WHY NOT TO LIKE MITT..........

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MPII

WHY NOT TO LIKE MITT..........

Post by MPII »

Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable !

A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, I struggled to understand why. So after much research, I have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikability."

Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura.
Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to
her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.

3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when
necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law
School and Harvard Business School... and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even
in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?

7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police
records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a
stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very
strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living,
patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't
relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad.
Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans.

Personal Information:

His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney. He was Born: March 12, 1947 and
is 65 years old.

His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan.

He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they five children.

Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University, J.D. and M.B.A. from
Harvard University

Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints

Working Background: After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School
simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.

In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm,
one of the largest such firms in the United States.

In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.

He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.

In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.

Some Interesting Facts about Romney:

Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in
Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing
90,000 people.

Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles

again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone,
Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply and many others.

He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.

He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten
years.

He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee
for three years.

He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for
four years.

He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.

Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but
has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time
than most men.

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of
his income.... Just for comparison purposes,Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.

Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:

He showed us his birth certificate

He showed us his high school and college transcripts.

He showed us his social security card.

He showed us his law degree.

He showed us his draft notice.

He showed us his medical records.

He showed us his income tax records.

OBAMA showed none of the above, even after many requests

He will show us he has nothing to hide.

Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.

You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the
Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is,
and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.

I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the
current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.

But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to d@mn the US.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
inthered
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Island

Re: WHY NOT TO LIKE MITT..........

Post by inthered »

...that all adds up to likable for me!
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

If you were going to invite one of them out on the lake for poker run weekend, which one do you think would be more fun?
JLA

Post by JLA »

Went to see the movie "2016" over the weekend. I now have no doubt who I'd invite to the lake for Poker Run weekend. A must see movie.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

My wife has been talking about that movie JLA. How was it? What is the DL on it?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MPII

Post by MPII »

I've told its a really scary movie...Haven't seen it. My parents saw it and were pisssed that I didn't go.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Perhaps it is just the people I know, but I don't know of anyone that will vote for the current sitting President. Yet the polls show that he has a 7 point advantage. Are the polls asking a proper cross section of the American public? I guess the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Maybe it is all those people who were doing dope in the sixties that are now running the country. :-? :-? :-?
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

I can't wait to vote for Mr. Romney. I still say that Hussein Obama is the worst President in American history and if I could,would stuff the box for Mitt..........Southforkwally
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Jaybird wrote:Perhaps it is just the people I know, but I don't know of anyone that will vote for the current sitting President. Yet the polls show that he has a 7 point advantage. Are the polls asking a proper cross section of the American public?

I'm thinking it has more to do with the people you know not being a good representation of the cross section of America. ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

southforkwally wrote:I can't wait to vote for Mr. Romney. I still say that Hussein Obama is the worst President in American history and if I could,would stuff the box for Mitt..........Southforkwally

I'd say they will be stuffing the box for Barry all across the nation, the Democrats moto is vote early and often.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

imaposer wrote:
Jaybird wrote:Perhaps it is just the people I know, but I don't know of anyone that will vote for the current sitting President. Yet the polls show that he has a 7 point advantage. Are the polls asking a proper cross section of the American public?

I'm thinking it has more to do with the people you know not being a good representation of the cross section of America. ;)

Yep, Sure most of the people we know "across the heartland" except for many I know in Liberal Lexington are "our" kind of people. What you are not getting are all the people in the cities who are basically controlling the rest of us because of their concentrated population and electoral count for that area.

They will be loading the buses again and telling every one of them. Get on the bus and go vote for Obama if you want to be able to keep getting that check cause Romney will make you work for it.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

The Republicans sign their checks on the front, and the Democrats sign their checks on the back. It's as simple as that guys. When we have more signing the back that we do signing the front is when the walls crumble and we are not far away from that now.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

imaposer wrote:

Could be possible, but my acquaintances, neighbors and other people associations would represent what I think would be a very good cross section of the American heartland. But then my old pappy has be known to say "Birds of a feather flock together".
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Mitt seems to be caught TELLING THE TRUTH here lately, pissing 47% of America off. So what. "Victims" and those who create them just hate hearing it though. Somebody had to say it and kudos to him for having the balls to say it then stand behind it. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :D :D :D
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I just hope the 53% get off their butts and vote! We can't win if people don't get motivated and go vote. The 47% is motivated as they want their checks to continue. If a larger percentage of the 47% get out to vote (and you know the Liberals will be running ghetto buses for them) then they will win again. GET OFF YOUR ARSES and VOTE!
crwky

Post by crwky »

The way I see it is the people that put him in are still happy. They still get checks and handouts and are still here. So why not vote for him this time around? If I had my rent, food, heat bill and CELL PHONE paid for 4 years hell yes I would get out and vote (their work) ONE DAY EVERY 4 YEARS. So folks get ready for another 4 years. The soup line is going to get long over the next 4 years!
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

That 'soup line' won't last another four years.

The 'bucket' can only get so full ya know! ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

crwky wrote:The way I see it is the people that put him in are still happy. They still get checks and handouts and are still here. So why not vote for him this time around? If I had my rent, food, heat bill and CELL PHONE paid for 4 years hell yes I would get out and vote (their work) ONE DAY EVERY 4 YEARS. So folks get ready for another 4 years. The soup line is going to get long over the next 4 years!
That's my point. The 53% should get motived and overcome it.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

I don't believe the the entire 47% receive a check. Some would (rightfully or wrongfully) receive one whoever was in office. What he is saying is that 47% have a vested interest in voting for Obama and will vote for him no matter what. Whether it be welfare, bailouts, union bias, racial motivation, charismatic smooth talker to just thinking he is the best thing to happen to the U S since sliced bread, to believing that he has America in his best interest and has done all the right stuff. So they will vote Obama no matter what. He wants the 7% or so uncommitted voters, to vote for him. Most of the time I say prior performance is usually a good indication of future performance. I believe that America, a lot of people, the economy, businesses have become a lot worst off in the last 4 years and it is time for some of that Hope and especially CHANGE that was talked about. Sometimes you can use all the correct ingredients in the mix, but you have to throw out the batch when it doesn't turn out the way it should. IMHO and still able to express it. I will turn the soap box over to someone else now. :)
crwky

Post by crwky »

Nervous Wreck wrote:That 'soup line' won't last another four years.

The 'bucket' can only get so full ya know! ;)
I hope it does because I feel like I will need it before another 4 years are up.
JLA

Post by JLA »

The movie "2016" was filled with facts about every aspect of Obummers life, his Father, Grandfather, brother, early life, right up to his political life as well as his associates along the way. Much of the information was a review for those that have paid attention for the last four years. It is not an attack of the President, but does explain where his thoughts and actions are coming from.

The part that scared the hell out of me was when they explained what the next four years will look like based on the trends of the last four. Again, you gotta see this movie and take all your friends with you.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Fortunately, it's forum members like most of us here, posting on this forum and similar ones, knowing and understanding and educating ourselves about ALL of the issues at stake here in the good God fearing USA, this lake region we love and our flag we respect-- in a nutshell, we WILL show up at the polls and vote. We ARE the 53%. The liberal sponges and Obama sheeple are hopefully too duh and self absorbed, forget or have no clue that election day is the 1st Tues. in November.... L-)
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

MPII wrote:Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans.
Ohhhhhhhh, poor people hate having jobs. Oh poor people hate having jobs. The only thing the poor hate more than condoms is waking up and going to a job.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Fortunately, it's forum members like most of us here, posting on this forum and similar ones, knowing and understanding and educating ourselves about ALL of the issues at stake here in the good God fearing USA, this lake region we love and our flag we respect-- in a nutshell, we WILL show up at the polls and vote. We ARE the 53%. The liberal sponges and Obama sheeple are hopefully too duh and self absorbed, forget or have no clue that election day is the 1st Tues. in November.... L-)
Just like 4 years ago. Hussein's people load em up and haul em to vote. Hand them some bucks or booze and send em thru the voting booths.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That is my worry Pop-O we MUST overpower them on the turnout this time.
MPII

Post by MPII »

E_HILLMAN wrote:That is my worry Pop-O we MUST overpower them on the turnout this time.
A overall low turnout I think would benefit Romney? Agree or Disagree. My logic is that the people that want him out will turn more than the people that got him elected in the first place.

I also read an article about Iran shipping missiles to Venezuela that can reach the U.S. Has anyone read up this?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lets pray for LOTs of cold and rain on election day. ;)
crwky

Post by crwky »

crwky wrote:The way I see it is the people that put him in are still happy. They still get checks and handouts and are still here. So why not vote for him this time around? If I had my rent, food, heat bill and CELL PHONE paid for 4 years hell yes I would get out and vote (their work) ONE DAY EVERY 4 YEARS. So folks get ready for another 4 years. The soup line is going to get long over the next 4 years!
I wish I was wrong on this one but Ray Charles could see this coming.
DMS

Post by DMS »

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”