Yup, this is the way to handle it! 'UPDATE'

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Yup, this is the way to handle it! 'UPDATE'

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr X(

Obama to reportedly seek $2B to respond to immigrant surge

BROWNSVILLE, Texas – President Barack Obama will seek more than $2 billion to respond to the flood of immigrants illegally crossing the border and ask for new powers to deal with returning immigrant children apprehended while traveling without their parents, a White House official said Saturday.

Obama plans to make the requests of Congress in a letter to be sent Monday, the official said.

Details of the emergency appropriation, including the exact amount and how it will be spent, will come after lawmakers return from their holiday recess on July 7, said the official, who was not authorized to speak by name and discussed the requests on condition of anonymity.
----------------------------------

I'm not too sympathetic when it comes to this kind of crap! X( Sure, just take our tax money and pay for their sorry asses! X(
This chit has got to stop!!!
What a friggen gubment we have these days! Just like that Mexican helicopter that fired on out agents...I can tell you what I'd have done with that sum beech! ;)

Good grief America...where we heading these days? :(
Last edited by Nervous Wreck on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Yup, this is the way to handle it!

Post by re3too »

:( X( :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

As my GrandPa used to say. Very easy to spend someone else's money.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Wait..what do you want him to do about it? Nothing? He's trying to address the issue, and also trying to make it so it's easier to get rid of the little sneaks abusing a loophole in the system in regards to children without parents who are illegally sneaking in to the country. What else do you think he can be doing?
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

2 Billion ?????????????? To do what?
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

imaposer wrote: He's trying to address the issue, and also trying to make it so it's easier to get rid of the little sneaks abusing a loophole in the system in regards to children without parents who are illegally sneaking in to the country.
Seriously? Throw some money at it with no solid plan? Seriously? :| :|
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

What we're currently doing obviously isn't working. You have to start somewhere, and even in the business world, it's pretty simple that you can't start something without knowing hwere the funding is going to come from first, right? I'll chalk that up as neither of you have any suggestions on what to do either. You suggest he spend nothing, do nothing and just let them continue to flood across our borders. Then complain about them being here. I'm guessing no matter what the man does, you're going to say it was the wrong thing to do, correct?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

This is not a new problem. IMHO, he has not been willing to enforce the laws that already exist and may even have allowed things to slide to the point that he has exacerbated the problem. I believe it has been well documented that it has been advertised in other countries that this is a good time to come because the leadership is not inclined to do anything about the problem. Give more money to what? Show me the plan! :-w
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

How bout we take all the active duty soldiers,spread them even along the border,and guard it. Our tax money would be better spent...oh and while were at it no more free health care for illegals. That would be a good start..but it will never happen...its too big of a cash cow.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Well actually all I see is this
Attachments
NBC.JPG
NBC.JPG (32.64 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

ugh...theres more of my life im not gonna get back...
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Nebrios wrote:ugh...theres more of my life im not gonna get back...
AMEN! I watched it ONLY because I hate getting the edited versions! :-s #:-s :ymsigh:
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Let me tell ya something here!

$2 BILLION dollars (spent right) could stop this $hit in a heart beat!

"DON"T LET THEIR FRIGGEN A$$ES COME OVER HERE"

Our gubmet ain't nuttin but a bunch of pussies, especially the MAIN one!
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Nebrios wrote:How bout we take all the active duty soldiers,spread them even along the border,and guard it. Our tax money would be better spent...oh and while were at it no more free health care for illegals. That would be a good start..but it will never happen...its too big of a cash cow.

I'll be the first to admit I have no idea the ins and outs of our border protection protocol, but I do recall hearing it is not allowed by our current rules to use active duty troops to protect the borders. And the part about the cash cow, yeah, I agree if you dig deep enough, there's money being made by the right people for us to turn a blind eye to the situation.
re3too wrote:This is not a new problem. IMHO, he has not been willing to enforce the laws that already exist and may even have allowed things to slide to the point that he has exacerbated the problem. I believe it has been well documented that it has been advertised in other countries that this is a good time to come because the leadership is not inclined to do anything about the problem. Give more money to what? Show me the plan! :-w
The report I heard is he is tired of pushing congress to do something and is trying to do it with presidential actions now. That's the great part of our government, there's so many checks and balances, it's easy for either side to drag any actions out by the other to make it appear as if they aren't doing anything. 8-}

Once I become king things will get much better. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

The problem with O is that he SEEMS to enjoy sniping at the House but does not roll up his sleeves and get down and dirty with them. Imho, you cannot rule from afar by spouting ideology! Again, JMHO! :D
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

If this man(Obama) is having such a hard time getting people(Congress) to do something.........maybe his ideas suck........
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

True dat, Lock! It's his way or the highway...whatever happened to negotiation and compromise? Sheesh! X(
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

re3too wrote:True dat, Lock! It's his way or the highway...whatever happened to negotiation and compromise? Sheesh! X(

You mean like when the repubs shut down the gov't last year because they weren't willing to negotiate on their terms?

Yeah, it goes both ways. They all suck.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

imaposer wrote:
re3too wrote:True dat, Lock! It's his way or the highway...whatever happened to negotiation and compromise? Sheesh! X(

You mean like when the repubs shut down the gov't last year because they weren't willing to negotiate on their terms?

Yeah, it goes both ways. They all suck.

Oh yeah...they really shut it down and the world came to an end just as the O threatened! I have never seen as much contention as there has been since he came to office. Even Clinton knew when to do something when he wasn't busy getting hea....oh, never mind! :ymsigh:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

imaposer wrote:
They all suck.

Now imaposer, that is the smartest statement I have seen in all of this. The govt sucks period. They are ALL out of control and out of touch on what is truly wrong here.

Jobs: I have YET to see any article, nor hear any story about the boomers. As it stands, over 50% of the population is over 50 yrs old. Just let that sink in....

Now, with the retirement age continuing to increase at a steady pace and our retirement funds (that we have unwillingly had the govt save for us since we were teenagers) dwindling, many of us have had to continue to work due to the yearly increase of insurance, medical costs, etc.

Does anyone not see just how many "good" jobs will be opening probably in the next 10-15 years? I know that is a long time to wait and the country cannot continue to wait, but this is something "our govt" has never addressed, or that I have been made aware of.

I read a story probably 15 years ago, that Japan was paying every family the equvalent of $3500 USD for each consecutive child they had after their first. This was because they recognized that within 10yrs minimum, they would not have enough workforce available for their mfg plants. This is "planning" for their country. Not what is just best for them personally.

Since America has put on this big push in the last 15 yrs for technology training, and removed trades from the high schools, we are sadly lacking in any skills that would keep many working here. To top that off, NAFTA & FREE TRADE has seriously hurt America, not helped. It is a know financial fact (not going to look for the #'s) that we import much more than we export.

I remember when is was considered trash to have something made in Taiwan & China. American Pride is lacking... :(
(give me a barley pop & a good ear, I've got lots of opinions.. ;) )
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

imaposer wrote:

BOTH parties were to blame equally for this fiasco, no wool over my eyes. Never did like kool-aid, won't drink it now.
L-) ALL OF THEM!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

+1
JLA

Post by JLA »

Its nice to see so many people up in arms about this. Usually we suffer in silence. Maybe this will reflect in the next election.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I don't know JLA, there are too many out there sucking on the govt teat, much of this will be forgotten by the time the election rolls around... :ymsigh:
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

katie wrote:I don't know JLA, there are too many out there sucking on the govt teat, much of this will be forgotten by the time the election rolls around... :ymsigh:

That's a fact. Too many people have figured out they can vote themselves money straight from the government, and say to hell with everyone else. That goes for both welfare types, corporate and individuals. Not many people are left willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of the country any more... #:-s
JLA

Post by JLA »

A guy can dream......
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

your dreams will soon be taxed....lol
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Yup, this is the way to handle it! 'UPDATE'

Post by Nervous Wreck »

U N F R I G G E N real!

Obama holds off on deportation changes, seeks $3.7B to address border crisis! X(

President Obama is holding off on seeking legal changes to speed up the deportation process for illegal immigrant children, but is seeking more money than initially expected from Congress to deal with the crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The president sent a massive $3.7 billion request seeking funds for everything from transportation costs to border enforcement to surveillance to health services.
ref:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07 ... y-changes/
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

How bout we build a slide going back over the wall,,,when one crosses illegally we push them back down the slide...
JLA

Post by JLA »

Nebrios wrote:How bout we build a slide going back over the wall,,,when one crosses illegally we push them back down the slide...
Now that's the best idea I've heard/seen in a long time. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

JLA wrote:
Nebrios wrote:How bout we build a slide going back over the wall,,,when one crosses illegally we push them back down the slide...
Now that's the best idea I've heard/seen in a long time. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Bet you'd git lotsa volunteers to work the slide! :ymparty: :ymparty:

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”