Volvo Ocean Race

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Volvo Ocean Race

Post by RELAX »

Anyone keeping up with the around the world crewed race? Formerly the Whitbread Race. They are currently on the fifth and longest, leg of the race and most of the boats are just around Cape horn, well known for some of the worst sea conditions on the planet. They have survived the vastness of the southern ocean and now in the Atlantic heading for Rio.

Wish I could be one of the crew, but looks like I will just have to go to Cave Springs this weekend and drown my daydreams in scotch! :))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Volvo Ocean Race

Post by E_ »

I didn't even know it was happening but it sounds cool. What is it on or is it only on the net or HAM radio? lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

I agree, sounds cool, is there a Web Site?
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

Just google Volvo Ocean Race. They have a great website where you can e-mail the boats! For those with a fast modem streaming broadcasts and also have T.V. coverage on digital channel # 14.6 @ 11:00 pm EDT. I don't have cable or satellite service just good ole over the air reception thanks to Mr. Hillman! :D
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Better with you than in the barn
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LMAO, that almost sounded kinda bad... LMAO #:-s
RELAX
Better Member

Post by RELAX »

Oh well I have pictures to prove no harm no foul :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Good.. whew

Whats the race status?
RELAX
Better Member

Post by RELAX »

Well as of today the lead boat "erricson 3 has made an amazing 449 miles in 24 hours. Guys that is a blistering pase for any boat in the open ocean much less a sail boat! :)) Check out the web site @ VolvoOceanRace.org I think it is wat cool stuff!

Return to “Sports”