Common Core

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

Common Core

Post by Nebrios »

45 states have adopted this....so much for our future...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW0VxxoCrNo
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Common Core

Post by E_ »

I always hated having to show my work. IT IS NOT THE HOW OR THE WHY BUT IS THE END RESULT RIGHT. The how and the why belong in the teaching. On the tests it should be all about the answer. Many many many math problems in school I could just look at and know the answer. Soooo hated having to show long form.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

I was the same way in school....was always a challenge to find a new way,mostly in my head, to come up with the answer.....but to accept an answer cause its close but not right is not ok when you have teenagers in other countries doing algerbra and calculus in their heads....
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

When a common core answer is given

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Good ole Billy Madison....lol
Funny this subject resurfaced...just the other day the wife was looking over our kids work/homework and right across the top it said common core state standards on it.
Attachments
20141020_165430.jpg
20141020_165430.jpg (14.78 KiB) Viewed 2586 times

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”