Man Arrested Outside Capitol Black Lives Matter Supporter, Not Trump Supporter: Family

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Man Arrested Outside Capitol Black Lives Matter Supporter, Not Trump Supporter: Family

Post by E_ »

BY ZACHARY STIEBER January 11, 2021 Updated: January 11, 2021biggersmaller Print
A man arrested in Washington amid the protests and riots at the U.S. Capitol is not a supporter of President Donald Trump, his father and stepfather said.

“He is not a Trumpster,” Andrew Hanselman told MLive.com of his stepson Logan Grimes, 25. “Not a MAGA (Make America Great Again) person.”

“We’re a very progressive liberal family … if there’s any reason my son was even present, it’s because of his stand against what a lot of those folks who did horrible things yesterday,” father Robert Grimes added to the Detroit Free Press.

A number of those arrested for storming the Capitol were identified as Trump supporters but at least several are openly against Trump. One is a Black Lives Matter activist.

Grimes has also been active in the Black Lives Matter movement, his family said.

According to arrest records, Grimes was booked on charges including carrying a pistol without a license, possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, and possession of unregistered ammunition.

Police officials warned those planning to travel to D.C. for the Jan. 6 events not to carry, noting the city’s strict gun laws.

The elder Grimes believes his son didn’t participate in the Capitol storming.

“I’m hoping a lot of stuff will come forward that my son was probably trying to do the right thing in the wrong way at the wrong time,” he said.

Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”