Hey Barb, be careful

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Hey Barb, be careful

Post by $parechange »

Subject: [Bridgeport] Warning - Golf Carts Stopped by Police

I received this from a friend here in the villages. Wallie

just an FYI

Subject: [Bridgeport] Warning - Golf Carts Stopped by Police

Yes this is true! One day last week they had 17 golf carts stopped all at once. They stopped 35 one day and 30 the next day. Sumter County claims they are doing it because of an increase in golf cart accidents from speeding, I think they are doing it because they found a new source of income. The Streetrod store has 12 people that got tickets and are having to adjust the speed down on these carts and fill out a certification that they do not exceed 20 mph.

They have also set up on Bailey Trail. They can issue these tickets if you are on any road that shares a golf cart right of way. This means watch out for them on Oak Forest, Southern Trace, Pharr Drive, Woodridge, Belvedere, the roads that go to Wal-Mart, and anywhere you are on a public road. They have NO jurisdiction on the separate paved cart paths however.

WATCH YOUR SPEED AND DO NOT DONATE TO THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT! 20 MPH IS THE MAX!!!!
(Someone was also told [by a police officer] on Azteca, the cut through [hole-in-the-wall], if you do not stop at each stop sign and are caught, the fine is $264. So please be very careful.)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Hey Barb, be careful

Post by re3too »

You lose, Jefferina! We don't have a golf cart. We drive, walk or ride our 2 WHEEL bikes. I told John iffin I ever start makin' noises about gettin a 3-wheeler, jist shoot me! (He's loaded and locked! :-o )
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

It's a good thing the speed limit at Woodson Bend is 25MPH since both of our carts are faster than 20MPH. Now if they stopped folks for drinking and driving in golf carts at WB that would be a different story. :D :D :D :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I bet she can remember when she bought them new.

=))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FUE! Shouldn't you be babysittin' instead of pickin' on sweet lil me? :D Or did mommy bail ya out, again? :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Just as I was about 5 minutes into a 2pm conference call mom came in the house. Then 15 minutes later Julie's dad and his girlfriend showed up... lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

FasterThanYou wrote:It's a good thing the speed limit at Woodson Bend is 25MPH since both of our carts are faster than 20MPH. Now if they stopped folks for drinking and driving in golf carts at WB that would be a different story. :D :D :D :D
I was going to ask you to help me speed mine up till I saw you broke yours in doing it. :))
DMS

Post by DMS »

Thats funny right there E, d@mn glad I didnt say it but funny...no offense 3 please
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Denmark- wrote:Thats funny right there E, d@mn glad I didnt say it but funny...no offense 3 please
No offense but please don't encourage the lad! :D :D
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

imaposer wrote:
FasterThanYou wrote:It's a good thing the speed limit at Woodson Bend is 25MPH since both of our carts are faster than 20MPH. Now if they stopped folks for drinking and driving in golf carts at WB that would be a different story. :D :D :D :D
I was going to ask you to help me speed mine up till I saw you broke yours in doing it. :))
Hell, your model is easy. The new club cars are the temperamental ones. They were trying to make it difficult on us. I really don't know if I'm ever going to replace that little bolt either. I kinda like not having a governor on it :D :D :D :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers

Return to “General Talk”