North Korea threatens attack on US bases in Pacific

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

kdfwr911
Better Member

North Korea threatens attack on US bases in Pacific

Post by kdfwr911 »

This dumba$$ is going to wind up getting a war started. He's waaay too young to be leading NK, and the fact that we know he has his finger on the button to at least a few nukes is very troubling. I'm starting to think our best course of action is a preemptive strike followed by an invasion to topple him and free the poor starving North Koreans who have suffered for decades under his and his fathers reign.

Kim Jong Un said on Wednesday that North Korea would attack U.S. military bases in the Pacific in addition to South Korea if its “enemies … make even the slightest movement,” according to the North’s official KCNA news agency.

The North also hit out over deployment of a U.S. B-52 bomber to South Korea, warning of “all-out action” - the latest of a series of threats issued by Pyongyang.

KCNA news agency said, in its usual flowery rhetoric, that the presence of the bomber showed the U.S. was preparing for "a pre-emptive nuclear strike," echoing its own earlier threat to do that.

Tensions have risen sharply on the Korean peninsula following a rocket test by the North in December and a nuclear bomb test in February. In response, the U.N. Security Council unanimously agreed early this month to impose further sanctions.

The threat to attack American bases in the Pacific came in a KCNA article headlined “Kim Jong Un Guides Drone Attack, Self-Propelled Flak Rocket Drills,” which trumpeted the success of a drill that was said to have destroyed an “enemy” cruise missile.

“When the drills turn into a battle, the enemies will be made to drink a bitter cup, unable to raise their heads, in the face of retaliatory blows of the strong revolutionary Paektusan army, he [Kim] said,” KCNA reported.

“He [Kim] said that if the enemies, oblivious of the tremendous might of the KPA, make even the slightest movement, he will give an order to destroy not only the military installments and puppet reactionary ruling institutions in the operational theater in south Korea but the relevant facilities of countries following the U.S. war moves for invading the DPRK, and the military bases of the U.S. imperialist aggression forces in the operational theatre of the Pacific,” it said.

“He continued that time has gone when only words were made, stressing the need to destroy the enemies without mercy so that not a single man can survive to sign a document of surrender when a battle starts,” it added.

Another KCNA article said Wednesday that the U.S. had become “evermore undisguised in its moves to make a pre-emptive nuclear strike” on North Korea and that this “goes to clearly show who is the arch criminal threatening peace on this land.”

“The U.S. imperialists had better stop acting rashly, properly understanding the will of the army and people that have turned out as one in an all-out action for a final victory,” it said.

North Korea routinely issues threats that sound alarming, but expert commentators have said the recent rhetoric has been stronger than in the past. North Korea has even said it has scrapped the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.

Reuters summarized current thinking about the threat posed by the North:

North Korea's missiles have the capacity to hit bases in Japan and on the island of Guam.

Most military experts say that the North will likely not launch an all-out war against South Korea and its U.S. ally due to its outdated weaponry.

Pyongyang is viewed as more likely to stage an attack along a disputed sea border between the two countries as it did in 2010 when it shelled a South Korean island, killing four people.

Such a move would provide a major test for new South Korean President Park Geun-hye who took office pledging closer ties with the North if it abandoned its nuclear push.
weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Re: North Korea threatens attack on US bases in Pacific

Post by weedbeater17 »

Maybe Our POTUS ought to send Rodman back over there to talk to the little bastard......
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

We are financially broke. Let some other country police them and take on the financial burden...the way I see it we should be reimbursed for our debt..,ugh..,more rocket science.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yep, remember how we were supposed to have the Iraq war paid for with Iraq oil money? lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:ymapplause: I agree with all of the above, but I feel this little weasel has been taught how to get money..... and this is the way to do it.

Why not threaten the USA, let them send me billions to fund the rest of the nuclear project... 8-| Our govt is so freaking stupid that they will do it thinking it will buy them off of us. Let's reward before the promises are kept... BAD PARENTING is what our govt is best at.

Then the chubby-a$$ed little weasel (aka, head of another COMMUNIST entity) says hey, I got an idea (or maybe it was actually planted), lets get the USA all frightened (a few years in advance I might add) and they will borrow bilions from our BIG DADDY, CHINA and send it to us and then we'll really have them by the short'n curlys.... USA = COMMUNISTS (don't think it can't happen in the next 25... maybe less).

Our govt, current regime & previous ones literally scare the chit out of me. And WAR... as long as there is a commodity to be had, there will be war. No longer are we fighting just for freedoms... :|

Just wish I had more time to spare... :ymsigh:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Sad thing is we will probably go to war with him. Send troops over to be senselessly killed when the current technology we have allows us to fight remotely. Run us even deeper in debt...and pick our constitution apart till it doesn't exist anymore. Allah praise America....or formally god bless America. Can I get one impeachment with a side of revolt.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Remote control is mainly on for use on US Citizens that disagree with Obama
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Yeah we could always sit on our asses and do nothing until he get's long range missles capable of reaching the continental U.S with his nukes. It's always better to be reactive instead of proactive, right? I mean, risk a few of our troops and spend more money taking him out now before he has that ability??? Let's wait until his nukes are raining down on L.A. and Chicago to do it. Hell he's only got a dozen or so of em...he can't take out too many cities. B-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That seems to be the case
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

This idiot is already threatening a nuke strike on us. He can't hit the U.S. yet, but he's steadily working on it. But we have many military bases and other assets within range of the missles he currently has, and now he has threatened them. Not to mention SK and Japan and possibly Hawaii. And who knows what assistance he's giving to terrorist states/groups with nuke technology. IMO if there's ever been a loose cannon with his finger on the nuke trigger it's him, and he needs to be taken out regardless of cost, and the world will be a better place for it. Even China is distancing themselves from him because he's such an idiot.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Zzzzzzz.....
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Iffin he wants to see nukes, I'd show his lil a$$ one...or two...or three! :D

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”