ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME BOBBY KNIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!!!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME BOBBY KNIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Post by E_ »

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/79587122.html

Click link above for full story:

Bobby Knight says that Coach Calipari lacks integrity
www.wkyt.com
Bobby Knight said integrity is lacking in college basketball and cited Kentucky coach John Calipari as an example.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME BOBBY KNIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Post by Lock5 »

First off, let me say I really like coach Knight.

but where is he coaching at?

and what is he most famous for?

again, I really like coach Knight............
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

You know, I don't agree with his "temper tantrums" in the public or the "slapping up" of the players. But I think he could not control or accept the "political correctness" that is demanded of the public today.

I am sure these boys were probably "continuing" to do stupid stuff for some time before the volcano erupted that we just never hear of, and Bobby is the type that just couldn't hold it in any longer (not saying it was right). But let me point out, these boys stayed and played, why? I am sure he felt he was more like a father to these boys rather than a coach (let me point out that fathers in "our day" slapped the chit outta you if you did something wrong). With all of the chit that is out there that threatens your life work (drugs, sluts & booze aka partying :ymdevil: ) I would imagine it would shorten anyones fuse. You ever want to slap your kid upside the head and say WTF are you thinking?

He led a great program, had great success, and I feel basketball truly was/is his first and maybe his only love. Workaholic does not describe Bobby Knight and he's one of those guys that feels he is so right, you need to put that as your first love too if you are gonna work for him.... again, not that I agree, JMO

For me it's kind of a love/hate opinion. Too bad "anger management therapy" wasn't socially acceptable early in his career. :(
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
pourme
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by pourme »

He is an idiot.....always has been, always will be. Coaching version of Ron Artest, John McEnroe, that coach at Ohio State that grabbed or tackled the opposing player(can't remember his name).....
Knight once said "if rape is inevitable then lay there and enjoy it"....

IDIOT
Envy Our Past, Fear Our Future...Go CATS!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Bobby showed his a$$. Calipari showed is class

When asked to comment, Coach Cal said, "I'm a big fan. Respect him as a basketball coach. Always have. Matter of fact, I took my staff down to Texas Tech. Spent a day. Watched them practice.

"He helped me with the dribble-drive. Made it even better.

"I don't agree with what he said, but it doesn't change how I feel about him."

Hell, Booby couldn't even get his friggin facts straight. Neither Umass nor Memphis was placed on probation. If you're gonna talk smack you need to know what the fukk you're talking about and not be the epitome of what you proclaim someone else of being.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers

Return to “Sports”