Dumpster

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Dumpster

Post by E_ »

I have a commercial property near me that before the current owner I never really had a issue out of except for the occasional punk that the store could not help/control as it was after hours and I had no problem taking care of if they were whizzing in a pop machine or trying to break into the store etc. if I saw them.

Now with the current owner not long after they purchased the store they moved the dumpster right to the side of the store across from the road frontage of my home. They asked me before they did it if it was ok and said it was ONLY while they worked on their lot and they would move it back to where it had been all along as soon as possible. Well, that my friends has now turned into a years and years long lie. I have confronted the store owner (who by the way has started a unofficial bar running off the grocery/restaurant license and then to my understanding sells alcohol to people and then they drink it in cups and now the nice little country store that I saw as a asset when I moved to my current home over 15 years ago is now a nuisance. It finally got to late night "bar" activities followed up by the frequent drunk leaving and squalling tires right past the front of my house (and Avery's window who at one point was a newborn) and I had to have a "serious" conversation about that which it has stopped.

But the dumpster... Still remains. One of his excuses to not move it back was that the garbage truck would make ruts in his parking lot. I even offered to help pay to pour concrete in an area for him to move it to but he would not go for it. All day/night long I would have the random dumpster diver/unauthorized dumper. The dumpster is a major eyesore and I have grown very tired of the lie and dealing with it. I called the company that provided the dumpster and let them know their dumpster was 1) encroaching onto a state road and 2) was a nuisance. They did have the owner start using the lids and had him lock them which helped with some of the night time activities but its still a eyesore and something that a good neighbor would not do to another. ESPECIALLY when they have somewhere else to put it where it bothered NO ONE. AND it sat in a shaded area where it did not really get a smell that you could detect when you had your nose up to it. Now it sits in the sun and drives me nuts. I am trying to get my county judge executive to do something about it and if he does not I might just go it alone. He states he is working with planning and zoning to make something happen but has so stated such since July 30th 2012. At least now it is a election year for him.. Maybe that will help. If he does not give me something to go on soon it might become something for someone running against him to tout.

For now I spent a little time and this is what I came up with for a proposal.

Let me know what you think. Maybe some of our resident attorneys or even maybe some of our members are on ordinance boards etc. where they live.

I'm all for living free but NOT when you cause issue to the life, liberty or HAPPINESS of other people from your selfishness or uncaring of your fellow man.
Well that file did not attach so well so here are a couple more:
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance.pdf
PDF
(578.93 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
zipped jpg files

Some other photos http://www.lakecumberlandboaters.com/fi ... 0Dumpster/

Ahh heck here are the jpgs. Maybe it is my Win7 system but for some reason it is not liking the attachments from here today.
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance_Page_1.jpg
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance_Page_1.jpg (77.86 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance_Page_2.jpg
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance_Page_2.jpg (84.18 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance_Page_3.jpg
Proposed Draft Harrison County dumpster ordiance_Page_3.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Dumpster

Post by E_ »

JLA

Post by JLA »

Looks good to me. As a business owner myself, I didn't see anything in there that would be deemed unreasonable. I have always tried to be the best 'neighbor' I could with my businesses. The nicer it looks around the business, the more customers you are going to attract. It sounds like this guy is more worried about how to work the system than actually working within the system.

I fought City Hall to get the Sunday beer sales time changed from 1pm to 11am, and it took me over a year, but they did change it after I had answered all of there concerns. Different situation, but you can get things done if you pester the $hit out of them.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
MPII

Post by MPII »

Hi E - Did you mean to send this email to me? I would be happy to review......
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You dont have to seriously review, but feel free to give your opinion.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well I created a petition but I don't know what I will do with it just yet.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/harr ... -ordinance

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”