Why Do I Work So Hard?

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

JLA

Why Do I Work So Hard?

Post by JLA »

Have you heard the latest from Louisville? The new bridges are most likely to have tolls and the political brains are trying to get lower tolls for the poor. They feel it will put a burden on the low income people. What about the rest of us? I don't get any help paying for anything and still have to pay my way over those bridges. They want to use the earned income tax credit as a deciding factor for who will receive the lower rate. I certainly hope this doesn't become the next thing that working America has to pay for. What's next, buying them cars because that is a burden as well. Sick of all of this. :ymsick: :ymsick: X( X( X(

I'm afraid it will pass and we will have the same problem here in No. KY when our new bridge gets here.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Driver ... 34391.html
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Why Do I Work So Hard?

Post by E_ »

Wow... They should take a bus if they are that bad off.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Wow... They should take a bus if they are that bad off.
Ain't got no time fer that! #-o :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

h38015AE8.jpg
h38015AE8.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

JLA

Post by JLA »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Wow... They should take a bus if they are that bad off.
We are probably paying for that as well. :D
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Good point
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

It's only money! Grrrrr

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Ya think?
Attachments
bills.jpg
bills.jpg (28.68 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Nervous, that is the one question that I never hear the media ask and never get to hear anyone on the podium speak about. That bridge thing in KY is all wrong. I do, however, think the interstates should be toll roads and those who use them, pay for them. Just like homeowners insurance. If you want to live below sea level, it should cost you so much that the people in Alaska and HI do not have to subsidize with higher premiums. Heck, I can't afford to live on the waterfront...

There is just so much our gov't has got into that should be privatized at this point. Maybe the railroads would not be in the shape they're in if we had continued to use them for cross-country transport rather than semi trucks. Think of how much oil would be saved. People would need to start relying on their own territory for food again, aiding the farmers in their area, and on and on and on.

Arrrggghhhh...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”