Upcoming game at the Chicken Hut

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Upcoming game at the Chicken Hut

Post by Pop-O »

Refs will likely turn this one into a whistle blowers contest. Foul called every 20 seconds. Hate to watch a game like that. The Texas game at Rupp was called that way.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Upcoming game at the Chicken Hut

Post by Lock5 »

I would say knowing 15 second Ricky's past, he will try a Helter Skelter style defense and if the refs don't somewhat keep it in check there will be some real bad blood brewing..........Looserville has already shown a lack of self control this season.
JLA

Post by JLA »

If your Blew boys don't want to play physical. they should just stay home. :D

I've been catching a nervous vibe from all my Blew friends. Could it be they are concerned because this is going to be the biggest challenge the Baby Blew Nation will face all season? :-s

However it turns out, win or lose, the two best teams in KY are going to have a battle royale at the Yum Center Saturday.

May the best team win, which of course I mean The University of Louisville Cardinals!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

(Let's not forget the Broncos Vs. Bengals on Monday night. No one gave the Bengals a chance to beat the Broncos, just sayin')
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I ain't nervous, I just hope our kids don't buy into "ugly ball"........

UK by 20+.........
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Refs have seen thugville in action. Hope there are no brawls.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Classy. Lol
Attachments
VID_20141227_215907383.mp4
(8.93 MiB) Downloaded 4165 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

Makes her Momma proud........
JLA

Post by JLA »

E_ wrote:Classy. Lol

I'm sure that would never happen at Rupp. :-o

We all know how classy they are towards the "little red chickens"
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Won't see that happen at Rupp Arena. WHY????? Tard fans can't get a seat in the CAT'S house. How did that sound in the chicken hut when all those BIG BLUE NATION fans were chanting "GO BIG BLUE" ??? Gotta bother the tards to have that many UK fans in their chicken hut. LMFAO. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
JLA

Post by JLA »

Pop-O wrote:Won't see that happen at Rupp Arena. WHY????? Tard fans can't get a seat in the CAT'S house. How did that sound in the chicken hut when all those BIG BLUE NATION fans were chanting "GO BIG BLUE" ??? Gotta bother the tards to have that many UK fans in their chicken hut. LMFAO. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
As a Louisville fan and Cousin of 2 with mental retardation, I would appreciate it if you would not refer to the Cardinals as "Tards". You can call them anything else you want, but that crosses the line. I would expect better from people on this forum. X(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

JLA wrote:
Pop-O wrote:Won't see that happen at Rupp Arena. WHY????? Tard fans can't get a seat in the CAT'S house. How did that sound in the chicken hut when all those BIG BLUE NATION fans were chanting "GO BIG BLUE" ??? Gotta bother the tards to have that many UK fans in their chicken hut. LMFAO. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
As a Louisville fan and Cousin of 2 with mental retardation, I would appreciate it if you would not refer to the Cardinals as "Tards". You can call them anything else you want, but that crosses the line. I would expect better from people on this forum. X(
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Walking down the street and making fun of a person with disabilities is one thing but I think it is too PC to get butthurt over the word tard.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_ wrote:Walking down the street and making fun of a person with disabilities is one thing but I think it is too PC to get butthurt over the word tard.
Disagree! I think it depends upon why you object to the word and JLA had a valid reason why the word is objectionable. JMHO...
JLA

Post by JLA »

E_ wrote:Walking down the street and making fun of a person with disabilities is one thing but I think it is too PC to get butthurt over the word tard.
So as long as you are saying it here it is okay? Then I guess we can all start using other offensive language on this site, because after all, words can never hurt me.

Feel free to delete my account, I won't be back to this site.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You are not the only person with a disability in the family. I am saying it is NOT ok to make fun of people with issues but to call a sports team the tards seems rather minor. It is not singling out a specific person or directly making fun of those with certain disabilities. I hate to see you go but I am also not going to fully lock down the site like other sites. The rules here are pretty clear, be nice to one another and don't launch any personal attacks. Don't engage in racism, etc.

For example if I saw Pop-O on the lake and said he looked as dark as a Indian I am not making fun of Indians I am just saying he appears that dark.
If Pop-O started a thread bashing "Special people" (which I am pretty much 100% sure he would never even start to think of doing) I would delete the thread immediately and send him a warning.

If we continue as a society to get our feelings hurt over any and all little indirect language then we will no longer be able to say our opinion or have any creativity of expression etc.
If he had called you a tard directly and you took issue with it and reported it, I would have edited his post asap. Same thing if he called you stupid and it bothered you. But to just call a sports team something to me is just a bit too sensitive.

What if Re3 calls me a dummy? Will someone ban the use of that as well even if it doesn't bother me? Though all of us are created "equal" none of us are actually equal and that is ok. And if someone singled out a person with any disability and I saw it I too would be up in arms about it. But certain generalizations are part of life and it is what it is. You yourself referred to yourself as feeble minded and that would trigger offense to some. Like comments that "You Can't fix stupid" might bother others. Heck you can't even speak of things that happened in history without someone being offended even though it is the truth. I once had a wise person tell me "You can't teach history that might offend someone. " Some don't like the mention of Hooters as they feel it objectifies women.... Or some get offended when people say something about muslims or lgbt, etc. What about the term Mental Health Day? Is that offensive?

I certainly don't want to see you leave the site but I also can't just lock everything down, even if I agree there are many things I let slide since if I didn't everyone would have some peeve etc and expect me to do something about it. I make no money off this site, I did it to allow people somewhere for a little a little more chit chat and more freedom on their expression. You are certainly welcome to start a thread to educate us on your feelings of the use of certain language and it may change the behavior of some here but if it doesn't that is just how things go...

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6228
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Never entered my feeble little mind that anyone would associate that word as making fun of anyone with a disability. I've called Nutter that plenty and he comes back with some insult to UK. :-\
UK kicked their a$$ in the hut and chanted go big blue and he got his feeling hurt.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I hear ya E, but....calling yourself feeble minded and referring to someone as a "tard" or a "retard" is a direct derogatory reference to a group of individuals who have no control over their mental capacity. IMHO, those are the types of nouns that need to disappear from general conversations. I spent my career working with this population and know how much those specific words hurt. You KNOW I am not a PC person but use of these types of words is not a PC issue but a matter of respect. Again, JMHO! :ymhug:
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

I don't think I know you. It is obvious you don't like me and guess what? I don't care. And I said "TARD" had nothing to do with mentally handicapped the way I use it. U don't believe me once again. I DON"T CARE.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

How bout this?? My wife is a Democrat and was insulted and bothered by JLA calling the President of our country a derogatory name. ;) She's gonna leave the site...........Uhhhh wait..........she don't come here........ :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Pop-O wrote:I don't think I know you. It is obvious you don't like me and guess what? I don't care.
WOW! You are amazing! You discerned all that from my post? #:-s You are correct...you do not know me at all! If you did, you would not have deduced that from what I posted. FYI...I do care. I stated my OPINION and you turned it into something personal. It ain't always about you! 8-|
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Well while we are discerning, how did you deduce that I was making fun of anyone other than the CARDS?????????????
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

You here it all the time. "Taken out of context" People read something and assign what they think to what some one else said. WELL BOTH OF YOU ARE WRONG. I've said it 3 times now. That is NOT what I meant, it rhymes with Cards. Last time I'm saying this.
And what does all about me supposed to mean?
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

E_ wrote:You are not the only person with a disability in the family. I am saying it is NOT ok to make fun of people with issues but to call a sports team the tards seems rather minor. It is not singling out a specific person or directly making fun of those with certain disabilities. I hate to see you go but I am also not going to fully lock down the site like other sites. The rules here are pretty clear, be nice to one another and don't launch any personal attacks. Don't engage in racism, etc.

For example if I saw Pop-O on the lake and said he looked as dark as a Indian I am not making fun of Indians I am just saying he appears that dark.
If Pop-O started a thread bashing "Special people" (which I am pretty much 100% sure he would never even start to think of doing) I would delete the thread immediately and send him a warning.

If we continue as a society to get our feelings hurt over any and all little indirect language then we will no longer be able to say our opinion or have any creativity of expression etc.
If he had called you a tard directly and you took issue with it and reported it, I would have edited his post asap. Same thing if he called you stupid and it bothered you. But to just call a sports team something to me is just a bit too sensitive.

What if Re3 calls me a dummy? Will someone ban the use of that as well even if it doesn't bother me? Though all of us are created "equal" none of us are actually equal and that is ok. And if someone singled out a person with any disability and I saw it I too would be up in arms about it. But certain generalizations are part of life and it is what it is. You yourself referred to yourself as feeble minded and that would trigger offense to some. Like comments that "You Can't fix stupid" might bother others. Heck you can't even speak of things that happened in history without someone being offended even though it is the truth. I once had a wise person tell me "You can't teach history that might offend someone. " Some don't like the mention of Hooters as they feel it objectifies women.... Or some get offended when people say something about muslims or lgbt, etc. What about the term Mental Health Day? Is that offensive?

I certainly don't want to see you leave the site but I also can't just lock everything down, even if I agree there are many things I let slide since if I didn't everyone would have some peeve etc and expect me to do something about it. I make no money off this site, I did it to allow people somewhere for a little a little more chit chat and more freedom on their expression. You are certainly welcome to start a thread to educate us on your feelings of the use of certain language and it may change the behavior of some here but if it doesn't that is just how things go...

Well put, owner of the Washington REDskins is dealing with this stupid $hit like this today
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

E_ wrote:You are not the only person with a disability in the family. I am saying it is NOT ok to make fun of people with issues but to call a sports team the tards seems rather minor. It is not singling out a specific person or directly making fun of those with certain disabilities. I hate to see you go but I am also not going to fully lock down the site like other sites. The rules here are pretty clear, be nice to one another and don't launch any personal attacks. Don't engage in racism, etc.

Very good post E, I totally agree.
My sister in law has Down Syndrome and I did not think that Pop O's post was talking about her.
We are so easily offended anymore, its totally crazy. What happened to letting things roll off your
back, give your opinion, and walk away from somebody that says something that may offend you.
We are supposed to be a free society that can say whatever you want. Agree to disagree. Too much walking on egg shells for me anymore.

JLA I am sorry you will not be a part of this forum anymore, I have really enjoyed your posts.

E, I appreciate that you allow the forum to be more open than most. And most of the time everyone
Agrees to Disagree.
Last edited by Sunset Lady on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks, and I hope JLA forgives us for any offenses and continues to join in. I too would truly miss JLA's presence.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

JLA wrote:
Seems to me that JLA expressed his opinion and was ready to move on until E posted and basically said he was wrong for expressing HIS opinion, was being too PC, etc. When he then said he wanted out, others basically continued to tell him why HIS OPINION was wrong. Can't have it both ways, folks. :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I didn't state the opinion was wrong I mearly stated I didn't feel for here we needed to be that pc, In my next post i further explained why and I just told him I wasn't going to edit or condemn it and that I didn't take pop-o s comment to be that bad. I also stated I didn't want to see jla go. Your personal opinion and feelings may be clouding things by pressing this further when there is no need . I stated the forum stance others stated their opinion. We all have one, frankly I think I've done enough in life and continue to contribute to show my feelings for those that have mental and physical disorders. If I say tard or dumbass or whatever it only means that I feel that particular person is a goober or a dork or whatever. It is not meant any further to any other person or group. I will not discuss it further. Everyone including JLA has posted that we are too PC but that.only counts when we don't say something about that particular persons hang up doesn't it. The rules of the forum are plain and clear. No rule was broken. That's enough for me. I don't get paid for this site nor for maintaining it. And MOST are here because they didn't agree with some form of expression oppression somewhere else. We can either let it go or move on or both.

Furthermore the other lc site has the full word several times and no one cried foul.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

Did I read something about Hooters??????. Where's Switzerland? :ymhug:
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

I didn't say that JLA's opinion was wrong. I only expressed my opinion
about how PC the world has become.
In my post I also stated regret that JLA has decided to move on.
Last edited by Sunset Lady on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Okay....moving on.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

re3too wrote:Okay....moving on.

I'm sure it was edited, after your first read. =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Great game Georgia Bulldogs. Enjoyed it all but especially when they didn't let the "University of Louisville Cardinals" score in the last seconds. :D :D
Attachments
Belk Bowl.jpg
Belk Bowl.jpg (111.96 KiB) Viewed 8069 times

Return to “Sports”