Wealthy Clintons Use Trusts to Limit Estate Tax They Back

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Sunset Lady

Wealthy Clintons Use Trusts to Limit Estate Tax They Back

Post by Sunset Lady »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-1 ... -back.html

Bill and Hillary Clinton have long supported an estate tax to prevent the U.S. from being dominated by inherited wealth. That doesn’t mean they want to pay it.

To reduce the tax pinch, the Clintons are using financial planning strategies befitting the top 1 percent of U.S. households in wealth. These moves, common among multimillionaires, will help shield some of their estate from the tax that now tops out at 40 percent of assets upon death.

The Clintons created residence trusts in 2010 and shifted ownership of their New York house into them in 2011, according to federal financial disclosures and local property records.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Wealthy Clintons Use Trusts to Limit Estate Tax They Bac

Post by re3too »

Is that why they are "broke"? 8-|
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Well, duh. Don't you take advantage of every tax break you can? The only person I know who doesn't is that Romney guy when he was running for president. After being caught in a lie about his tax rate, then saying he wouldn't be competent to be president if he didn't take advantage of every tax break he was eligible for, he went and did exactly that so his tax rate was close to what he said he paid. How'd that work out for him? L-)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I think Sunset Lady was making a reference to their character more than their right to tax loopholes and their ability to pay lawyers, accountants & tax experts to lead them.
Their (Clinton's & other politicians) "I believe" in it as long as "I" don't have to pay for it attitude". Ohhhh, no problem, we gotta a guy who can fix that!!

Wouldn't it be great if we all had that ability. (Opportuntity is there, not everyone can take it ;) ) THAT is why there is a 1%.

I will die being a firm believer there should be NO tax breaks... PERIOD.

Nobody cheats, nobody gets deductions, even corporations. If you can't make your business run, close the d@mn doors. Cut govt in half right out of the gate.

:ymsigh: Just gettin cranky in my old age I guess...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

:ymapplause:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

katie wrote:I think Sunset Lady was making a reference to their character more than their right to tax loopholes and their ability to pay lawyers, accountants & tax experts to lead them.
Their (Clinton's & other politicians) "I believe" in it as long as "I" don't have to pay for it attitude". Ohhhh, no problem, we gotta a guy who can fix that!!

Wouldn't it be great if we all had that ability. (Opportuntity is there, not everyone can take it ;) ) THAT is why there is a 1%.

Nobody cheats, nobody gets deductions, even corporations. If you can't make your business run, close the d@mn doors. Cut govt in half right out of the gate.

:ymsigh: Just gettin cranky in my old age I guess...
AMEN! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Thanks Katie, that is exactly what I was thinking. And Hillary continues to dig the hole deeper with her talk of being "broke" while in the White House 8-|
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Sunset Lady wrote:Thanks Katie, that is exactly what I was thinking. And Hillary continues to dig the hole deeper with her talk of being "broke" while in the White House 8-|

Sure thing Sunset, it's all in how "you read it" ;)

I'm sure she was broke with all of those mortgages to pay, lol..... open mouth, insert foot, lmao

Just shows how truly "out of touch with reality" politicians and anyone who truly has money to blow is these days. :ymsigh:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

katie wrote:

Amen!

But with that said, I do take the child tax deduction and write off my second home every year. ;)
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Sunset Lady wrote:Thanks Katie, that is exactly what I was thinking. And Hillary continues to dig the hole deeper with her talk of being "broke" while in the White House 8-|
She sure does. No one wants to hear how rough those who are doing better than them have it.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”