Bristol Raceway

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Bristol Raceway

Post by Pac22 »

Ok so I'm going to my first Nascar race this weekend at Bristol. Bernie, Chillin, and myself are jumping in an RV and heading down tonight for Sunday's race. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that it's been great knowing and talking with all of you on this forum as the chances of my safe return are slim. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Last edited by Pac22 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Bristol Raceway

Post by E_ »

lol, Have fun and be safe dude!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

I hope they took ear plugs... =)) =)) =)) It is twice as loud now, compared to 15 yrs. ago...
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Plan the cruise while you are driving! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Did ___ make it back? Have you sobered up yet? :))
DMS

Post by DMS »

Shooter711 went a couple of years ago. He showed me pictures of him going to get a beer...still going to get a beer...and still going to get a beer. That Rusty section is built in a holler. Hope you all had a good time. PICS?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Lock5 wrote:Did ___ make it back? Have you sobered up yet? :))

Safe and sound. Just a few yrs older. =))

Had a blast but it's not something I'd do often. Way too expensive to watch a bunch of cars go fast and turn left. But there sure are a lot of folks who love that chit.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

I agree. It was fun but have to say I much prefer to spend my money on boating. Especially that amount. there are pics and video somewhere just not sure if it's been edited or not yet. :D
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I went down there for 14 years in row, I still have season tickets that I sell every year now. The last year we went down there 2005, It cost me $1,200 for the weekend. That was camping, gas, tickets, food, drinks everything. I said then I was done, and I have kept to my word. I'll probley let my tickets go this fall when I get the bill.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

That sounds about right. fun but expensive.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Lock5 wrote:I went down there for 14 years in row, I still have season tickets that I sell every year now. The last year we went down there 2005, It cost me $1,200 for the weekend. That was camping, gas, tickets, food, drinks everything. I said then I was done, and I have kept to my word. I'll probley let my tickets go this fall when I get the bill.
Gave mine up years ago too. Took the wife last time, probably around that same time. The drunk a$$holes were so outright nasty to her in front of me I was fit to be tied. The last straw was when the big drunk a$$holes just shoved their way to the front of the line and got on the shuttle busses and the sherriff just shrugged his shoulders and when asked what he was going to do he replied that they were drunk and that was it. I told him that I was drunk but was not acting like an a$$hole and suggested that he should go on home if he was not going to do anything as he was just a drain on the county's budget. I thought he was going to arrest me. I have not been back since. I did notice the stands were only about 2/3 full. That used to never happen. NASCAR is such a joke and I can hardly even watch it on TV. I DVR it and am done in about an hour or less. They may run themselves out of business if they don't fix it.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

That's funny I've DVR'd every race this year and watched them on Monday afternoon in about an hour. I'm pretty happy to have Sunday back, hell I might even stop loading the boat at noon on Sundays.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Lock5 wrote:That's funny I've DVR'd every race this year and watched them on Monday afternoon in about an hour. I'm pretty happy to have Sunday back, hell I might even stop loading the boat at noon on Sundays.
Yep, I would never load the boat early on a Sunday for a race. I really follow drag racing close, but DVR it as well and watch the Formula One series as well as WRC (World Rally Car). All are DVR'ed and watched at my convenience! I will try to knock them out Sunday night. I've got to DVR Glenn Beck and Red Eye the rest of the week.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Gotta love DVR!

Maybe everyone is boycotting because they let toyota in... Aren't they using a engine made of componets of American cars and yep are they all still using a ford 9" rear end?

(I have not followed nascar since I was 9)
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Gotta love DVR!

Maybe everyone is boycotting because they let toyota in... Aren't they using a engine made of componets of American cars and yep are they all still using a ford 9" rear end?

(I have not followed nascar since I was 9)
Could be. The racing is boring, the cars all look the same and it is expensive.

All of them are using Ford 9" rear ends. The drag racers have Toyota their too. All of the NHRA cars in the fuel ranks use Chrysler Hemis. Although Ford has tried off and on for years to develop a new engine for them and I think are trying again now.

The Toyotas got to design a brand new "for race only" engine from a clean sheet of paper just a few years ago. As far as I know they have never built a pushrod engine in normal mass production ever. The others are essentially using warmed over 1950's technology from mass production cars of that era.

Return to “Sports”