Healthcare Layoffs, ObamaCare blamed

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Healthcare Layoffs, ObamaCare blamed

Post by E_ »

Healthcare1 IMAG0428 (Custom).jpg
Healthcare1 IMAG0428 (Custom).jpg (202.39 KiB) Viewed 2723 times
Healthcare2 IMAG0428 (Custom).jpg
Healthcare2 IMAG0428 (Custom).jpg (338.74 KiB) Viewed 2723 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Healthcare Layoffs, ObamaCare blamed

Post by E_ »

...not sure how reduction of availability of advanced care services like St. Joe aka KY One will experience is a "benefit"....
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34898794/bapt ... -structure
Obamacare.png
Obamacare.png (165.29 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
Baptist Health, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is eliminating over 280 positions -- about 1 percent of its total workforce -- according to a news release from the health care company.

"This continues to be a time of both transformation and great uncertainty in the healthcare industry," the news release states. "Baptist Health is realigning its structure to best meet of our patients and communities within a challenging financial environment."

Baptist Health will eliminate 288 positions across the company, which includes seven locations in Kentucky and one in southern Indiana. Of that number, 169 of the positions are in the Louisville Metro area.

"Any employees affected by the decision will be offered severance and outplacement job assistance, if they are unable to fill other positions within the system," the news release states.
Pinnacle

Post by Pinnacle »

Interesting. When it became clear that Obama was going to win in 2012 and Obamacare was going to continue, my company laid off 800 of us, the entire sales force. If course, it did not make the news because who cares about 800 healthcare workers, even though the economic impact was probably the same as a 2500 person factory lay off, which would have made for great news coverage.....

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”