Yeah right...ENTITLEMENTS! Grrrrr

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Yeah right...ENTITLEMENTS! Grrrrr

Post by Nervous Wreck »

SS.jpg
SS.jpg (37.15 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Who died before they could draw their Social Security?

KEEP PASSING THIS AROUND UNTIL EVERY ONE HAS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ IT... THIS IS SURE SOMETHING TO... THINK ABOUT!!!! THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!! WHERE DID THATMONEY GO?

Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security, but your employer did, too. It totals 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500. Read that again!

Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?

We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and I that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government. Now they are calling the money we put in an ENTITLEMENT when we reach the age to take it back.

If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. If you have a deceased spouses who died in their 50's -- their S.S. money will never have one cent drawn from what they paid into S.S. all their lives over the past 30 years!

THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.

Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my social security insurance! Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!

Remember Congressional benefits? --- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days.
Now that's welfare!!! And they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?!?

We're "broke" and we can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless.
Yet in the last few months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile and Turkey. And now Pakistan......home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS... if not TRILLIONS of DOLLARS are unaccounted for!!!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund.
Sad isn't it.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Yeah right...ENTITLEMENTS! Grrrrr

Post by E_ »

Yep, boils my arse every time I look at a check stub and see how much is taken out. Even after near 300 dollars of weekly PRETAX deductions (bringing down my taxable) they still hit me for about $400 in Federal "withholdings" a week. :( State and Federal together get a little over $500 a week to play with my money. And like your article says, that is just on MY side not to mention what my employer has to pay as well. Multiply that by 52 weeks x (years) and it is not cool for sure. :(

So here I pay the govt to have some retirement for me, yet I worry they won't so I also have to set aside some myself for retirement. LUCKILY I have a employer that matches 100% up to a percent of my gross income and also contributes a percent of my gross to another account. ...which means they have me by my b@lls cause its hard to leave when most other employers don't offer that these days. lol

...and then I bet when I retire I get taxed on that too!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Yeah right...ENTITLEMENTS! Grrrrr

Post by katie »

That's my take on why the govt does not want to truly make same-sex marriage legal. Spousal benefits to pay out and I am sure the insurance companies are fighting this as well. :ymsigh:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”