China a threat?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

China a threat?

Post by katie »

I know many of you don't give a rats butt about the manufacturing in China. However, if you are 40 at least or younger, you should absolutely read this article. Even if 50% of it is true, you and your kids will not be enjoying even the life you know today.

What I didn't know is that China already has auto plants in So. Korea, along with MANY chinese workers imported (sound like Japan in the USA?) and over 1 million workers imported into Africa! China is still a communist country and we flock to buy their goods like there is no tomorrow, even though they poison our baby food (formula), toys, pet food, drywall, etc. Now tell me, how did this crap make it into the U.S.A., where the FDA makes me do a report even on a customer receiving a qty error????? Good read......

:-ss :-ss

Beijing makes plans in very long increments. They, unlike our own election-cycle worshiping rulers, think through where they want their country to be 100 years from now.

This is why China is busy economically colonizing Africa—now home to an estimated one million Chinese workers—and is making fools of us in Afghanistan, where American military power is currently protecting huge Chinese investments in coal, copper, and other resources.

http://truthout.org/how-china-plans-lea ... 1306710052
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: China a threat?

Post by E_ »

You know I know it. :(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I wonder why so many are in denial or just don't give a chit? :-\
In 25 years there will be no jobs except driving the trucks that take the hamburgers to smack donald's for everyone. By then technology will be that the hamburgers will be served by robots.... heck, the cokes already are! lol

I know waayyy to many young people who are clueless... :(
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

I really don't think our polititians give a chit.
Ever since NAFTA was passed our economy has been going downhill, while China's is booming.
That is why I was glad that Donald Trump was speaking out about it, no one else is.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Well folks here is the real problem. We shop for price not quality. We brought this on ourselves. Second, the government will not tax the china products enough. We ship international and the other countries tax the crap out of the US, we let most items in at little or no tax. Now Obama has borrowed from China so much money that they control us. I could go on & on, but we are the true problem. We should all listen to E and buy American.

Return to “General Talk”