When internet posts go wrong -Bengals Cheerleader

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

When internet posts go wrong -Bengals Cheerleader

Post by E_ »

When internet posts go wrong (and why I sometimes get uptight about certain posts at times.)
http://www.lex18.com/news/bengals-cheer ... r-posting/
Bengals Cheerleader Gets Day In Court Over Posting
Posted: Jan 11, 2012 10:36 AM
LOUISVILLE (AP) - Sarah Jones seemed to have it all - a job as a high school teacher in northern Kentucky and Sundays spent as a Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader. Then, a posting on a website nearly caused it all to fall apart.

Now Jones, who taught at Dixie Heights High School in Edgewood until resigning in November, will get her day in court with the owner of the website, Hooman Karamian, who goes by the name Nik Richie, over posting her picture and lurid allegations about her sex life.

U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman set a June 4 trial date in Covington for Jones' defamation and invasion of privacy suit against Richie and the website.

Richie has denied any wrongdoing.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Topics: Sarah Jones, Bengals cheerleader
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Jaybird
Better Member

Re: When internet posts go wrong -Bengals Cheerleader

Post by Jaybird »

The guy's real name is still not punishment enough. :)) She is asking for a bunch of money but damage repair to
reputation will be difficult. Here is more.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news ... 6299736214
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yep, this is one of few cases where defamation can be used. Most forget you need to be able to show you were affected monitarity.

...and for those Bengal fans... Maybe this will make you feel better after that L the other day.

Never had a chance with Dallas... lol
MattThorn
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by MattThorn »

Wait, she was a high school teacher? I totally went to the wrong school......
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

^^^^ d@mn where was she when I was in High school. Insert smiley drooling
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

do you think if I bail her out she will come home with me :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Maybe if you tell her you are a big TV star. :P
Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

big, yes! (6'5" 240lbs) Star, no way!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

quote:

The 27-year-old Jones pleaded guilty this month to criminal charges after admitting she had sex with a high school student she taught.

Yup, where was she when I was in high school. :x
JLA

Post by JLA »

Can you say "Double Standard"? If things were reversed, male teacher does female student, he goes away for a long time. This is a local girl and in case you missed it, the happy couple are now "engaged", but then again she was married when the affair started so let's see who her "flovor of the month" will be next. Adults need not apply.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Very good point.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Sure didn't have teachers like that in my high school. Does she have a FaceBook page?
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:Sure didn't have teachers like that in my high school. Does she have a FaceBook page?

I'm sure she does, and so does your wife............... =)) L-) =))
E_
Site Admin

Ex-Bengals Cheerleader Testifies In Libel Case

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/ex-bengals-ch ... ibel-case/
Ex-Bengals Cheerleader Testifies In Libel Case
Posted: Jul 9, 2013 1:34 PM

COVINGTON, Ky. (AP) - A former Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader says posts on a gossip website she is suing for defamation were so devastating that she considered suicide and doesn't want others hurt.

Sarah Jones told jurors in her lawsuit retrial in Covington, Ky., that the posts were false and malicious. Jones says website operator Nik Richie gained financially from her downfall.

Jones is suing for damages over posts made in 2009 to the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based website, thedirty.com. The posts alleged she had sex with every Bengals player and probably had sexually transmitted diseases.

An earlier trial resulted in a hung jury.

Richie testified he had no malice toward Jones and isn't required to fact-check posts.

The posts weren't related her to the former high school teacher's 2012 guilty plea to charges she had sex with an underage ex-student.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/former-bengal ... rded-338k/
Former Bengals Cheerleader Wins Libel Suit, Is Awarded $338K
Posted: Jul 11, 2013 2:14 PM

Jurors have reached a verdict in the defamation trial of a gossip website that published comments about a former Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader.

The jury found in favor of Sarah Jones, who sued thedirty.com website over posts published in 2009 and awarded her $338,000.

The jury had been deliberating since Wednesday afternoon in federal court in Covington.

Jones is seeking damages from the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based website and its operator. The anonymous posts alleged she had sex with every Bengals player and probably had two sexually transmitted diseases. She says both were false and accuses the website operator of malice. He has denied malice.

Attorneys on both sides have said the jury's decision could have wide-ranging impacts on the Internet.

The posts weren't related to the former high school teacher's 2012 guilty plea to having sex with an underage former student.

The first trial ended with a hung jury.

JLA

Post by JLA »

Her lawyer, Eric Deters, was pulled over by the Independence Police Department last weekend for doing 53 in a 35. He taped (audio) the entire stop and spent the entire time putting down the police and telling them that there is real crime out there that they should be dealing with, and ranted and raved the entire time. By the end of the stop he engages in a shouting match with the officer who tried to explain to him he was getting a warning. Mr. Deters demanded his ticket, which he received. He is such a piece of work. The officer should be given a metal for having to deal with Deters.

He probably has the audio posted on his Facebook page. I heard it on Facebook through a friend of mine. Unbelievable.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

POS

Return to “Sports”