Kiffin Introduced As Coach Of Vols

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

DMS

Kiffin Introduced As Coach Of Vols

Post by DMS »

Knoxville, TN -- (Sports Network) - The University of Tennessee made it official Monday and formally introduced Lane Kiffin as the 21st head football coach in school history.

"I met with all of our players last night and they are definitely excited in the direction we are going," said Kiffin. "I felt really good about Tennessee from the start and I am thrilled to be here. We will do things right, but give us time and be patient."

Kiffin, fired as head coach of the NFL's Oakland Raiders earlier this year, is replacing longtime Vols head coach Phillip Fulmer, who announced earlier this month he would not return for an 18th season with his alma mater.

"I'm not trying to be him," said Kiffin about Fulmer. "The Tennessee program would not be where it is without him and he has been a great influence on this school."

The 33-year-old Kiffin was let go by the Raiders on October 1 after Oakland got off to a 1-3 start this year. He had a 5-15 record in a season and a half with the Silver and Black, leaving in a bitter war of words with Raiders owner Al Davis. However, Kiffin did thank Davis at the press conference for giving him his first head coaching job.

Prior to taking over the Raiders, Kiffin was an assistant on Pete Carroll's staff at the University of Southern California, eventually being elevated to offensive coordinator for the 2005 and 2006 seasons. He also assumed the role of recruiting coordinator for those seasons.

http://www.wsmv.com/cfoot605/18180444/detail.html
DMS

Re: Kiffin Introduced As Coach Of Vols

Post by DMS »

but his woman is a whoot-wooo
crwky

Post by crwky »

Don't know much about him but from the looks of that I'm a fan now.
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

That's a beautiful Husky in the picture..........really, there is a Husky in the picture......and two kids! :-o
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
crwky

Post by crwky »

Kids should fit right in, it don't look like thay have any shoes =)) =)) =)) :D :D :)) :))
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Those legs run right up and make an a$$ out of themselves. @-) @-) @-)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

crwky wrote:Kids should fit right in, it don't look like thay have any shoes =)) =)) =)) :D :D :)) :))

=)) =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

KYCanuck wrote:That's a beautiful Husky in the picture..........really, there is a Husky in the picture......and two kids! :-o

LMAO, is it bad the Husky was one of the first things I noticed as well? :-\
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
KYCanuck wrote:That's a beautiful Husky in the picture..........really, there is a Husky in the picture......and two kids! :-o

LMAO, is it bad the Husky was one of the first things I noticed as well? :-\
I didn't say it was the first thing I noticed! There is just something wrong with you! =)) =))
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!

Return to “Sports”