ole he/she!
:)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Whoops, lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:FYI...that was from me! Don't you be confusin' me wif that ole he/she! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
Sorry, you two musta been seperated at birth.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

To Kill an American
You probably missed this in the rush of news, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper, an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

'An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish , Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian , or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion.. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous.. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan ...
The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11 , 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.
So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo , and Stalin , and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world.. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself . Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

James E Ruffing U. S. Army RetiredYou know you live in a Country run by idiots if....
You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but
not for being in the country illegally.
======================================================
You know you live in a Country run by idiots if...
Your government believes that the best way to eradicate
trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions
more of our money.
You know you live in a Country run by idiots if....
A seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for
calling his teacher "cute" but hosting a sexual
exploration or diversity class in grade school is
perfectly acceptable.
The Supreme Court of the United States can rule that lower
courts cannot display the 10 Commandments in their courtroom,
while sitting in front of a display of the 10 Commandments.
Children are forcibly removed from parents who appropriately
discipline them while children of "underprivileged" drug
addicts are left to rot in filth infested cesspools.
You know you live in Country run by idiots if....
Working class Americans pay for their own health care
(and the health care of everyone else) while unmarried
women are free to have child after child on the "State's"
dime while never being held responsible for their own choices.
Hard work and success are rewarded with higher taxes
and government intrusion, while slothful, lazy behavior
is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid and
subsidized housing, and free cell phones.
The government's plan for getting people back to work
is to provide 99 weeks of unemployment checks
(to not work).
Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the
government.
You know you live in a Country run by idiots if...
Politicians think that stripping away the amendments
to the constitution is really protecting the rights
of the people.
The rights of the Government come before the rights
of the individual.
Parents believe the State is responsible for providing
for their children.
You can write a post like this just by reading the
news headlines.
Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself
makes you "safe".
You have to have your parents signature to go on a
school field trip but not to get an abortion.
An 80 year old woman can be stripped searched by
the TSA but a Muslim woman in a burka is only
subject to having her neck and head searched.
Using the "N" word is considered "hate speech" but
writing and singing songs about raping women and
killing cops is considered "art".
======================================================Yep...the lunatics have taken over the asylum."IN GOD WE TRUST"

Return to “General Talk”