Rams "Hands Up" Disgraceful

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

JLA

Rams "Hands Up" Disgraceful

Post by JLA »

I just can't believe the Ferguson crap keeps going on and on. So now the St. Louis Rams had five or so players come out during intros with their "hands up" "in support of Ferguson" at yesterday's game in St. Louis. What a bunch of two faced blank-a-d-blanks . This is the same organization that requested additional protection from the police for Sunday's game from the protestors. Support Ferguson, just not at my house!

What a slap in the face for the Ferguson Police Department and all law enforcement across the nation. Why weren't they wearing the "Don't attack police officers, don't get shot" shirts? If you are going to support Ferguson, support the one's that keep you safe, not the one's that cause the trouble. Role models like these idiots need to stay out of politics when representing their team. They are telling kids that it is ok to do drugs, rob local businesses, attack police officers that are doing their jobs, and when they ignore the police and are hurt or killed, it is the cops fault. X( X( X(

It is getting to the point that I don't want to watch, read, or hear about any news anywhere. When will the insanity stop? :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/rams-rai ... slideshow/
Last edited by JLA on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Nebrios

Re: Rams "Hands Up" Disgraceful

Post by Nebrios »

I believe the big picture is not ferguson,it is the corruption and brutality that is going on nation wide. Ferguson just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back..cleveland,beaver creek,and salt lake city will have similar turnouts..im not gonna bash law enforcement...there are bad apples in all buisinesses. We can argue everyday about who started what...but all in all too many kids and adults are being killed..enough is enough.Yea,maybe the rams are doing this cause its a black and white issue..do your homework and look at the white hood influence of the local police...take a look at DW's history as a cop...its easy to see why people down there are doing what they are..they are sick and tired of being treated like $h!t. They are standing up for themselves.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Nebrios do you not agree that the officer might have been defending himself are you saying in this case the grand jury was wrong ? I respectfully disagree
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Post by JLA »

My point is the Rams requested more police protection, and the five players disrespected those same police officers asked to protect their sorry a$$es.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

E,we are at the classic castle defense situation...a dead man cant speak. With that said based on dw's story it was self defense although the kid appeared to have been shot while running away.

As for the jury...lets start with the prosecutor having his press conference and discrediting witnesses befor it started...hows that happen.so yes, i believe it was botched. Even the NBA had a problem with the case.
http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/11/26/f ... ury-meanes
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Jla i see you point...its pathetic that they are probably using this for more fame than anything...in hind sight it is added publicity to the big picture..
JLA

Post by JLA »

The latest, an apology, or not.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 01777.html
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Bottom line the kid was a thug and robbing a store. The protesters are evern worse any excuse to destroy and riot. No problem with a peaceful protest but this is crazy and being fanned by sharpton and the excuse we call the leader of our country, leading it down the tubes.
JLA

Post by JLA »

The latest trend with some of the overpaid professional ball players is to wear "I can't breathe" on various items of clothing. It is being done by football as well as basketball players. X( X(

http://news.yahoo.com/nfl-players-sport ... --spt.html
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Maybe we should stop paying taxes and stop watching professional ball. We would "shut it down" on several checks real quick.. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

JLA

Post by JLA »

You can't fix stupid. :-s
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_ wrote:Maybe we should stop paying taxes and stop watching professional ball. We would "shut it down" on several checks real quick.. lol

E, I would love nothing more to rebel against those teams who pulled the stunts, but can you imagine how many jobs would be lost if everyone protested the NFL or NBA? I'm just thinking of how many jobs would be lost just for those who make the buns & hotdogs... start stringing it all together and it would be devastating.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm sure it wouldn't have to last long.

Return to “Sports”