$10 TAX per barrel of oil!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

$10 TAX per barrel of oil!

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Obama oil tax proposal would cost motorists. X( X( X(

Consumers will likely pay the price for President Obama's proposed $10 tax per-barrel of oil, an administration official and a prominent analyst said Thursday.
Energy companies will simply pass along the cost to consumers, Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst for GasBuddy.com, which tracks gas prices nationwide, said in an interview with USA TODAY.

Obama is set to propose the tax when he reveals his budget next week, as part of an effort to reduce carbon emissions and generate billions of dollars for mass-transit investments and self-driving vehicles. The new tax would be phased in over five years, and would apply to both domestic and imported oil.

"This is a per-barrel fee on oil paid for by oil companies," White House economic adviser Jeff Zients told reporters Thursday. "So they're the ones paying the fee. We recognize that oil companies will likely pass on some of these costs."

Although the tax is likely to run into political opposition from Republicans, it comes at the most politically expedient time possible: Rock-bottom oil prices could make the inevitable increase in gas prices that would follow a tax increase more palatable.

"Something like this would trickle down and be a $10 per barrel tax on motorists," DeHaan said. "This is not something oil companies are going to absorb."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... AC#image=1
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: $10 TAX per barrel of oil!

Post by E_ »

PURE BS
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Impeach and imprison...and his wannabe B!tch hiilary can go with him.
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

Liberal Democrats love new taxes and this is another example. As I've said many many times now and before. I would NOT vote for a liberal Democrat for Dog Catcher much less President of America.............Southforkwally

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”