Good Letter for Kentuckians to read before the game today

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/31/2133 ... ditor.html
Letters To The Editor
12:00am on Mar 31, 2012; Modified: 5:37am on Mar 31, 2012
2012-03-31T09:37:38Z
Final Four battle just a game, even in Kentucky
I grew up in Louisville. My father is a University of Kentucky graduate; my mother grew up just a few miles from Commonwealth Stadium. My childhood ambition was to be a UK cheerleader, but it's hard to root for Louisville to fail because I feel some sense of pride toward my hometown.
This game could be a shining moment for the state, but I'm concerned about the potential division and chaos it could cause. When the rivalry gets as heated as this, I fear that when the spotlight of the country is on our state, we will not display actions worthy of pride.
We've already seen the fight at a dialysis clinic. I fear that after an evening of drinking, the good-natured heckling can turn sour when at long last the game produces a loser. Just about every Kentucky fan I have spoken with has said losing to Baylor would have been hard, but losing to Louisville would be absolutely devastating. I'm sure Louisville fans would have similar opinions of losing to Kentucky. The last thing we need is an event that will overshadow the senseless brutality displayed at the Cincinnati-Xavier matchup earlier this season.
I just hope that we can come together and realize this is, after all, just a game. The biggest game of the season, year, decade and possibly even the history of the NCAA tournament, but it's still just a game.
That said, go Cats!

Collen Comer
Lexington

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/31/2133 ... rylink=cpy
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Sunset Lady

Re: Good Letter for Kentuckians to read before the game toda

Post by Sunset Lady »

I agree.

Return to “Sports”