Gun store says Obama voters not welcome

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Gun store says Obama voters not welcome

Post by Nervous Wreck »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

PINETOP-LAKESIDE, AZ (CBS5) - A gun store in Pinetop says Barack Obama supporters aren't welcome.
It took out an ad in the White Mountain Independent newspaper.

It reads, "If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at the Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you are not responsible enough to own a firearm."

CBS 5 contacted the gun store. A manager verified this is a protest of Obama's re-election.

ref:
http://www.kpho.com/story/20115377/pine ... pt=us_bn10
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Re: Gun store says Obama voters not welcome

Post by imaposer »

Genius! Great business philosophy telling 53% of Americans to shop somewhere else.

Of course, it's just a publicity stunt, and will most likely work for him in the short term.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Only about 63 million of the 312 million living in this country voted for him. I'll take his odds as well as his values. He is right after all... In addition they should all be opposed to guns anyhow, so he really did nothing hurt his business.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Islander_212 wrote:Only about 63 million of the 312 million living in this country voted for him. I'll take his odds as well as his values. He is right after all... In addition they should all be opposed to guns anyhow, so he really did nothing hurt his business.
Why should they all be opposed to guns? Just for voting democrat? You mean you fully support 100% of the stuff from the republican party? That's the problem with politics and the two party system. Sometimes you have to pick and choose the candidate who is most in line with your beliefs, but most certainly, it's unlikely to find one that matches up perfectly.

And, A look at track records clearly points out that Romney has been more of a threat to personal gun rights than Obama. Obama said going in to his first election that he would not pursue any further gun legislation, and the only piece of gun legislation that crossed his desk EXPANDED gun owners rights, and he signed it.
Romney on the other hand, passed one of the most extensive bans on guns in the country in Mass., then turns around two years later and joins the NRA as a life member when he decided a presidential run was in his future. Ya ever read any of Romneys statements on guns and owners rights from before his presidential campaign started? I didn't trust him to keep any promises about gun rights.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

http://redflagnews.com/opinion/obamas-g ... lan-korwin

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news: Obama’s Official Proposed Gun Ban List | Alan Korwin
November 28, 2012/ ⚑ RedFlag
Here it is, folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is already laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did.

Remember, the first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady’s plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady’s current plans and targets of opportunity. It’s horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They’ve made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states’ rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine

Sturm Ruger Mini-14

AR-15

Bushmaster XM15

Armalite M15

AR-10

Thompson 1927

Thompson M1

AK

AKM

AKS

AK-47

AK-74

ARM

MAK90

NHM 90

NHM 91

SA 85

SA 93

VEPR

Olympic Arms PCR

AR70

Calico Liberty

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or DragunovSVU

Fabrique National FN/FAL

FN/LAR, or FNC

Hi-Point20Carbine

HK-91, HK-93

HK-94

HK-PSG-1

Thompson 1927 Commando

Kel-Tec Sub Rifle

Saiga

SAR-8

SAR-4800

SKS with detachable magazine

SLG 95

SLR 95 or 96

Steyr AU

Tavor

Uzi

Galil and Uzi Sporter

Galil Sporter or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110

MAC-10

MAC-11

MPA3

Olympic Arms OA

TEC-9,

TEC-DC9,

TEC-22 Scorpion or AB-10

Uzi

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG

SPAS 12 or LAW 12

Striker 12

Streetsweeper

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),

(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than

10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:

(i) a second pistol grip,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a barrel shroud or

(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and

(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),

(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and

(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

Note that Obama’s pick for this office, Eric Holder, wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, “there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.” In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn’t have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose — is that devious or what? And of course, “sporting purpose” is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America

http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm

Forward or send to every gun owner you know…
Watch This, If You Want More Proof:
YouTube – CNN- Obama To BAN Guns SPREAD THIS FOLKS, PLZ!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv3p2lLmjGk
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Grant you some of these weapons shouldn't be in the hands of someone even in their right mind. /:) Although there were a couple I kind of drooled over. 8-| But I believe it is a way for them to get the proverbial foot in the door with more common ones to be banned later. This should get the NRA and such going.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

All should be available to us. The point is not for hunting but for overthrowing the govt if the need arises. We could use a few RPGs as well IMO. lol
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

=)) Let me guess, you got that in an email recently?
That's the exact same list, including the talk about the attorney generals special powers that went around in 2008 after he was first elected. =))
Last edited by imaposer on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Jaybird wrote:Grant you some of these weapons shouldn't be in the hands of someone even in their right mind.
Bull. Someone in their right mind should be allowed whatever they want. It's crap that I have to pay $200 for a special tax stamp, and wait six-eight months to buy certain things just because they are on a stupid list.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

:D I knew I would get somebody fired up. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

imaposer wrote:=)) Let me guess, you got that in an email recently?
That's the exact same list, including the talk about the attorney generals special powers that went around in 2008 after he was first elected. =))
That was a news story published Wednesday that was admittedly using items from a list from 2009 and stated the new list mirrored it with a few additions.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
imaposer wrote:=)) Let me guess, you got that in an email recently?
That was a news story published Wednesday that was admittedly using items from a list from 2009 and stated the new list mirrored it with a few additions.

A "news" story? Is there a link to a single credible news agency who carried it?
But, if you're that worried, I have a few items that appear on that list I'll sell you. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Who would you consider credible these days? The liberal NBC, CNN, etc? The insane Right Wing Fox, or the BBC? ?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hey Imaposer, still believe Obama is not after guns?
imaposer wrote:Obama said going in to his first election that he would not pursue any further gun legislation, and the only piece of gun legislation that crossed his desk EXPANDED gun owners rights, and he signed it.
Romney on the other hand, passed one of the most extensive bans on guns in the country in Mass., then turns around two years later and joins the NRA as a life member when he decided a presidential run was in his future. Ya ever read any of Romneys statements on guns and owners rights from before his presidential campaign started? I didn't trust him to keep any promises about gun rights.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Hey Imaposer, still believe Obama is not after guns?
imaposer wrote:Obama said going in to his first election that he would not pursue any further gun legislation, and the only piece of gun legislation that crossed his desk EXPANDED gun owners rights, and he signed it.

X( I'll take my lumps for it. I got 'em coming.

BUT.....I will ask, what would Romney have done after sandy hook happened? Would he have stood by the NRA and said there were other solutions, or would he have done the same as he had in the past, and said even though he supports our 2A rights, something needs to be done and would sign any bill that congress put before him. I truly don't believe we would be in a different situation right now if he was elected.

BTW, it's not over yet. I personally think the announcement from O yesterday was great. He pretty much left the door open for not a damned thing to come out of it, and did not go nearly as far with his EO as I was worried he was going to do. The stuff he left up to congress will be fought over and I'm betting we don't see anything other than back ground checks for all sales to come out of it. I'm confident enough to be listing my AR's and pmags at the current stupid panic pricing levels counting on being able to buy them back this summer for normal prices.

This does change my outlook for the next elections(slightly). I will be more willing to be a single issue voter and back the a pro gun candidate if it looks like the election will be tight. But, as I said, I did not see Romney as a pro gun candidate, just the slightly lesser of two anti gun candidates. :(

I've been doing my part, have you? Writing my congress critters, donating to the NRA, and GOA. Talking to family and friends who are at all able to understand the true threat this is.......

Point everyone and any one who will help here-

Ruger one stop letter generator
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm doing all but giving money to the NRA. They have some issues.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

NRA needs new PR people. They are looking more and more like they want more money and members before they say anything else with sense and substance. I think it will take ordinary gun carrying citizens speaking out on behalf of ourselves to be heard. The NRA is lobbying way too hard on this by throwing money around, looking like the bad guy, because the liberal media wants them to look like that. It's succeeding. Not that anything drastic will come of the anti-gun efforts, it's just looking like the NRA is the devil, satan, psycho, all the crazy descriptions you can come up with, the media is doing a great job of putting it out there.
Happy camper and happy boater!!
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:NRA needs new PR people.
Yes they do! Lapierre should not be allowed to speak in public. L-)

GOA seems like a better ran organization, but are too small to carry the influence that the NRA currently does.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”