confused....

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

confused....

Post by Nebrios »

Maybe its me or maybe its not....I stay pretty in tune with the news , on tv and on the interweb. I have learned to draw all my on conclusions . Which brings me to this. In light of all the events that have happened since Boston...The fertilizer plant ,middlefield ohio, Louisiana, and the few others I cant remember at the moment. What makes Boston so special? What about the fertilizer plant that has now become a bombing...and is still being considered a possible missile...JDAM missile to be exact. More people died and more were hurt. Or the Gun wielding lunatic in middlefield that committed suicide via police. AK 47 and explosives in that car but seemed to be swept under the rug...Louisiana will have its moment to but will still be overshadowed by Boston. Why Boston? Historical American town? The marathon? Ignorant media reporting? No, Im not being insensitive or disrespectful here....just would like to know why boston overshadows all.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: confused....

Post by E_ »

Most gain for the event to be used politically.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Nebrios wrote:Maybe its me or maybe its not....I stay pretty in tune with the news , on tv and on the interweb. I have learned to draw all my on conclusions . Which brings me to this. In light of all the events that have happened since Boston...The fertilizer plant ,middlefield ohio, Louisiana, and the few others I cant remember at the moment. What makes Boston so special? What about the fertilizer plant that has now become a bombing...and is still being considered a possible missile...JDAM missile to be exact. More people died and more were hurt. Or the Gun wielding lunatic in middlefield that committed suicide via police. AK 47 and explosives in that car but seemed to be swept under the rug...Louisiana will have its moment to but will still be overshadowed by Boston. Why Boston? Historical American town? The marathon? Ignorant media reporting? No, Im not being insensitive or disrespectful here....just would like to know why boston overshadows all.
I somewhat agree on this one Nebrio, except I haven't heard that Texas has been determined to be a bombing or JDAM or anything else for that matter. Last I heard on it was they hadn't determined a cause on it yet and were conducting a criminal investigation to determine whether it was a accident or criminal act.

Now here's my beef. The feds set up a special victims compensation fund for famalies of 9/11 to the tune of $7,000,000,000 at taxpayer expense. Yet the famailes of all the other acts of terrorisim such as Boston, Oklahoma City, Bengazi and all the other embassey bombings have had to rely on victims funds financed by private donations. What's the difference that made 9/11 victims more special? Why did 9/11 victims qualify for publicly financed compensation funds when the others don't?

I don't want to sound insensitive or uncaring toward any of the victims, but IMO none of these victim funds should be taxpayer financed. But if we're going to do it for one set of victims, then we should do it for ALL of them.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

kdfwr911 wrote: I don't want to sound insensitive or uncaring toward any of the victims, but IMO none of these victim funds should be taxpayer financed. But if we're going to do it for one set of victims, then we should do it for ALL of them.
Oh crap! I agree with you! :-s :-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

re3too wrote:
kdfwr911 wrote: I don't want to sound insensitive or uncaring toward any of the victims, but IMO none of these victim funds should be taxpayer financed. But if we're going to do it for one set of victims, then we should do it for ALL of them.
Does that mean they're throwing snowballs in he!! now? :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

kdfwr911 wrote:
re3too wrote:
Does that mean they're throwing snowballs in he!! now? :D
#:-s Could be!
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”