High school coach charged ! What crap ?

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

High school coach charged ! What crap ?

Post by Dolphin »

JLA

Re: High school coach charged ! What crap ?

Post by JLA »

I have been reading about this since it happened and I don't think we have been given enough information to make an educated decision. Too many unanswered questions. Did the kid follow the directives of the coaches to keep drinking fluids? Did the coaches give that directive? Where there any other kids in distress? Was anyone aware of the actual heat index, or was it just hot? How do you know if the kids are actually drinking the proper amount? Are they being pushed too hard? Are they being told to 'suck it up and be a man'? Until all the questions have been answered, I don't think you can put a blame on any one person. It may just be a sad case of an accidental death. IMO
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I am a PRP alum and still live in the PRP area, with that said I only have heard rumors...and the rumors run rampant in our neighborhood.......from the coach denying water breaks to delay in calling ER staff by the coaching staff. I don't know who is right/wrong...all accusations.... but I do hope they wont make an example out of this coach without substantial evidence to prove a conviction is warranted. Unfortunetly our system of "jury duty" doesn't require that a person be knowledgable in the area of issues involved in the trail (in this case A&P).. only that a "live body" show up to earn the 7.00 per day .. ..
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Moby
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: State Dock

Post by Moby »

Its high school sports not life and death...

I don't hold an opinion either way as to the innocence or guilt of the coach or staff. I do, however, believe strongly that these kids are pushed too hard. The key word in the preceding sentence being kids. I know of practices were the player would puke from running in the heat and the coaching staff would get in the kids face and say keep running, you will pass out before you die. Their kids, let them be kids…

I see parents losing control @ middle school sporting events, yelling at the ref, getting mad @ the coach. What is wrong with these people. X( The purpose of sports in schools is to teach our children to be competitive and good sports, to understand the concept of practice makes perfect and you get what you work for. Along the way, we seem to have lost sight that winning is not everything, education is. As a general rule, if parents put as much stock in education, as they seem to put into sports, society would be much better off IMHO. We don’t need to have our young children immersed in a sport year around. It is OK to let them be children… That said, feel free to flame away, I have my Kevlar jockey shorts on. :-B
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Well spoken Moby, I agree. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Return to “Sports”