Abandoned Boats ? could happed to anyone

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Abandoned Boats ? could happed to anyone

Post by Dolphin »

Many have noticed neighbors packing up personal Items on the Docks of Every marina on the Cumberland the past season or Two ! Never to return

Now there have been times in the Past that this has been a very unfortunate ! Isolated case !

and there are some boaters that because of family illness or other issues have not been down ? Or down as Much this season ! As is Always the case , Crap happens !!!

But in increasing cases this summer, More and More are walking away from a Boat Mortgage that is More than the value of the Boat ! and a NO Sale situation also Kills the Mood !!!

This is becoming a sad reality for more and more !!!

We all need to be More sensitive and considerate as we come into contact with some who are, Unknown to Us ? dealing with this unfortunate situation

This could happen to Anyone !!! In this Political and Business environment !!!

Boats are being repossessed as fast as they can be picked up and re located in some states Like Ohio and Michigan where Much of the state is Lined by lakes and rivers.

People are having issues keeping the Home they Live in and tend to let the Boat ? or second Home ? second, third vehicle go 1st.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Abandoned Boats ? could happed to anyone

Post by re3too »

Is this happening much around LC? I know we have seen lots of "newer" boats for sale and have wondered why.
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

That might explain why I have found several good deals on cruisers yet none are able to take a trade even at a dealership and not a broker...
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

My parents spent two months camping at Conley Bottom, Dad was surprised that there had been so many used houseboats being pulled from the lake. He had only seen 1 new one being put in.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

E_HILLMAN wrote:That might explain why I have found several good deals on cruisers yet none are able to take a trade even at a dealership and not a broker...
Just wait, the Good Deals ??? will get better

Just be prepared to pay cash and do not consider a trade

This is why Interest rates on Homes are so VERY Low !!! right now

People think the Home they want to buy ??? Will get cheaper ! and they are waiting
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I've always wondered how people gauge "a good deal"....

I'm probably out of the norm, but if I'm shopping for something, I consider the item, it's price and is it "worth it" to me.... I don't really consider the average price for something unless I'm planning on a resale which is very rare. Now Jeffie on the other hand.... #-o

I guess I should add, it takes alot to get me to part with my hard-earned $$ anyway, unless of course it's Uncle Sam and I don't get that option anyway.... :|
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

katie wrote:I've always wondered how people gauge "a good deal"....

I'm probably out of the norm, but if I'm shopping for something, I consider the item, it's price and is it "worth it" to me.... I don't really consider the average price for something unless I'm planning on a resale which is very rare. Now Jeffie on the other hand.... #-o

111111I guess I should add, it takes alot to get me to part with my hard-earned $$ anyway, unless of course it's Uncle Sam and I don't get that option anyway.... :|
So we have ALL Heard !!! =))
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Thats a bunch of BULL! I search hard for a deal. Thats why I have a bunch of GOOD stuff! :D :ymtongue:
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Lock5 wrote:My parents spent two months camping at Conley Bottom, Dad was surprised that there had been so many used houseboats being pulled from the lake. He had only seen 1 new one being put in.
with the Low water level ! Conley is the best ramp to pull Houseboats, with room on the wide ramp to dis assemble also an advantage !

Return to “General Talk”