Chick Fil A

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

southforkwally

Chick Fil A

Post by southforkwally »

Ahoy folks! Well I will be going up to Richmond to enjoy some chicken and maybe a peach shake. I like folks who stand up for what they believe in.( Most of the time) Have a great day................Southforkwally
crwky

Re: Chick Fil A

Post by crwky »

Stop in and say hi Wally i'm just off the exit 90
oh and bring me some chicken anything will work.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Funny how people of alternative lifestyles like to say don't force your views on them really get out of whack and don't like it when they can't force theirs on someone else. It has almost become a crime to differ opinion with them. Have some for me wally and live free
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I ate at the one on Nicholasville Rd. today, took 35 minutes to get through the drive thru, it was packed. First time I have ever ate at a Chic-Filet
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Don't guess we'll see any "alternate lifestyle folks" with signs that read; "EAT MORE CHICKEN" anytime soon will we? =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Lock5 wrote:I ate at the one on Nicholasville Rd. today, took 35 minutes to get through the drive thru, it was packed. First time I have ever ate at a Chic-Filet

Wow, THANKS FOR STOPPING IN! X( :(

:p
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:Don't guess we'll see any "alternate lifestyle folks" with signs that read; "EAT MORE CHICKEN" anytime soon will we? =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =))

....and I'm sure that taste like Chicken.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Don't do the fast food thing often and never cared much for "Chick-Fil-A" but think I'll make it a point to drop by for a bit o chicken. :D :D
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

Well I guess the Chicken was to hot over on the other board. They took down the thread on Chick Fil A................Southforkwally
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm sure too many complained. :(
crwky

Post by crwky »

I was shocked it lasted 10 min. As soon as I saw it my first thought was this will never last. But to be fair if cumberline was still at the wheel it would have not lasted either.
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

Well I at least got my point across.............Southforkwally
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

crwky wrote:I was shocked it lasted 10 min. As soon as I saw it my first thought was this will never last. But to be fair if cumberline was still at the wheel it would have not lasted either.
That was my thought exactly. And I wasn't involved in taking the thread down, BTW.

I have been following this "issue" however and, among the scores of articles that I have read, this one seemed to make the most sense:

"Linda Devore, writing in an op-ed in the Fayetteville Observer of North Carolina, said disagreeing with gay marriage doesn’t equate to hate speech.
“We all prefer to live in a world where offensive words and conduct are discouraged, but increasingly it seems that merely speaking the truth of one's beliefs is being labeled ‘hate speech’ by those looking for an offense,” Devore wrote. “Cathy's words and support of organizations promoting traditional family values don't even come close. He is a soft-spoken man who knows what he believes, and understands that others may disagree and live their lives otherwise,” she wrote, referring to Cathy.

"As Americans,” wrote Devore, “we would all do better to learn how to disagree without being disagreeable, and respect differences of opinion without demonizing. Disagreeing does not equal ‘hate speech,’ as it is too often characterized these days. Do we really want to become the United States of Offense Taken?”

Emphasis is mine.
Source: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/oreill ... /id/447510
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

Hello Capt. Good Post. I of course don't agree with any of the gay agenda and this is apparent. Folks on the liberal side of the viewpoint don't understand that to folks like me and millions of others, believe that being gay is a abomination. Of course if you are an unbeliever then this doesn't mean anything but to millions of Christians worldwide gays are practicing an abomination before God Almighty. Its time folks like Mr. Cathy stand up to let others know that gay is not a normal way of life............Now with that being said I suppose this post is in danger of being deleted also if so so be it. At least I said and stand for what I believe in...............Southforkwally
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

As long as you are not gay bashing and just stating your opinion all is good.
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Chick Fil A is just standing up for their religious beliefs! There is no crime in that! They are also closed on Sundays but you don't hear anyone complaining about that!! Aren't we still in America?? I think I'll go back to Switzerland!! :p
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

This country has gotten so out of control in thinking they know what is best for everyone. I have nothing against gays. I just don't need to know who you're "lovin", don't think you ought to be out there parading around in all sorts of d@mn get-ups (not the mardi gras dammit) and you sure as hell don't deserve any "special treatment". I say let'em get married, higher tax rate, LOL!!!!

The only thing all of these protestors did was hurt their local business owner, not the corp. Hell, they pay their "dues" whether or not they make any money.... Libs are just downright pompous & ignorant to facts they don't want to know about. Hmmmmm, I wonder who Hobby Lobby supports??
8-|
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

+1000000000000000000000000.....katie! :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”