...and this is our gubment!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

...and this is our gubment!

Post by Nervous Wreck »

House adjourns after few fall work days

The House adjourned Friday at its earliest date before an election, finishing legislative business 46 days before Election Day.

Kansas Rep. Kevin Yoder (R) gaveled out the day’s last vote at 12:12 p.m. on Friday afternoon, marking a historic moment for the House of Representatives, which has not adjourned this early before an election in over 50 years.

All told, lawmakers gathered for a grand total of eight legislative days since leaving for their annual summer break in early August. Those eight days all took place this month, following the Republican and Democratic National Conventions.

House members leave Washington with major business left unfinished, too. No progress was made on undoing the so-called “fiscal cliff,” the combination of automatic spending cuts and tax hikes set to spring into place in January. And lawmakers went home to campaign for re-election without having resolved their differences to pass a farm bill.

more:
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... ocid=msnhp
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: ...and this is our gubment!

Post by E_ »

Fire them with our votes
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Post by JLA »

I'm in the wrong business. I need to become a politician and and start living the good life. **== **==
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Go here to find out how your representatives are doing for your state. It's pretty interesting.
http://www.ccagwratings.org/
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
JLA

Post by JLA »

Katie-Great link. KY is looking really sad.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”