Red Chickens going for 3rd title

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Red Chickens going for 3rd title

Post by Pop-O »

Birds are probably the favorite this year. I remember when UK was going for their 3rd NCAA championship. I was listening to the radio with my grandfather. Nope didn't watch on TV, didn't have one! It was 1951 and I was 10 years old. =)) =)) =))
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Red Chickens going for 3rd title

Post by E_ »

ROFL!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Right now they are still tied with San Francisco at 2 titles....... =))
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Why be such haters??? Life is too short..... Get a life
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

LC addict wrote:Why be such haters??? Life is too short..... Get a life
Let me assure you that I have had a great life up to this point and plan on having a great life continue. No need for you to worry for me.

I will once again tell this story. I was a supporter of Louisville when they won their first NCAA. Even watched the celebration show on TV. That's when the problem arose. Daryl Griffith made every kind of dig he could come up with bad mouthing anything UK on that broadcast. Most of the rest of the team thought that was just great. Then for several years afterwards on the lake, we took plenty of abuse and the one finger salute from Louisville fans. And way back then there were quite a lot. We had a blue and white Kings Craft flying UK flags. To this day I will not support UL and NEVER will.

Maybe you need to get all the facts before telling me to GET A LIFE.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Ok, everyone keep calm and carry on
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

This is really not worth my time, to spend time voicing such hatred toward a group of people isn't my idea of enjoying life and i refuse to participate. So go ahead and bash UL fans till your hearts desire, which you and the majority of UK fans I have encountered have been doing for years. I will be spending my time enjoying life's pleasures, my family, being kind to people, enjoying friends and for me part of that includes cheering my team on in the tournament. Go Cards!
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Fine with me. Don't be telling me I don't have a life. X( Go any team but yours.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

LC addict wrote:This is really not worth my time, to spend time voicing such hatred toward a group of people isn't my idea of enjoying life and i refuse to participate. So go ahead and bash UL fans till your hearts desire, which you and the majority of UK fans I have encountered have been doing for years. I will be spending my time enjoying life's pleasures, my family, being kind to people, enjoying friends and for me part of that includes cheering my team on in the tournament. Go Cards!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And in the big picture of life, these games are a mere pittance!
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

re3too wrote:
LC addict wrote:This is really not worth my time, to spend time voicing such hatred toward a group of people isn't my idea of enjoying life and i refuse to participate. So go ahead and bash UL fans till your hearts desire, which you and the majority of UK fans I have encountered have been doing for years. I will be spending my time enjoying life's pleasures, my family, being kind to people, enjoying friends and for me part of that includes cheering my team on in the tournament. Go Cards!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And in the big picture of life, these games are a mere pittance!
Oh how right you are. People throw that saying "get a life" around really easy. If they only knew what I have been thru to get to where I have the life i have now, they would save those words for some one else!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Okaaaaaay everyone,we are all lovers of the lake. Just let it be and be happy
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Okaaaaaay everyone,we are all lovers of the lake. Just let it be and be happy
Whatever, happymeister! :D ;;) :p :-*
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

We just have different priorities, I am a UL fan and as much as I enjoy the game its not one of my top priorities in life. But yes, you obviously have a life and UK is obviously a big part of it, but as I said our priorities are different. So if that comment about getting a life upset you, for that I will apologize, you like everyone else are free to live your life any way you please, and if you are happy then I am happy for you.

As for me I have found my recipe for happiness is to focus on positive. I choose to be kind to people and respect others opinions, and treat others the way I'd like to be treated. I am finished commenting here, much more important things to do and refuse to waste my energy on hatred.

Looking forward to Sweet 16, Go Cards!!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:ymhug: B-) :ymhug:
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

WTF? E
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Huh, musta been a forum blip. :^o I've been trying to break this up all day. I let them two say their piece. This is not LC.com this is not a democracy. I just want to keep the peace here and the only way to do that sometimes is to make a quick clip. There are even warnings all over this site that post can be edited or deleted at any time.

This section in particular.
Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.
LC is a mod, she was trying to make nice, but if she wasn't normally I would still take her side. lol In this case I didn't have to they both were able to come to center on the issue. :ymhug: I thought it was funny Pop assumed she directed it towards him. I thought maybe she was talking to me and Lock as we were the last ones to comment. :-o :-? :ymblushing:

Lets all get back to having fun and missing the lake. Maybe you can run down to the lake, drink a beer before it freezes and take some pictures of it to taunt us with. :) Face it, we are all here cause we love the lake. We are or at least SHOULD all be lake friends. Lets just be friendly and not volley any more hits at each other unless they are directed towards RE3. You should vist more, lol maybe I wouldn't have deleted that post if it was one odd one among many good ones. :p Anymore discussion should go offline as out in the open it will be deleted.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

HEY! :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I'm as big of a sports(UK) fan as anyone, believe me I cut up with the best of them and I never intend for anything to be personal. if it's taken that way then check yourself, not me.

LC knows I love her, I even swam across Jacks Branch last fall Poker Run just to visit with her.

Seems like this sports jabbing comes across a little brash from some weather it's meant to be or not.

Now back to hoping Louisville looses this weekend............... :ymhug:
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

LC addict wrote:I am a UL fan and as much as I enjoy the game its not one of my top priorities in life.
I'm a huge UK fan but feel the same way. Too many more important things in life than to get myself worked up into a tizzy over a ball game or a certain team. Every sports fan has their own favorite teams/coaches/players. But in the big picture it's all just entertainment...or at least should be, and as such ranks pretty low on my list of life's priorities. Certainly nothing to get personal with anyone about. I think people need to keep things in the proper perspective. And UL being an in state team, I wish them well since UK is done for the season. I'd rather keep the national title in Kentucky than someplace else.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote:

LC knows I love her, I even swam across Jacks Branch last fall Poker Run just to visit with her.
:-? Hmmmmm.....was that :x or #-o ?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Congratulations CARDINALS!!!!!!!

Good game Michigan!!!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

hard to lose when it's 8 against 5
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Ok I try not to say to much on here, but remember the fun about college Basketball is the banter between the fans of different schools. Don't take it to seriously. I am an IU fan will never rout for UK, unless they are playing Duke. Most of my best friends are UK fans and we have a blask going back and fourth, and we say things that are not to nice. We know it is just a game and when the season is over the important time begins. LAKE TIME!!!
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:hard to lose when it's 8 against 5
Hmm, is that right? Well in fairness, next year will be hard for you to lose when your paying "8" players. Hope you guys get your money's worth, at least more so then this year. :D

DJ

Return to “Sports”