U.S. Al Qaeda Suspect Facing Drone Strike Is in Pakistan

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

U.S. Al Qaeda Suspect Facing Drone Strike Is in Pakistan

Post by E_ »

IMO, we also have to ask, IS HE really doing what the govt says? As an American you get the right to be innocent until proven guilty. If guilty he has the right to DIE. If not. ...well you will never know if we start doing drone strikes on our CITIZENS.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-a ... rce-n27071

U.S. Al Qaeda Suspect Facing Drone Strike Is in Pakistan: Source

. By Jim Miklaszewski, Alexander Smith and Robert Windrem .

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is mulling whether use a drone strike to kill at least one U.S. citizen in Pakistan, senior U.S. officials said Tuesday.

Reports that CIA drones were watching an American member of al Qaeda allegedly planning terrorist attacks were first published by The Associated Press on Monday. But the press agency did not say the country in which the target was located.

Speaking to NBC News on Tuesday, the officials would not give any details of the target but said it was in a tribal region of western Pakistan.

They said the White House has not yet given the order to launch.

According to NBC counter terrorism consultant Evan Kohlmann, there is one terrorist group with two American militants in Pakistan who fit the description.

Kohlmann said two Americans, Saifullah al-Amriki and Abu Ibrahim al-Amriki, have appeared in propaganda videos for the Islamic Jihad Union (IJU), a terrorist group affiliated with al Qaeda. The names are nom de guerres -- "al-Amriki" means "the American" -- and the duo's real names are unknown, he said.

IJU was behind a failed attempt to attack Germany’s Frankfurt Airport and Ramstein Airbase in 2007 and has repeatedly attempted to target Americans outside Pakistan and Afghanistan. The group has recruited and used Westerners in their attacks. Two of three alleged terrorists arrested in the foiled Frankfurt plot were Germans while the other was Turkish.

The possible drone strike has been the subject of an intense debate at the White House. President Obama announced last May he wanted to shift all lethal drone strikes from the CIA to the military, but that plan would not be possible inside Pakistan.

This is because the U.S. has a long-standing agreement with Pakistan saying military strikes of any kind inside its borders are prohibited. Since 2004 the CIA has conducted such strikes against suspected terrorist targets but the strikes have not been publicly acknowledged by the White House.

However, U.S. officials told NBC News that this policy would not prohibit the CIA from conducting such strikes against Americans or other potential terrorist targets.

If there is clear evidence the target presents a clear and imminent threat to Americans or the nation's interest the CIA could be ordered to launch a lethal strike.

The Obama administration publicly acknowledged for the first time last year that the United States had killed four American citizens with drone strikes during counterterrorism operations in Yemen and Pakistan.

In a letter to congressional leaders in September 2013, Attorney General Eric Holder stated that since 2009, the United States had “specifically targeted and killed one U.S. citizen,” Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical Muslim cleric who was killed in a 2011 drone strike in Yemen. Al-Awlaki masterminded a plan to blow up a plane over Detroit on Christmas Day 2009.

But the letter also acknowledged that the United States was ”further aware” of three other U.S. citizens who had been killed, though not specifically targeted, ”in such U.S. counterterrorism operations”: Samir Khan, Abdulrahmn al-Awlaki (Anwar al-Awlaki’s son), and Jude Kenan Mohammed.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Re: U.S. Al Qaeda Suspect Facing Drone Strike Is in Pakistan

Post by Nebrios »

Have to agree with ya ....ugh....to me its just a sorry excuse to kill the first American with a drone...and then what...on American soil next...
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Nebrios wrote:Have to agree with ya ....ugh....to me its just a sorry excuse to kill the first American with a drone...and then what...on American soil next...
Now, now, "they" are assuring us that there is no way they would ever do that on American soil. Now we all trust them lying SOB's, don't we? Hell, the d@mn Liberals went into a feeding frenzy when Bush water boarded a few of the same ilk to get information out of them to help stop future attacks. With a drone strike we get NOTHING from them. If it were a conservative President in power right now he would have been impeached four years ago. Of course after Boehner's stunt this afternoon they have to go too!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Well don't travel to Canada or Mexico I guess
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Islander_212 wrote:
Nebrios wrote:Have to agree with ya ....ugh....to me its just a sorry excuse to kill the first American with a drone...and then what...on American soil next...
Now, now, "they" are assuring us that there is no way they would ever do that on American soil. Now we all trust them lying SOB's, don't we? Hell, the d@mn Liberals went into a feeding frenzy when Bush water boarded a few of the same ilk to get information out of them to help stop future attacks. With a drone strike we get NOTHING from them. If it were a conservative President in power right now he would have been impeached four years ago. Of course after Boehner's stunt this afternoon they have to go too!
Havent heard of boners stunt yet...16 hr work days put a damper on my gubment hatin ways...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I haven't either.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”