Obama signs law giving himself lifetime Secret Service Guard

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Obama signs law giving himself lifetime Secret Service Guard

Post by E_ »

Hmmm, no hypocrisy here?

Take your guns, make you pay hired guns to protect him for life.
Obama signs law giving himself, Bush, lifetime Secret Service guard
news.yahoo.com
Former presidents have to give up rides on Air Force One. But now they don't have to give up being shadowed by the armed-and-earpieced bodyguards of the Secret Service.

President Barack Obama on Thursday signed into a law a measure giving him, George W. Bush and future former presidents and their spouses lifetime Secret Service protection, the White House announced.

The legislation, crafted by Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, rolls back a mid-1990s law that imposed a 10-year limit on Secret Service protection for former presidents. Bush would have been the first former commander in chief affected.

At the time, lawmakers who supported the measure said it would save the government millions of dollars. They also argued that former presidents could hire private security firms (as Richard Nixon did after he decided to forgo Secret Service protection in 1985).

The bill had sailed through Congress with bipartisan support—it cleared the House of Representatives by voice vote in early December, and then it zipped through the Senate unopposed. The law also provides protection for former presidents’ kids until age 16. But “protection of a spouse shall terminate in the event of remarriage.”

The Secret Service started protecting presidents in 1901 after the assassination of William McKinley. In 1965, Congress passed a law authorizing the agency, which is now a part of the Department of Homeland Security, to protect former presidents for life.
...while he has enough money to pay for them himself yet usese the tax dollars off the broken backs of the citizens

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obam ... itics.html
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Obama signs law giving himself lifetime Secret Service G

Post by E_ »

No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

I think a song says it best, God is Great, Beer is good and PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!!!!! 4 more years god help us!
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Uhhh E, your worried about one little security detail for life. He just spent over the Christmas holiday enough money to hire an entire army of security details for life. :-o

Guess I'm the only one that found it kind of odd that there were no media reports about Obama taking his family aboard Air Force One to Hawaii over Christmas (which also means the accompanying C5-A cargo plane for the limo plus Secret Service agents, etc.) Probably cost well in excess of 3 million dollars. NOWI don't have a problem with someone (even the President) taking a vacation once a year.

BUT WAIT...then he decides on 12/30/2012 to fly back to Washington (I think he realized we were indeed approaching the "Physical Cliff" before he left.. but still.) at again a cost of millions of taxpayers dollars.

BUT WAIT! On 1/2/2013 he decides since his vacation was cut short and the crisis (that he helped to create) is now over...YEP...he flies back to Hawaii again at a cost of millions to the taxpayers. BUT WAIT... unfortunately he and the entire family had to return to Washington, again on Air Force One.

NOW sadly enough, this is the same guy who will decide how to handle our nations tremendous debt and spending for the next 4 years. Frankly...I think we are screwed! :-ss

PS: I reserve the right to delete this message at a later date. :D
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

He is a lying, thieving, cheating, sneaky, ba$tard!! JMO X(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

The only news report I saw on that WW was them stating they saw someone packing his golf clubs out of the whitehouse.

No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood. All these "little" things certainly add up.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

WaterWings wrote:

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Danged pot stirrer! :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

re3too wrote:
WaterWings wrote:

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Danged pot stirrer! :D ;;) :-*

=)) =)) I plead Guilty as charged your honor! :D

Hope things are going well in the Sunshine state Barb! I think that's where your at anyway. Wishing I was there too!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Get your fists out of the air Re3!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

@WW...things are fine in sunny FL. And ain't trashin' threads fun? :D :D

@Hillman....FUE! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”